Reviews for When Clouds Laugh
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Going from happy to depressing kind of gave me whiplash. This started off so sad I seriously shed a tear or two. I'm glad it all turned out ok but dang. Major sadness. Ok, hopefully the next one doesn't make me cry. Great story, though!
Rose-Aki chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
I liked how Temari reacted after she woke up from that nightmare. My favorite part was of course when she kissed Shikamaru :)
Konoha Tiger chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Srry, i always end up doing that wen im reviewing on my iPod -_- srry... Anyway, i loved how Temari showed how much she loved her siblings and all that affection she showed :3 great job!
Konoha Tiger chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Wow im late… eh watever :] ok, i usually dont read ANY angst, hurt/comfort, horror or anything like that (basically i only read humor and family, romance, and sometimes tragedy if it ends rather decently -_-), but something was drawing me towards this fanfic. Ive loved most o ur other fanfic, especially shikatema, so i decided 2 give it a try. I read part of the end cause i was still a little wary but not enough 2 spoil eerything. During her nightmare (which i was 2 stupid 2 actuallu realize was a night are) my hert was breaking cause temari was turning emo and her brothers died and the new kazekage was raping her and-and. D: i was just really sad, but as i continued 2 read, my heart was recovered and i just love all that sibling love and how temari was able 2 show how much she l
Syren chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
The beginning of this story was darkly intense... I loved when Shikamru noticed Temari's wrists. Amidst the broken pain she felt inside, there was sensuality there that made for a breath-taking, heart thumping quality. Ha! And that dream-kiss, well, wow is all I can say! I think we're inadvertently intrigued by it in one way or another. That there can be a person, who can see us at our worse when we are broken and insane and somehow not walk away... Lol, and if there's anything that can break Subaku no Temari, it's losing her brothers and so driven my grief that she believes she never had them to begin with. Lol, Shikamru made her feel in the depths of that darkness... This story possessed dramatic vulnerability . For me, it revealed Temari's greatest fears and her most hidden desires...
Lol, when she woke, it was down right FUNNY! It was also cute... I'm not entirely sure in line with the beginning because i figure that it would take a while to get over a dream like that... But I suppose the light you brought on at the end balanced it out... I thoroughly enjoyed reading! Thank you and keep it up!
tk04 chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Men what a nightmare. Lol. Love it. I kind of find this sty feel cute.
rayningnight chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Okay, this is probably my favorite ShikaTema story out there. I wonder if there are any more that are like this - drama, romance, REAL comedy, and... yeah. No amount of words would describe your story. It had no grammar/spelling mistakes from what I could tell, and I liked how the 'clouds' were used. At first I thought Shikamaru would have commented about them (since he's always found outside gazing at clouds - not picturing of them into random images, but just liked watching clouds as clouds) so that Temari would snap out of it or something. Great story. Loved the unique-ness.

existence555 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
I really loved this.

The angst showed the depth of their love, but the ending really fit with the tone of their relationship.

This is beautifully written- don't think it's anything less. (In your author's note, you mention being unsure about it.)

You've done a wonderful job with this story.
LxZrulez chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Holy crud, TALKEN' CLOUDS! SHIKAMRU WOULD BE SO HAPPEEEEEEEH! . . . No, he'd find them troublesome.

The whole delusional thing about a dead Gaara and Kankuro and psychopath Kazekage scared me for a bit. Like, really. And those sadistic clouds. . . *shudder* All I can say is that I'm glad it was all a dream. . . delusion. . .thingy. . .

Kankuro's Touch-my-sister-and-I'll-rip-out-your-innards attitude is so sweetly violent, if anything like that is possible. :3 This is exactly why I like the Sand siblings. Their whole 'Touch-my-siblings-and-you're-asking-for-death' thing is so. . . strangely. . .genuine. How odd.

Once again, another incredible story. Keep up the good work!
lollipop-mania chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
thank fucking god for that ending.

i don't think i've actually been happier to read an ending.

her dream part was so well written and those voices- god.

and when gaara thanked her when he becmae kazekage- i lost it. actual tears out my eyes.

i am either in a really -oddly- emotional place, or you are just talented.

btw, is it alright if i sort of use (though my own adaptation) of that gaara line i mentioned?

okay, thanks. great story.
7thtreasure chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Whoah, awesome!It was cute...freaky at first but I loved the way it ended!
Sprinkle of Fanfic chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
SO fucking awesome!

I love uurs stories!

Aomushi chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
The ending of this is so cute! I did notice that you sometimes smush your paragraphs together, but other than that it was good. The storyline for the 'dream' part was fascinating-I think you should do another story on that one, maybe. And I loved Temari telling her brothers not to die first at the end! Being an older sister myself, I can somewhat relate.
Shadow Owner chapter 1 . 9/30/2008

What a nightmare! Woah. I'm stunned! I loved the idea of clouds laughing, and of course your lovely references to the apt title! I must say I was rather alarmed at the beginning, and I was highly tempted to scream out and run off without reading on, because it was so cruel, so devastating; I'm glad I didn't. How morbid! I wouldn't question your 'M' rating! ;)

I adored how Temari pounced on her brothers, and the not-so-subtle kiss (especially Gaara and Kankurou's reaction!). It's delightful how you manage to write pieces that involve so many facets of emotions and atmospheres, and still faithfully keep the characters in tune to their personalities. Oh dear I'm certain I'll be going on another 'raiding spree' to your profile page, to read whatever I've haven't already read, and reread those I have...

Extremely well written, as always! I loved so many bits, I long to copy and paste them all here, unfortunately, I thought it'd make more sense to paste just a snippet from each of the four's perspective that I loved.

'Gaara looked at Shikamaru in absolute confusion. “What did you do to her?”'

'“Puppet boy!” Temari screamed happily. “Purple makeup! Stupid kitty hat!” Temari scrambled off of Gaara and jumped at Kankuro.'

'Shikamaru peered at her, “You should hit your head more often.”'

'More laughter. She kind of liked the laughter, though.'

Thanks so much, Jenni, for another of unpredictable, multi-faceted, well written story (yes, even though it was written ages ago)!

Megami.Ze chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Oh. My. God.

This story was amazing. It was so dark and... well... hardcore. I have had several ideas like these. Based on Temari who is traumatized because of her childhood and Shikamaru being her only life-line when she opens up enough. But all in all, you executed it better than I could ever do. It was amazing, the moods were perfect, imagery amazing, and ending was excellant ;) Gotta love that ShikaTema love!

Well done! Definately a favourite!