Reviews for Casting Couch: Reposted
IOTR chapter 11 . 11/6/2009
Awesome story. Made me sad at points T_T

But the ending is cute.
slobrain chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
hi! i read this whole fic on gurabiteshyon and couldn't review/favourite it because i don't have an account there and i am too lazy to get one. anyways...it's in my personal top three of the best gravitation fics. i'm sure you get it a lot, but you're an amazing writer. your style, characterisation, dialogue... i'm seriously jealous.

okay, i'm sorry for my crappy english...i just wanted to review because i have a rule about not favouriting a story without leaving a review. so... consider me a fan, i guess

have an amazing 2009! XO
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Great plot and writing!
Loveless19 chapter 11 . 11/17/2007
I can't wait for your next update. I really enjoy the AUs and this one really has peaked my intrest. Good luck with whatever RL problems you may be having.

Hopes for more soon.
moon71 chapter 8 . 10/28/2007
Oh dear, I accidentally mashed my two reviews together, and started running off about this chapter too! So I will just add that I loved both, and get back in sequence in Chapter 9!

What I did love though was your author's comments about the writing process and your statement that you just "asked" Hiro what he thought. This is so true. It's partly why I get a bit annoyed when people ignore the dubbed version over the Japanese (sorry, I know I've said this before!) - you have to let the characters speak in your head to get their dialogue right, and for me anyway they have to do it in English!

Your note of Shuichi being a young MAN was once again perfect and timely (especially as he seems to be ageing backwards in the manga!) He is nineteen, almost out of puberty, and people change a lot in that year (so I think anyway!) I liked the fact of Eiri seeing him for what he was, free of first impressions or his own fantasies.

Personally I've always seen a link between Eiri-before-New York and Shuichi, and that that was partly what both annoyed Eiri and attracted him. Once again, Eiri's inner thoughts are so well expressed as he battles with his conflicting responses. Another excellent chapter all round!
moon71 chapter 7 . 10/28/2007
As always there is so much to love in this! So here I am, reviewing better late than never!

The characterisation of both Hiro and Shuichi here was outstanding. What I think I liked most of all, apart from the portrayal of a true platonic friendship instead of fangirl fantasies of Hiro / Shu, was the way Shuichi is different when he's with Hiro, just as he is in the manga and anime. He's more confident and natural in the way he speaks, not timid or nervous. (It was interesting to see how he later becomes like that with Eiri, at the beginning of the "melting" scene with him, when he's putting away Ryu's gifts, for example.)

The conversation regarding what Yuki wants from Shuichi was the icing on the cake. I think it was an addition? At any rate it was perfect. I loved the idea of Hiro assuming Eiri and Shuichi were lovers - it made all of his actions make sense. And I liked the idea that Hiro already guessed which way his friend swung; that was suggested in the canon and I thought it was a very good point to elaborate on here. (What I mean is, there seemed to be more to Hiro's teasing, telling Shuichi to make his move on Yuki, than just fun.)And Shuichi's decision to stay was also well handled and believable.

But what I do love most of all, again, is Eiri being allowed to play the white knight. In this particular chapter what I liked was Eiri questioning his motives - "Had he tailed him with thoughts of rescue? And of seeing those eyes light with gratitude?" In light of what is inevitably (well, this is a grav fic!) going to happen between them, this is very timely. And its very in keeping with this more self-analytical Eiri you have created for this story. He's going through a transition in a few days that the canon Eiri did in a year, so his more mature outlook is necessary.

I liked the way you raised the issue of STDs as well. I know AIDS has been mentioned in Grav fics before, but too often its in the context of really rather depressing deathfics. I would like to think they're well intended, but too often I feel its more to force emotions out of people or to make a point. In this context, where Shuichi too is more realistic because of his negative experiences, the condom issue is highly relevant and it was good to see him sticking to his guns. (I hate a passive, downtrodden Shuichi - when you go back to source, its often Shuichi shouting at Eiri and not vice versa, and often Shuichi who ends up getting his own way!)

But my favourite line of all? "The stolen kisses that calmed the panic and silenced the nightmares." What a delicious image! Its yet another thing I love about this fic - the fact that Eiri is enjoying his KISSES, not just rough and unloving sex!
Fallenangel93 chapter 11 . 10/21/2007
kawaii!~
Vixyfox chapter 11 . 10/3/2007
AW! That was cute~
aosaphir chapter 11 . 9/24/2007
i cant wait for the sequel! i really really really love your story. definitely one of the best ive read so far, and if you knew me, youd know thats a heavy compliment. well i hope to see the sequel soon!
Nocturne Iota chapter 11 . 9/21/2007
Awaitin the nex chap...
scorch66 chapter 11 . 9/16/2007
Was "Glaring Dream" the song Shu singing? Can't wait for the sequel & I'll keep an eye out for your other stories too cause I love your writing style. Until then, good luck with your fics!
DarkestFlameUchiha chapter 11 . 9/15/2007
I assure you that my admiration comes out of the dedication you have for the story. This chapter made me a bit nervous. Normally, I can infer that what will happen next will ACTUALLY HAPPEN NEXT. But, I don't know where your story will go. It's not to say that it doesn't make sense, oh no, just that you have a way of throwing curves that are as sharp as knife blade. Update soon, ne?
DarkInuyashaangel101 chapter 11 . 9/15/2007
Aww, how sweet! Loved the ending. Can't wait for the sequel. Best of luck.
gravichick chapter 11 . 9/15/2007
well...What can I say...Im gonna miss getting alerts for this story ~sniffs~ well at least there is a sequel
KyoHana chapter 11 . 9/15/2007
I like that you changed the ending and did not use your original ending sentence. For me, the way you wound up ending the story, while not only allowing for the sequel, was just a more powerful and fitting way to end the story because it truly made the story exactly what it was supposed to be, the 'beginning' of the Yuki/Shu relationship.