Reviews for To an Understanding
I've never been a fan of Logan, and the jealous selfish bit works on him Also, I love it when max realizes she actually REALLY cares about Alec
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2016
super
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
supert
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
supert
l chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Hey this was actually really good. I'm glad you made Max ditch Alec when he was clearly badly injured only to be constantly worried about him the entire time she hadn't seen him. Then go back for him and almost lose him then realize she was really in love with him. It seems like it could actually happen. She's always doing that to him in the show but she never worries about him, just leaves him and he forgives her without her even seeming sorry. I also loved that you made logan into the bad guy in this, i hate logan so much it's unbelievable. Oh and i was listening to Lux Aeterna(Requiem for a Dream) by Clint Mansell during this and it was totally perfect and gave me goosebumps, especially with the beginning and Max leaving Alec and Alec being hurt and then white showing up and Max worrying then going back. Lol. Thanks for this. Max/Alec ftw! ;D
452max chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Aww I really liked this story. I liked how you had everything happen and how it ended great job. I have read both of your DA stories and I loved both of them.
alliekiwi chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
I really liked this story, especially at the beginning where Alec knew he'd cave and go wih Max. Poor Alec getting left behind!
Emowyen chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Great story! Hope you write more Max and Alec stories!
Nilah chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Loved it. Don't know how I missed it before. You can be sure it won't happen again.
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I could swear I've read this before, but I guess I never reviewed. So I'm fixing that now.

Loved how you started the beginning- so we know Alec's feelings, but we're unsure of hers, but you give just enough of a hint to give us hope. I enjoy cure stories, as long as they turn out well (IMO that is).

However, I have to say that I enjoyed it even more when you gave us a peek into her mind and made sure that she was thinking appropriately about both men in her life (even if she was still in denial). Why is she so willing to let Logan control her through guilt? Just the thought of him controls who she's allowed to be friends with- ugh. Realistic though, unfortunately.

OMGosh- it just killed me to read as she left him behind. You captured the moment beautifully.

I couldn't help but love how the cure left her unenthused.

I really enjoyed how Alec remained snarky even when injured and how he didn't give up. And his loyalty to Max even when she'd left him to go to Logan was so touching. It was such a cute detail to have her smirk like Alec (shows how much time they spend together).

Sketchy doesn't get enough play time and usually when he does, he's not written accurately. I like what you did with him.

(Evil smile) poor Logan (hehe) I can't even stand the fact that the idiot called like that. At least he helped.

Loved her series of realizations. Loved "ā€˜Iā€™m sorry,ā€™ he lied quietly."

I love Joshua- so sweet and loyal and insightful in some ways and not in the cute ways. So much strength in such a gentle package (seems like most of the larger dogs are like that, not all but most). Loved his and Alec's conversation.

I like how it became the three of them against Logan and how Joshua's and Max's instincts told them to protect their other member and each other from him. Loved how he finally knew a little of what it felt like to be Alec (only helped but treated badly anyway- although Logan didn't only help).

The "it" moment actually stole my breath. Awesome.

I love how deep Alec's love for her went. Asking for her while being worked on. First question out of his mouth.

The way they expressed their feelings while avoiding the subject was so them.

Any chances you might write an epilogue to this? I'd love more Logan-bashing when he finds out about them. And I'd love to see them return to Jam Pony and read their friends' reactions. And I'd love to see them get just a bit more settled into their new relationship. Pretty please with Jensen on top?
vintage.soul494 chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
So cute. Loved the ending. I'm right there with you when it comes to Logan though. I can take the guy or leave him. But who would take him, honestly, when there are guys like Zack and Alec around. I never really found Zack attractive but any guy that loved me enough to go back to Manticore or was willing to die so that I could live? Yeah, he'd win hands down over roller boy any day. And Alec, he's funny, and hot. Strong but somehow broken, self center but heroic, he's such a complex character. lol Ok, enough rambling. I just wanted to say I liked the story. Great job.
Luckybrat452-494 chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
THAT WAS SO WICKED! I LOVED IT!
darkaznangel452 chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
aw...so cute
Erkith chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
smiles and hugs for a beauty of a fic
quirks chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
awesome story! got here via a rec from klylu.

i loved their inability to say the words (silly transgenics) almost as much as i loved the silent understanding that made the words unnecessary.

fabulous! you've put a big smile on my face too. :D