Reviews for Batting Practice
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Of course they have each other's backs:-)
MistressDarkness chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
aw very cute/sweet. nicely written
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
nice drama!
Spooge13 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
That was a sweet little one-shot! I liked it.
PurplePicklesUnite chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
LOL Bones really knows how to use a baseball bat!
anon chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
I enjoy all of your stories. This one was short and sweet.
fanofbones chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
lacey...i loved it...so exciting...and i would love to read more stories like this one...

i love the fluff and smut...but action is just as good a read...i liked the detail you used describing where Wilson and Bren were in the warehouse...very edge of seat...and i like Bren watching Booth's back too...its not written that way alot...more damsil in distress...

sorry about your vacay...i'm glad to be back catching up on fics...but that's me :)

fab
saturn567 chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
awesome job!
squinter chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I like protective Brennan. We did get to see a little bit of that side of her in The Killer in the Concrete when she punches the bounty hunter but I think they should show more. Eh...maybe in season 3. For some reason I didn't get a notice in my inbox for this story. I actually had it recommended to me by a person on Fanforum. Weird huh? :) Great story!

~squinter
jemb chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I'm so glad I can finally submit a proper review for this story.

Firstly, it was awesome. I can't think of another word to accurately describe this story so I hope it suffices. Now onto the details...

Firstly I thought the story idea was fantastic. I like the way you created a one-shot around a scene that could easily be part of a larger story, without needing to explain the details of that larger story. The mood of the piece had enough tension and action not to require some long drawn out explanation of why the characters are feeling the way they are and the after effects of their actions, whilst also including some nice BB interaction at the end to conclude the story.

I loved how you created a situation that would allow Brennan to help Booth in a very realistic way. Her thought processes and her actions were logical and believable. Her method of defending Booth was not only plausible, it was entertaining. I can imagine her wielding that plank of wood and lashing out to protect Booth, perhaps because we got a taster of what she could do with a baseball bat in the pilot episode.

I also loved Booth's dialogue. His words to the murderer seemed very in character and I could hear him saying those very things as I read it. The bit at the end between Booth and Brennan was also really good. In Booth's words you could hear his respect for Brennan and his gratitude that she helped him without it turning all mushy and out of character. The reference to the Louisville Slugger was a nice addition - although I had to look it up as I don't know squat about baseball lol.

Your descriptions of the scene and character movements etc. were also particularly good. You seem to have a good balance between describing a scene in detail but not going into so much detail that the reader gets distracted.

I loved the last line where you describe Booth's lop-sided smile. I'm glad you gave him a smile other than the charm smile lol. I also now have the cute image in my head of him with that smile plastered on his face.

The writing itself was excellent. You are showing real development in your writing skills with every story you submit so you should be congratulated on that. I know you strive to write better so let me just tell you that you are and I know you will continue to improve as you keep coming up with creative ideas for stories.

So, to conclude this novel I seem to have written, this is a scene I can imagine appearing on the show. To me, therefore, you have created an amazing piece which fits perfectly with the canon of the show and the characters we all know and love.

Thanks for sharing what's in your head...jemb
gator-md chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Glad to see this again...It was there, but I didn't have a chance to review and then...poof...gone like the wind...Anyhow...this is nice twist on the tradition Booth saves the day...The show has gone out of its way to demonstrate that Brennan is a badass, so it is nice to see her acting like one...I can totally see her whaling on this guy...especially to protect Booth...I also like the dialogue between Booth and Brennan at the end...After taking care of the suspect, he would absolutely take the bat from Brennan...nicely done...
avevale chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Action with a little side of fluff. Cute! I'm always amazed by how you come up with all this different kind of stories. This was a nice, short scene with just the right threaths coming from Booth. I can already imagine him walking up there, .. etc., but that's not the main point. I liked the fact Brennan returned, and hid because she thought that was the best. Very IC and só sweet, in a fluff kind of way. :-) x Addy
krisnina77 chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Well I'm sorry your vacation got cancelled but I have to admit I am looking forward to the next chapter of your other story. I don't remember this little ficlet but it was really cute. I liked the Louisville Slugger comment. Sorry I would make this a more beneficial review but I am exhausted so this is all your getting.
I hart Booth chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Aww, leave it to Booth and Bones to have 'a moment' after shooting and beating sensless a murderer who is ten feet away writhing in pain on the floor. Loved the poke in teh forehead too, priceless and pure Booth. Great oneshot, btw, did you know the Superintendent of my school district is named Janice Brown? Freaky.

Hart