Reviews for Stockholm Syndrome
Minako1013 chapter 1 . 8h
Oh my, that hit me hard...

First things first: I love your character creation: they felt real, alive, not simple. There's a lot of free gates for readers to interpretate some of the events you described, and I love it. Even if it's closed, it's open at the same time. What was the game, what was the truth? How this dream-world existed? Maybe somewhere were their bodies, in coma like state?

I love the floating threads of stories that your work created!

Voldemort: believable, I would say sane, either playing or rediscovering himself. Harry: tired, always the saviour. Although I enjoyed reading it immersely, I've got a feeling that you had so many ideas of how to proceed with this story that sometimes it wasn't entirely smooth. The twists of plot I mean: I feel like you described two different Voldemorts, it may be character development but it wasn't consistent for me. Also I can't imagine him being called Tom by Harry - de facto his prisoner.
I'm interested in Ginny's appearance in the created world, if portal was needed to get there, how did she actually made it? Was the portal a mental representation of exit (the world exists in mind) or a real entrance (the world was created as some sort of dimension, maybe the same as with neverending bags?

I don't want to write too much, have to think more of this text :) Also, I'm not much of a reviewer. Thank you for writing and publishing it, it was my pleasure to read it!
Take care
Minako
Emily F chapter 1 . 2/8
*sobs* So perfect, thank you sooooo much for writing this...
Anaelyssa chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
Bittersweet damnation.
Tassy Riddle chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
So sweet!

At the end they living together... Brilliant!
SchwarzShifter chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Awwwww! That was so sweet! Especially the ending )
Lovedward48 chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Well, this was fun! My favorite story of yours so far!
Elaine chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
I really love this story.

I remember the first time that I read about the case of Stockholm Syndrome, and felt that it would make a really great story. Thanks for writing it. And it really fits harry and voldemort.

After all, love is always a miracle, and it doesn't matter how it happens.
LittleMrsAdams chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
that was good :)
Snowfalcon chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Psychological disorders fascinate me for some reason, and Stockholm Syndrome just has this charm to it. As does its antithesis, Lima Syndrome. This was a wonderful use of the disorder, and I couldn't think of a better pairing to use it with. The idea of the dreamscape was brilliant, as dreams also intrigue me. I loved the ending, I was bracing myself for an escape into the now Dark Lord controlled war-torn world but was pleasantly surprised by your solution to all of their problems. Well most of them anyway. Loved it!

Akire
Zoius and the Devil chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
just. so. fecking. awesome. amazing, seriously.

-tac
meikouhaikitsune chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
I know I'm warped. I thought that was cute. Yay!

I liked it. Just enough to show the changing, but not too much to overwhelm the story or purpose. Wicked.

Nice characterization though.
HallucinatingDreams chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
This, I agree with you, was such an angsty piece.

It wasn't until the last section (before the italics), however, that I realized what exactly Harry was doing. I had originally thought that he had planned on locking Tom into the dream world, while he himself escaped...but, apparently, not. And I like your ending a little bit better (but having Tom trapped inside an inaccesible dream world, with Harry confronting a cruel world (that he can't improve) while being hopelessly in love with his former tormenter, would have been more angsty). I would have liked to know what Voldemore was thinking throughout the piece, except I admit that first-person perspective makes Harry's confusion a lot more personal.

Overall, congratulations on a wonderful piece! :D
your tinsel tinkerbell chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
*staring at the screen* I'm not exactly sure what to say. Beautiful is not enough, nor is magnificent or amazing. This is just... extremely deep and beautiful. I have many favorite stories, and I honestly thought that nothing could live up to them. Needless to say, I was wrong. This is stunning, it touches some emotional core in me and I love it. I simply love it. Very well done.
fido02 chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
i really like it i think that you should write a sequel where they escape (leave them immortal) and they have to fix what malfoy did
LadyWoot chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
You know what's absolutely hilarious?

All right, so when I first found your account on this site, I read this fic. I finished it, and all the thoughts I ever thought about it wrote themselves in my head and I was in awe and everything. My issue was that they were all pre-written in my head, and my mind told me that I had told you all these things, and I believed my mind. As neurotic as that sounds, this is mainly how I go about life, which is frustrating for me especially when I came back to read this only to find that I HADN'T in fact written to you about it. So now, my penance and relief is to do so, my dear friend.

The ease with which you depicted Harry's slow yearning for memory, for something tangible, something that existed in the now was truly gorgeous.

And VOldemort...oh, what profound complexity you gave him with his avid staring at Harry as he slept, your descriptions of him made me long for him almost as much as Harry does. And truly, my own form of stockholm syndrome took place for when Harry began making desperate plans for his escape, I was thinking, but...but...if you escape, how will you be with him? LOL.

That aside, let me show you my favourite concept that you wrote into this story.

" I wish I didn’t remember who exactly I was forgetting"

Oh, my heart hurts for the amnesiac that is Harry. Voldemort has driven him to the point where he doesn't so much wish to remember, but he wishes to forget everything so that the painful remnants of memory don't continue to hurt him. A brilliant way to metaphorise helplessness, weakness, and listlessness.

Ah, and the final gunshot you pierced me with was the thought that all these years, Voldemort had control of the Wizarding World, that he had finally attained his dream, but that he lost to Harry, but no longer is that such a good thing in comparison to the alternative of the world being ruled by the reckless, power-hungry aristocrat Lucius Malfoy.

Last word for you, in lack of more words is brilliant! Brilliant!

*Anaria*