Reviews for The Golden Age
Amber Bellum chapter 24 . 4/28
This was really hard to finish, not because of your writing style, but because of all the things that happen. M
guest chapter 18 . 2/21
Tried to get into this one, but frankly, there are no likable characters here and that makes it very difficult to invest yourself in reading it. I didn’t get a chance to care about Harry & Hermione’s story because the whole time I was trying to figure out why the author felt the need to make them into bumbling fools.
Anon chapter 14 . 12/3/2021
I realize this is very old, but for what it’s worth, your Harry and Hermione are extraordinarily ugly people. Your vision, of course, but I think it falls flat.
evilfuzzyman chapter 24 . 11/19/2021
All style, no substance. This story is like reading a art house film. It even has the same amount of drug use!
Guest chapter 24 . 11/16/2021
well done
Guest chapter 1 . 10/7/2021
Just denying justice like that is wrong.
Handers chapter 24 . 7/9/2021
This is one of the greatest fanfiction I have ever read. The ideas are original and the writing is good. It made me think of The Fortune of the Rougons, the inability of both Harry and Hermione to truly integrate with magical society, both of them unable to truly achieve their real goals and condemned to play a game of which they ignore the deeper rules.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/19/2021
WOW! WHAT A STORY! I loved it very much! Now I know why Lucius was acting this way, he had predicted the future and acted like the Slytherin he was. And the last part, well it was quite ambiguous, but I should like to think that the wizards fared, if not well through the crisis and then made the wizarding world a PROPER secret and not like the lazy way JKR had made it in her books.
Guest chapter 22 . 6/19/2021
WOW! It was a masterpiece. How you are being super sarcastic with the potion thing, that how everything fits the frame made by JKR only if we conjure up something as ridiculous as a calming potion. But if we don't go by her plans, it would have been very interesting to see them all GROW UP and move on from the familiar grounds to new territories. It could make grounds for another fanfic if you think about the possibilities of things going in less condescendingly stupid way than written by JKR in her 'epilogue'! It was as if she never wanted them to grow and move on with live, she wanted them to ALWAYS be together in and around the world she created, not liking the idea that her characters would have wanted something else, something NEW for themselves other than her inept wizarding world!
Guest chapter 20 . 6/19/2021
WOW! It was a good ending, but again, Narcissa and Lucius were very OOC. Yes, they all were friends, but Lucius is OOC for most of the part in this fic. I understand he is manipulating Harry and all, but it would have been good to have a P.O.V of him while dealing with Harry and the lot.
Guest chapter 16 . 6/19/2021
OH! So now Hermione is the new Dumbledore1
Guest chapter 14 . 6/19/2021
It was a good chapter, I am excited for the upcoming explanation!
Guest chapter 13 . 6/19/2021
Wow! Another brilliant chapter, I am loving the way things are going in this story! Just except the bits about Lucius Malfoy, all is going great!
Krishna Pandit chapter 12 . 6/18/2021
WOW!
WHAT AN EPIC SARCASMIC CHAPTER!
I loved it so much, how you are showing people who are overly righteous sometimes fail to see their own hypocrisy and wrong deeds. What Hermione did was so wrong, how Albus would suggest to solve the matter discreetly, how Severus would know how it feels to be bullied and then listen to people glorify his bullies because they were at the side of 'Light'! It all makes so much sense, how JKR always exempted the mistakes and crimes of those who were at the side of 'Light' and would make others pay if they do somethings of the sorts because they are Death Eaters and so called morally downgraded than Albus or the Golden Trio! I am loving the sarcastic tone, and the things which were wrong are being pointed out in such a poignant manner, its awesome. And that 'I HATE TRAITORS!' dialogue, you just nailed it!
Guest chapter 11 . 6/18/2021
It was a good chapter, but sometimes I don't like it when people tend to say that this famous muggle wasn't a muggle at all, he was a wizard, just to have something famous to present in the story! The same thing with the canon as well, we don't see much of the wizarding culture and it feels like the same British one except for being of the 19th century!
1,148 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »