Reviews for The Golden Age
mistbornlax chapter 1 . 7/18
Ok...I kind of agree with Harry:

Pump every chump and chumpette (thanks Bender, love those words!) at the ministry full of veritaserum and everybody who was a Voldemort supporter? Toss them into Azkaban and then toss the key into the Mariana Trench!

As for "I was coerced" - doesn't that have limits? I mean if I were in command of a nuclear attack submarine and someone held my family hostage and ordered me to nuke Washington D.C. and if I did that, would that mean I'd get off? I hope not!

As for the Malfoys: Their house was not "occupied", they INVITED the Dark Bastard there (Lucius was a faithfull servant after all and Draco only wasn't because he was a fucking coward (which is a good thing in his case because it made him unable to go through with killing Dumbledore for example!), but that doesn't mean that he should get off with a slap on the wrist!)...and being tortured by Voldemort is not mitigating circumstances, sorry it's not...it's not like Voldemort hands out his mark left and right, you kind of have to earn that by at least buying into his believes (that's why Draco got it without some kind of test!)

ps: If the ministry does not punish the guilty and returns to business as usual it sets up the next Dark Lord IMHO (and this time it might be a muggleborn Dark Lord who wants revenge on the purebloods and he/she is kind of justified, too! You can't heal a rift in society by letting the guilty walk free and continue to oppress others (sure they might not dress up with masks and go around killing people, but they still rule society and make live unpleasant for those they perceive as lesser beings from muggleborns to half-bloods to creatures like centaurs!)
Capecodcanal chapter 24 . 7/15
I've stayed up far to late, engrossed in your tale. It was fascinating, depressing, and well thought-out. It makes so much sense for Hermione to be a Crouch. (Severus' commentary on that was spot-on.). It feels like no one except perhaps Lucius and Narcissa are truly happy in this new world. The potion is taking the edge off but these marriages of convenience, their psdt actions, and the trauma of war are all contributing to their downfall.
Burning Chrome chapter 23 . 5/18
Holy Hermione worshiping crack fic. Hermione isn't that great and you are completely undervaluing Ron. People fall in love with all sort of reasons and the idea that people have to have the same hobbies or intellectual levels is patently absurd. Professional women have long, loving relationships with non-academically inclined.

You're classism and sexism are showing.
twilliams1797 chapter 24 . 5/10
horrifying, compelling. amazing.
thank you.
cztelnik chapter 24 . 1/28
There is a lot to consider in this fic. It deals with the dark underside of the JKR stories, the emphasis on Hermione's ruthless, almost fanaticism (I could see her being a Crouch) and Harry's stunted emotional growth that was fixated on his parents glorious idealistic fantasy life. Ron is actually rather typical a person as is Ginny. So long since I first read this I'd forgotten much of it but I'm glad Severus escaped in the end and Draco too. At least until the end comes.
MissNikita chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
RIP Lady Susan.

I leave this review in case your daughter Lesley finds comfort in knowing how many peoples life you touch(ed).

Reading this chapter it reminds om the devil and an angel sitting on so eines shoulders bickering.

Rational thinking versus emotional, you made me feel them.
muumi2three chapter 11 . 9/18/2016
John Wellington Wells! I can't stop smiling. Ear to ear. Absolutely brilliant.
NHPhoenix24 chapter 24 . 6/8/2016
Thank you for writing this story. There are so many plausible diviation points throughout. It's very Hermione-corrective, realistic and not far fetched for anyone, maybe HermioneCrouch, but a fun angle.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/13/2016
This is a good story but you verge way into bashing at points.
tanithlipsky chapter 24 . 3/31/2016
bittersweet and sad
Guest chapter 4 . 2/6/2016
i love snapes final line on obligatn
suddensadness chapter 24 . 1/4/2016
I read this story last night and it really stuck with me. It is dark and chilling in a way I can't properly explain, maybe because it seems so plausible. As they grow up the people seem to be selling their souls a bit at a time, and by the final chapter I know that Harry and Hermione of the now would be hated by their teenage counterparts. Many of their contemporaries must be wishing that they had just sat down with a therapist instead of trying to take over the ministry.
The poor girl who went to the newspaper after being assaulted as a "prank" does seem like it would happen, and Hermione's response seemed very Umbridge. I wish Harry took up a stronger stance against James than "Write a grudging letter of apology", but it seems that Harry and Hermione are just now about to learn that their actions have consequences and some things don't just go away. I'm not sure if it's because magic makes things easy to "fix" and thus they haven't learned that all actions have consequences, or if it's due to their "Hero" status, people forgave them too many times and they've lost responsibility. Anyways, this is a great fanfic if you don't mind your soul being partially crushed with the results of the world the characters have created. I'd want to be on mellow yellow as well.
q.thews chapter 24 . 12/26/2015
This is a great way let the world end on a horrible way ;-)
(a little sad for a christmasy reading)
q.thews chapter 22 . 12/26/2015
This is all so sad (and well done) but so in line with social, parents and work pressure.
q.thews chapter 14 . 12/24/2015
If nothing good happens this chapter shine quite a bad light on future Hermione marriage...
1,031 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »