Reviews for The Golden Age
twistyguru chapter 13 . 5/5/2012
Yeah, Hermione the Nag (well, really just her being her normal, hideous self) would be hard to take. I can totally see the bitch, er, Miss Granger-Crouch unilaterally deciding to mind-wipe someone she didn't approve of. After all, she's the smartest witch of her generation; if not her to decide how things are going to be done, then who?

Please send her to Azkaban...pretty please?
twistyguru chapter 12 . 5/5/2012
First Gilbert and Sullivan, and now Edgar Rice Burroughs? What's next, Pellucidar?

You realize that most of these infants have NO idea about those references, don't you?

*sigh*

Yeah, I suspect that you do.

Well, it's fun for me finding them.
twistyguru chapter 11 . 5/5/2012
Mother of Jefferson Davis! A PATTER SONG? Tell me you didn't...

Yep, you did.

*thunk thunk thunk thunk*

(sound of man beating head on desk repeatedly)
twistyguru chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
hmmmm. Sometimes the best person for the job is NOT the 'best person for the job', if you catch my drift.

You're plotting something with this Ms. Rochester, I can smell it.

Oh, and having thrown a few grand parties in my day, I can only wish that I'd had house elves. With the elves to do the prep work, ah, the galas I'd have put on!
twistyguru chapter 9 . 5/5/2012
lol
twistyguru chapter 8 . 5/5/2012
Finally! Harry and Ginny break up (thank Merlin!).

Molly is such a hypocrite, the harridan!
twistyguru chapter 7 . 5/5/2012
Wonderful chapter! I really never saw Hermione and Ron together more than briefly; seriously, aside from the fact that he's a clueless Ginger (ALL GINGERS MUST DIE!) git and Hermione's a nagging bitch, they are too dissimilar to ever make a lasting relationship work. Seriously.

I agree with you, kinda, about pranks. Non-damaging, minimal humiliation fun is okay, but there are definite limits. Unless, of course, you're doing a Crank Yankers on a telemarketer who calls during dinner time. They deserve anything you can say to them (and I'll say no more about THAT!).

If Ron drenched my library, I'd kill him. After I castrated him. Probably by drawing and quartering, which, after all, is part of MY ethnic heritage, and who are YOU to deny ME my ethnic heritage.

Oh, and Molly, Mother of All Gingers, MUST DIE!

Damn, I take an evening Adderall, and get all bitchy, don't I?
twistyguru chapter 6 . 5/4/2012
I love the Malfoy's reactions to Harry's story. Delightful chapter, it presents 'the other side' of the story in a clear, cogent way while still being a fun read.
twistyguru chapter 5 . 5/4/2012
I remember reading a story where, immediately after being sorted into Slytherin, the child's magic was permanently bound, leaving them a functional muggle.

It was post-war, and very, very dark.

The Hat, as I recall, didn't have a clue; although, it did wonder why so many children fought so hard against it's decision.

Quite sad, really.

Dumbass Ron would have approved, the bigoted scum. Of course, he's a soulless GINGER, who should all bed drowned at birth.

Hmm...I think I'll have to put that in my next crack fic. Bye, bye, Weasleys!
twistyguru chapter 4 . 5/4/2012
Personally, I think I'd dip both Dumbles and Snape's paintings in turpentine...slowly.
twistyguru chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
Interesting...
twistyguru chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
The sticky question is, and always has been, just how many wizards are there in Great Britain? I wish I knew.

12K seems small, but it may be more reasonable than some others I've seen.

I can't decide just how many people live in Hogsmeade, let alone the whole country.

*sigh*

I LOVE the frustration Harry and Shacklebolt are feeling, but I think it's all too 'realistic'. Everybody does ugly things in war. Well, except for Dumbles, who didn't do much of anything except let the thing drag on and on and on and on.
LaDiablo chapter 15 . 4/24/2012
Oh, you terrific creature, look how you work Ron into the picture! Family and Quidditch indeed. Who knew Hermione could be so very Slytherin?
LaDiablo chapter 13 . 4/24/2012
Harry and Hermione are such terrible people.

It suits them, really. You have a lovely perspective on their characters.
LaDiablo chapter 11 . 4/24/2012