Reviews for The Golden Age
Olivia-twiFan chapter 24 . 3/29/2013
Crazy! This was one crazy story. Great writing
Soul Jelly chapter 24 . 3/20/2013
I'm pretty sure this is everything I have ever wanted in a Harry Potter fic. The politics of the wizarding world are a source of endless fascination to me, and the avenues you've explored within this story are inventive, believable and so, so interesting.

I like the grey area with regards to Harry, Ron and Hermione's characters and how they're viewed by everyone else - despite your personal biases, the way you wrote the fic set out both points of view (Harry etc.s perspective and Snape and co's perspective) and I think that kind of ambiguity and sense of no one being completely right or wrong is hard to capture sometimes, so this was especially well done. And it was great to see the Malfoys' redemption, not to mention careful consideration for the side characters and their stories (poor, poor Ginny).
(As an aside, the HarryxHermione pairing makes an incredible amount of sense to me after this story, particularly since I'm just realising my utter dislike of Ron, ha.)

Not to mention, it's really well written.
Thanks for writing this fic. I really enjoyed it. :)
Kittenmommy chapter 24 . 3/7/2013
This was fantastic! I wish there were more! :D
Kittenmommy chapter 21 . 3/6/2013
You do know that there's a soft drink called Mellow Yellow, right? Because that's the first thing I thought of... LOL!

Soooo loving this fic... can't wait to see where you go with this!
Kittenmommy chapter 20 . 3/6/2013
You got a flame for this chapter? LOL! I rather enjoyed it!
Kittenmommy chapter 11 . 3/4/2013
"Harry was unenlightened. "Are they wizards?""

No, Harry. And you should know who Gilbert and Sullivan are, having been raised in the Muggle world! Why do the wizards and witches know who they are when you don't?

Anyway...

Yeah, I always read the Marauders as bullies, and I was rather shocked when I realized that no, we're supposed to think of them as the good guys and Snape as the villain. JKR really dropped the ball there, I think.
Kittenmommy chapter 7 . 3/4/2013
Loving this fic so far!

Just one thing:

"The nook off the kitchen she called "a media room," and explained it all to Ron and Harry."

Harry grew up as a Muggle. He'd know about television, and he probably would have seen "Star Wars" and "indiana Jones", or at least would have been aware of them. So many fanfic authors seem to forget that Harry was basically a Muggle for the first eleven years of his life, and so would know about television, movies, condoms, etc. (yes, I once saw a fic where Hermione had to explain condoms to Harry!).

Other than that little detail, this fic is fantastic so far. I'm just devouring it! :D
scaryisntit chapter 24 . 3/2/2013
The more of this I read the more disturbed I became. But I was hooked, and I read and read and read despite uni work that needs to be completed. (I'm a slow reader.)

You've written an excellent piece of fanfiction here. You've taken what we were given in the final installment in canon and twisted it so elegantly. I find myself, perhaps now so distant from the final book (the only one I've never reread), astounded and, as I said, disturbed by it all.

You portray Harry and Hermione, but especially Hermione, with an extreme amount of arrogance, that they know exactly what's best. If any two people could be blamed for the end result of your fiction, the wizarding world being exposed, it would be Harry and Hermione. Hermione's transformation from DH to Crouch's daughter, to messing with memories and lying about fixing it to Harry (something that never really amount to anything in the end, except perhaps as a lead in as one of many for the drugs), to her corruption by Crouch's portrait, to threatening to throw a fairly innocent young woman in Azkaban for a year... well, it was uncomfortable to read. You really took her character's worst traits and ran with them in places.

In this last chapter, the dreams were haunting. If they are to be the future... well, you've painted a grim, grim future. I admire your creativity. I wonder if the jadedness pervasive through this fic is prevalent in all your stories or just a consequence of dissatisfaction at the final book.

In the end, good fiction is good fiction. You caused me lost sleep. You have a favourite. I will read this again one day. You did good.
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 24 . 2/20/2013
NO! NEVILLLE! D: Oh wait. :D

I liked that dream Snape had. Sirius looked indifferent and James looked kind of happy, See, I like the three of them about the same, Sirius and Snape, even James if fanwanked enough. I feel like at are all quite likable, even if I could totally understand that Snape wouldn't accept the two of them, ever. Still, the three of them wee stupid and young and did foolish things, and all of them suffered from it (perhaps learned nothing, but that's JKR's fault), but... I've always treasured friendships... and the three of them were always good friends, towards their friends (I guess poor Snape got the shaft in JKR regarding the Malfoys as he never cared, but I'll close my eyes to that for his sake). Saint Lily though, no. She's an awful and I'm happy Snape feels no thrill at all. Good. He should have felt no thrill at all in DH. He should have done it because of many things, not just the love for a woman who never cared for him.

Princess Margaret's ghost friend!

Harry dreaming of Hermione's death. Well, that was pretty cruel. Eh. LOL.

THE SUN! OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE THOSE RASCALS. This is quite lovely.

And Malfoy is the winnah after all it's said and done!
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
I get the divorces and I think they are rather good (Ron wanting someone that appreciates him and Ginny... well, finding glamour again)

However, I don't get the HHr, sorry. Also, Harry would never chose Hermione over Ron. It was quite clear over seven books, it was quite clear even in the epilogue. He'd always chose the Weasleys, no matter which of the two we're talking about.

I also think Hermione's plan to screw the adultress is actually kind of tame. If she put permanent sneak on one's face at 15, what would she do someone who destroyed her career and when she's double that age?
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 22 . 2/20/2013
This actually made me feel sorry for Ginny, whom I loath. SURPRISE.

Don't ever write about Lily. Or at least don't let me see it! I want to hate her forever.
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 20 . 2/19/2013
Muwhahahahah there goes Snape, for a much deserved clean slate.

Very nice. For a moment, I thought Jane was Umbridge! I suppose that was too nasty, but she also "deserved" (oooh JKR) to have some kind of revenge over Potter & friends.
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 19 . 2/19/2013
Oh dear. Great chapter.

I loved the detail of the green eyes on Petunia.

Lily's a bitch yeah. I wish I could read bashing fics, to exorcise the dislike I have for what she done to Petunia and Snape, but how do we even find that. God I hate her.
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
"What are you suggesting, Albus?" asked a hated voice. Snape was back, a pint of lager in hand, regarding them all with contempt.

LMAO. I like Snape! I also like this funny Snape (even if it's kind of OOC. Still, I don't mind it, because I like Snape. I wish Snape had told Dumbledore to shove it and pulled a plan for the seventh book. That would be worthwile read, not DH.

The Marietta caper is disgusting. Indeed nothing the Marauders ever did was permanent. They are scoundrels, but I like to believe there were lines they would not cross. Hermione and Harry though? Yuck. How dare Harry be angry at his father pantsing Snape when he was okay with Marietta's defacing?
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
While I agree Hermione and Ron would probably have a row such as this, Hermione and Harry fit even less, no offence. The guy is bored with her, I find it hard that he'd stay behind to help her in such a tedious job even if it was Ron's fault. Then there's the whole thing in DH where he puts her "in her place" and I can't see how that is any better than her rows with Ron (at least against Ron, she fights back, it's more equal). Furthermore, what's there to like about Harry more than Ron, from Hermione's POV? Harry's just as "dumb" as Ron is.

Still, I'm licking this fic a lot, just saying it along the way.
1,059 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »