Reviews for The Golden Age
Someone or Other chapter 20 . 12/22/2014
Sorry for my anonymous reviews, but I quite enjoy your writing. Earlier I read your AU where Snape picked up Harry from the Dursley's (the name escapes me at the moment, sorry) and quite enjoyed it. This one is obviously much darker, but just as well written and thought-through. You're clearly an excellent writer, and I appreciate your sharing the fruits of your imagination with me.
Someone or Other chapter 7 . 12/21/2014
Agreed. Ron and Hermione are horrible for each other, unless the only thing needed is that he's a boy and she's a girl.
Mararsi chapter 24 . 12/17/2014
Well that was intense. Thanks for all the hard work and truly unique and original view.
WriteShop chapter 6 . 11/25/2014
Your take on Lucius is definitely supportable. I wouldn't give him quite the same whitewash, but you do make a reasonable argument.

I saw him as more one of those rich parents that are absorbed in their own lives and neglect their own children. The sort that instead of taking time & learning what needs to be done to help their kids, just make some demands and assume that that will fix everything magically.
Citywriter84 chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
I'm sure the pure blooded witches are not innocent angels either. They have no qualms at all about raping wizards, let alone muggles. I'm betting Bill and Ginny at least are not Arthur's, but the cuckoos of muggles Molly raped.
Citywriter84 chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
Hang on, Harry says that Voldemort's supporters will be disenfranchised? What about the Reconciliation Committee and starting over?

McGonagall's changes are all for the better :)
Das Legio chapter 12 . 8/27/2014
I can see this, I can see Harry being that vindictive.
Das Legio chapter 5 . 8/27/2014
oh. thats funny. Go Lucius.
Das Legio chapter 2 . 8/27/2014
I have to say, this is quite sadly a likely way of "Muggle-Borns" coming around. It's disturbingly plausible, especially with certain implications regarding even feminine Wizarding culture. Witches don't seem to be to bothered by the concept of Date Rape.
Citywriter84 chapter 16 . 8/11/2014
Harry should not use words like "neat," he never did in canon. But Hermione is so well written: "don't you forget it."
Citywriter84 chapter 14 . 8/11/2014
Very good thought about Hermione being Mr Crouch's daughter. The characters are just so much alike. I wonder if this is what JKR intended.
mpt.72 chapter 24 . 8/1/2014
You've written a great story that allows cannon but also develops and rounds out the characters.

I recommend this to all who want to see the epilogue in a better light.
Dan chapter 24 . 7/29/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. A very well-written tale of a not so bright future. JKR left so many loopholes, looseends, invented so many spells, characters, used so many Deus Ex Machinae to solve her unbelievable 'plots' (I use the term loosely)... She has a terrific imagination, but one can only shake its head in wonder at the pure silliness of it all. No rhyme nor reason. And that dreadful epilogue. Ugh!

I'm glad someone pointed the fact that HP's children were ALL named by their father. A little Fred would have been welcome, don't you think? Ginny StepfordWife, indeed.

Thanks for making fun of the AfterWar stupid fairy tale and sharing it with us. Well done!
baru-chan chapter 24 . 7/12/2014
To be honest, I'm feeling really ambivalent about this story. While I admire the world-building and agree that the tension between the wizarding and Muggle worlds would eventually come to a head, Ginny and Hermione's use of Mellow Yellow, and Ron and Ginny's extra-marital affairs, made me feel cheated. Perhaps it's because I'm projecting my issues with substance use and infidelity all over the place, but those parts of the story left a really bad taste in my mouth. Like you, I really don't think that, after 7 books and 19 years' worth of character development, the adult versions of the characters - especially Ron, Hermione, and Harry - would end up the way they did in the DH epilogue, but I really don't agree with the way you resolved their issues to fit with canon. But then again, I haven't still fully thought out how *I* would have resolved it, so I don't really have room to complain.

In any case, this story made me feel and think about things that would never have occurred to me to think and feel about, which (to me) means you did your job well as a writer. I know this story was completed 6 years ago, but I would still like to thank you for posting it. I may not agree with some of the storytelling decisions you made, but I enjoyed reading it till the end.
Bigstik10 chapter 24 . 7/6/2014
Wow. So this is one of the worst stories I've ever read. And I've read some real bad ones. I also read through the comments just to get some laughs. The number of people that liked this fix is truly astonishing and quit hilarious. Oh to be young and stupid.
1,024 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »