Reviews for The Golden Age
Greyline chapter 24 . 5/29/2015
Well, this whole fic was depressingly honest. Though, if there has to be a path to that ridiculous Epilogue than this it definitely it! I swear, this is my new canon! They all got older and never grew up, their marriages were miserable and presumably only agreed on in the first place because of (and, later, their success-or lack thereof-facilitated by) liberal doses of the potion equivalent of Valium, and nobody really liked the trio at all because they were all big-headed idiots who thought they knew best, even though they hadn't a clue... Oh, and the Malfoy's still end up practically running the country. As far as I can tell, this is pretty accurate. Even the idea of the Unintended Consequences department seems very likely.

Great fic, though. The writing's very good, the vignette style keeps you interested (honestly, I think this is the only Epilogue-compliant thing I've read and been able to get all the way through), and the character's are completely true to themselves (despite having more flaws than graces). Kudos for an all 'round brilliant, if disenchanting, fic! :)
whatweareafreaidof chapter 23 . 5/27/2015
I disagree with you smart he does very well with less work, and ron and hermoine did not fight that much most of there fight were becosue they like each other so when they dated someone that there fight, take that out of the way and they go a year without fighting, and they were kids, and ron does not have a fragile ego, he took a lot of crap for years as a kid, and brow up once, as a adult he would be fine, and ron is right he does have a right to half custudy of his kids.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 24 . 5/24/2015
This was a very very good story. I definitely enjoyed it. Very good job!
amr56 chapter 24 . 5/20/2015
Wow, what an interesting story. It was very well done. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all so disappointing. They were completely in-character, but I was disappointed in them for not growing up. And they all got married while on drugs! That does explain it. It was very believable, but the only character that didn't irritate me was Snape. I don't want to sound like I dislike the way you wrote them; it was all very well done as it was just part of the story. I feel so bad for everyone. They were all so unhappy.

This was very engaging and thought provoking: well worth the read. Thanks for sharing!
ishime chapter 24 . 1/12/2015
I just read your fic, all in one go, and it was *amazing*.
I love the way you inserted the concept of "unintended consequences" in the canon. It fits horrifyingly well, now that I think about it.
While I do not share your dislike of the main trio in the 7th book, your take on them as adults and the way you have them deal with moral issues were fascinating. The parts about Marietta Edgecombe, about Hermione's parents memories, about the Marauders and Petunia's tirade, and the Dursleys, and Dumbledore's manipulative personality were all spot-on. And they were so very chilling precisely because the horrifying stuff is canon, and your fic is just pointing it out without pulling any punches.
(The most horrifying thing, though, was Rowling's comment on Marietta, reported in your notes.)
I also hated the epilogue and how it actually *states that nothing has changed or will change*, but hey, who cares, look at the heroes' kids! Your ending was a perfect answer to that.
Thanks a lot for the great read!
Azrael38 chapter 23 . 12/24/2014
I feel like this subversion of canon, as you put it, kinda felt a little to pushed into my face. You tried way too hard to make Harry and Hermione as dense and immature as possible, all to throw the middle finger in JKRs face and say, "Look! This is the future you wrote for them. NaNaNaNaNaNa!" Well written, but I'm a little disappointed at the trite plot and out of character actions.
Azrael38 chapter 20 . 12/24/2014
I have absolutely no patience for Snape worshipers and apologists. I don't have much sympathy or admiration for someone who bullies children because he was picked on as a child.
Someone or Other chapter 20 . 12/22/2014
Sorry for my anonymous reviews, but I quite enjoy your writing. Earlier I read your AU where Snape picked up Harry from the Dursley's (the name escapes me at the moment, sorry) and quite enjoyed it. This one is obviously much darker, but just as well written and thought-through. You're clearly an excellent writer, and I appreciate your sharing the fruits of your imagination with me.
Someone or Other chapter 7 . 12/21/2014
Agreed. Ron and Hermione are horrible for each other, unless the only thing needed is that he's a boy and she's a girl.
Mararsi chapter 24 . 12/17/2014
Well that was intense. Thanks for all the hard work and truly unique and original view.
WriteShop chapter 6 . 11/25/2014
Your take on Lucius is definitely supportable. I wouldn't give him quite the same whitewash, but you do make a reasonable argument.

I saw him as more one of those rich parents that are absorbed in their own lives and neglect their own children. The sort that instead of taking time & learning what needs to be done to help their kids, just make some demands and assume that that will fix everything magically.
Citywriter84 chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
I'm sure the pure blooded witches are not innocent angels either. They have no qualms at all about raping wizards, let alone muggles. I'm betting Bill and Ginny at least are not Arthur's, but the cuckoos of muggles Molly raped.
Citywriter84 chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
Hang on, Harry says that Voldemort's supporters will be disenfranchised? What about the Reconciliation Committee and starting over?

McGonagall's changes are all for the better :)
Das Legio chapter 12 . 8/27/2014
I can see this, I can see Harry being that vindictive.
Das Legio chapter 5 . 8/27/2014
oh. thats funny. Go Lucius.
1,031 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »