Reviews for The Golden Age
Chandagnac chapter 21 . 2/10/2014
Heh. JK Rowling said in a recent interview that maybe she shouldn't have put Ron/Hermione together. She also said that they would have needed "relationship counseling."

All of which makes your story (The Golden Age) frighteningly plausible...

Good stuff!
hwyla chapter 12 . 1/23/2014
Just doing a re-read and snickering all over again regarding Harry's thoughts on wizards who confound driving examiners - snert! glee!
Reviewer chapter 5 . 12/12/2013
Hermione will always be Hermione Jane to me, because Jane was also Umbridge's middle name and it was a refreshingly subtle touch by JKR to show how the two are alike.
thebetawholived chapter 24 . 11/30/2013
Ending was rather intense. Good story but not very comfortable to read.
thebetawholived chapter 20 . 11/30/2013
I'm not a fan of Severus Snape. But I liked the chapter anyway.

Very well-written stuff.
thebetawholived chapter 17 . 11/30/2013
This is a wonderfully written story, plausible, with characters that seem true to the books, along with imaginative happenings.

However, it's too close to the world I used to work in for me to enjoy it: it's almost like being in my old job.

Great writing, though!
thebetawholived chapter 13 . 11/29/2013
Ah, mince for dinner. I should have known that was a wizarding thing.

I've always enjoyed mincemeat, especially in pies.
thebetawholived chapter 11 . 11/29/2013
Should have asked dear Narcissa about the party. Tsk, tsk.
thebetawholived chapter 10 . 11/29/2013
Max Rockatansky? Really!?

That's enough to make me . . . dare I say it? . . .

mad.
Flame chapter 20 . 11/24/2013
Well, to be fair, you make your heroes very unlikable. I mean, what Herm and Harry did was truly unspeakable... they are barley better then those they fight against, in that at least they think they are on the side of justice. Jane is annoying (well written OC I suppose), but annoying anyway; and yet is entirely correct. However, the only point is that Harry feels a littttttle OOC. If I remember the end of DH properly, he does feel sorry for Snape, and does agree that his parents were terrible..
MUAHAHAHAAH chapter 15 . 11/24/2013
The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing...
Shubhs chapter 24 . 10/26/2013
Your take was chilling but pretty damn accurate.
Charlie b chapter 6 . 10/9/2013
Okay -ugh. No thank you. Not only are the Malfoys more likeable than Harry, but even Ron is more level headed and laid back than him! Literally no one is nastier and ruder than Harry in this fic so far. I got as far as the bit about the Malfoys at the beginning of this chapter and was just put off by how astoundingly rude Harry was to them, particularly when they were being so polite and lovely it was OOC. Harry is rude, judgemental and socially inept. As a writer, I think you need to make your main character likeable. This is annoying me, so I won't read on. Saying that, i have read your other fics and given positive feedback on them, so perhaps this is some of your earlier work.
Charlie b chapter 5 . 10/9/2013
Harry is not very likeable in this fic, and so far no plot. It all seems a bit random. Still, if some sort of storyline emerges soon I may be hooked, as the writing is still pretty good.
Lola Smith chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
A lasting civilization has to have at least 50,000 people for a proper gene pool.
Very good, though. I like your story so far.
1,001 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »