Reviews for Summertime
Grimm Productions chapter 16 . 2/17/2014
-sniff-
Quantumphysica chapter 16 . 4/21/2013
This was touching and beautiful. I loved it.
It was so different from many HP fics, not action-packed but just... you know. Beautiful.
I love that you did some Dursley-redeeming; I always thought there had to be more to them than just magic-hating evilness... Oh, and Darren Creevey stole my heart xD Great character you wrote there!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 16 . 5/22/2012
GREAT story! :)
Darque Hart chapter 16 . 10/1/2011
Kudos! Yes, it's been a while since you wrote this, but it still deserves acknowledgment. It's a wonderful story and I love the way you wrote it with Petunia telling Harry the story.
NoxSomnium chapter 16 . 7/1/2011
Oh I like it! I felt, at first, that it was a bit stilted, but it fleshed out enough to be stylistic instead later. There was the occasional typo, but that happens.

It took me a bit to figure out that Petunia was the younger sister in this story. My interpretation of her early illness was that she was a toddler and Lily an infant since "when I was a baby" can often be used in a nonspecific manner.

I think Petunia as being in love with Severus is a really interesting interpretation though, and it worked very well as you portrayed it. It explains the sisterly and magical rift, as well as adds to the general sense of Petunia's jealousy. I thought it was odd, but exemplary of Lily's tendency to not look below the surface of things, that even as late as their fifth year Lily still said that Severus was wealthy and pureblooded. Surely seeing the house at least let her know that he was not a well monied young man. Of course, not looking deeply into or making connections between general observations and occurrences is a general human failing and a strong failing of adolescence.

Darren was an interesting introduction, and I did wonder if Amanda Prewett-Dursley was perhaps related to the rarely mentioned accountant relation of Mollies. :)

Thank you for sharing your idea.
Lossie chapter 16 . 6/24/2011
A really beautiful story. I never ever read something like that and I'll probably never have a chance to do so with so much pleasure with another story, because this one... just has something special in itself and I'm sure I'll never forget about it. :)

And when Tunie started to cry in the end... I did it too. It was just so sad and so unfair that she did't have magic in her and that nor Severus or her parents or even her own sister ever truly care about her or (in Severus' case) love her. So so bloody unfair! T_T

uuuuu~ and I'm crying again! Silly sentimental me. xP
tarnished silver things chapter 8 . 4/28/2011
YAY!
Mother of Tears chapter 16 . 5/28/2010
Very well done.
VestriVerum chapter 16 . 2/17/2010
Very beautiful, very sad, and very touching.

~V.
bianca chapter 14 . 10/8/2009
I love how you put this together. I love how all of the characters motivations are easy to understand and accept.

Petunia jealous that Lily has Severus and she doesn't even realize it - or want it. What a beautiful new idea.
Faryn Katz chapter 16 . 4/25/2009
That was a good ending. :) I feel so bad for Sev and Petunia now! (See, you've got me calling him Sev! XD)
Han Cini chapter 12 . 4/20/2009
i really like this story. petunia never really got to tell her story and i love your take on it. actually this story reminds me a bit of atonement...but without the traitorous young sister lol...id love to see a severus/lily fic from you though, i think you'd do that really well. Cheers!
mercurywrites chapter 16 . 4/19/2009
Nice job with this!
geezlooueez chapter 15 . 4/18/2009
I'm loving your story. Well written, sweet, heartbreaking, what's not to love? hah.

Snape really did deserve a much better life. Its a miracle he didn't off himself after everything.
Faryn Katz chapter 15 . 3/5/2009
So much awesomeness! Way to go!