Reviews for Giving Extras
HermioneeBlack chapter 1 . 5/27
no. Flint and deadly nightshade has a better ring to it than granite and deadly night shade. You made the right call with the words.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 3/17
Well done. Luna helps to give Snape a framework of Ravenclaw rationality to hang his emotions on, and offers him a good transition between the shelter he currently has, and an entry into the outside world. Plus, a room by himself that won't be invaded by squirrelly nine year old boys is probably a very good thing for Snape at this time.
Snarky64 chapter 5 . 3/10
This was a very enjoyable chapter. Imagine being faced with you own portrait, but the portrait having the ongoing knowledge that you don't. I thought that was inspired. I confess that I don't interpret Snape's character as such a victim as he seems here, so I'm not quite into the 'vindiction' that Portrait-Snape espouses. After all, no-one can be blamed for believing Snape's allegiances were exactly what he portrayed them to be!
Snarky64 chapter 3 . 3/10
Good chapter. I'm not convinced by your arguments that Snape didn't invent Sectumsempra. It seems pretty clear from HBP that he did, even if others learnt of it (just as they did with Levicorpus).
Snarky64 chapter 2 . 3/10
Interesting start. As a lover of Welsh mythology, I always like seeing it used in HP stories.

Canon correction, if I may - it's not correct that Dumbledore wanted the mastery of the wand to go to Snape - he wanted the elder wand's power broken, and that could only happen if he was undefeated at death. Had Draco not disarmed Dumbledore, the power of the Elder Wand would have died with Dumbledore because Snape killed Dumbledore at his request, not by defeating him.
lovemya2000 chapter 9 . 4/10/2014
matchynishi chapter 9 . 3/16/2014
Wow. This was wonderful. I absolutely loved this, and enjoyed it a lot. It's a pity if it's abandoned, as it looks like it hasn't been updated in a couple of years... but even so, thank you for sharing - i really enjoyed reading this. Following it just in case. :)
Mu-Nition chapter 9 . 12/6/2013
I love this. Severus and Luna are my two favorite characters, and that is just the icing on the delectably written cake. The emotional subtleties here are wonderful, and handled wonderfully.

I know it has been a while, but I would love for you to continue this. Thank you for a great read.
watin77 chapter 9 . 1/13/2013
i'm sorry about your friend's death, but i do look forward to you (possibly, hopefully) finishing this story. i've been (re)reading some of your fics and really enjoying them- even your authors notes, which in other peoples' works i often just skim.
MuggleCreator chapter 9 . 1/8/2013
Nice stuff. Every bit of these memories... I just love the way you pick them apart. The analysis is well-done and very welcome.
Glad you're doing this; Severus deserves a second chance!

Hope it keeps coming.
susannajulia chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
Nice idea
JackaMalfroy chapter 9 . 11/3/2012
I hope you'll update this. It's very interesting story.
wynnleaf chapter 9 . 10/6/2012
Good to see this continued! Snape reliving the memories gives a unique opportunity for us, through him, to explore his actions and thoughts as a child, and Luna is great at providing the ongoing grounding that these were a *child's* experiences. I like seeing Harry remind Snape and the reader that really young Snape's actions and feelings were not necessarily so different from Harry as a child. Snape perhaps had learned to look at his past as evidence of his guilt and unworthiness of Lily, while in reality, he wasn't acting any more "awful" as a boy than should have been expected in the circumstances.
Hebi R chapter 9 . 9/30/2012
So glad you are still around and posting; this chapter was amazing.
trekker2002 chapter 9 . 9/30/2012
So glad to see this is still being written and such a lovely long update too. I can only echo what others have said, the characterisations are so good and you really have got under their skin. I love stories which resell the story from Severus perspective since he was by far the most interesting character in the series,but so much about him was left unsaid.

Thanks for all your efforts.