Reviews for Giving Extras
mama123 chapter 2 . 2/7
This is so good so far!
Tiny Teddy Bear chapter 9 . 2/7
Yes! I found it again!
I read this story ages ago, before I had a ffnet account, and always remembered it. However, I hadn't been able to track it down until now - when I wasn't even looking for it! I read your review for another story I was looking at, and thought it sounded well thought out. I tend to follow through to the writers of good reviews, because very often they write great stories themselves. And it paid off, because I managed to find this one again!
Anyway, I really did enjoy it, and am planning to read it again to refresh my memory. And I do hope that you will return to it one day, and give it the ending it deserves. :)
HermioneeBlack chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
no. Flint and deadly nightshade has a better ring to it than granite and deadly night shade. You made the right call with the words.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 3/17/2015
Well done. Luna helps to give Snape a framework of Ravenclaw rationality to hang his emotions on, and offers him a good transition between the shelter he currently has, and an entry into the outside world. Plus, a room by himself that won't be invaded by squirrelly nine year old boys is probably a very good thing for Snape at this time.
Snarky64 chapter 5 . 3/10/2015
This was a very enjoyable chapter. Imagine being faced with you own portrait, but the portrait having the ongoing knowledge that you don't. I thought that was inspired. I confess that I don't interpret Snape's character as such a victim as he seems here, so I'm not quite into the 'vindiction' that Portrait-Snape espouses. After all, no-one can be blamed for believing Snape's allegiances were exactly what he portrayed them to be!
Snarky64 chapter 3 . 3/10/2015
Good chapter. I'm not convinced by your arguments that Snape didn't invent Sectumsempra. It seems pretty clear from HBP that he did, even if others learnt of it (just as they did with Levicorpus).
Snarky64 chapter 2 . 3/10/2015
Interesting start. As a lover of Welsh mythology, I always like seeing it used in HP stories.

Canon correction, if I may - it's not correct that Dumbledore wanted the mastery of the wand to go to Snape - he wanted the elder wand's power broken, and that could only happen if he was undefeated at death. Had Draco not disarmed Dumbledore, the power of the Elder Wand would have died with Dumbledore because Snape killed Dumbledore at his request, not by defeating him.
lovemya2000 chapter 9 . 4/10/2014
matchynishi chapter 9 . 3/16/2014
Wow. This was wonderful. I absolutely loved this, and enjoyed it a lot. It's a pity if it's abandoned, as it looks like it hasn't been updated in a couple of years... but even so, thank you for sharing - i really enjoyed reading this. Following it just in case. :)
Mu-Nition chapter 9 . 12/6/2013
I love this. Severus and Luna are my two favorite characters, and that is just the icing on the delectably written cake. The emotional subtleties here are wonderful, and handled wonderfully.

I know it has been a while, but I would love for you to continue this. Thank you for a great read.
watin77 chapter 9 . 1/13/2013
i'm sorry about your friend's death, but i do look forward to you (possibly, hopefully) finishing this story. i've been (re)reading some of your fics and really enjoying them- even your authors notes, which in other peoples' works i often just skim.
MuggleCreator chapter 9 . 1/8/2013
Nice stuff. Every bit of these memories... I just love the way you pick them apart. The analysis is well-done and very welcome.
Glad you're doing this; Severus deserves a second chance!

Hope it keeps coming.
susannajulia chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
Nice idea
JackaMalfroy chapter 9 . 11/3/2012
I hope you'll update this. It's very interesting story.
wynnleaf chapter 9 . 10/6/2012
Good to see this continued! Snape reliving the memories gives a unique opportunity for us, through him, to explore his actions and thoughts as a child, and Luna is great at providing the ongoing grounding that these were a *child's* experiences. I like seeing Harry remind Snape and the reader that really young Snape's actions and feelings were not necessarily so different from Harry as a child. Snape perhaps had learned to look at his past as evidence of his guilt and unworthiness of Lily, while in reality, he wasn't acting any more "awful" as a boy than should have been expected in the circumstances.