Reviews for Circe's Power
Billie the fourth sage chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Wow :0 Very nicely done. I could really feel the emotion in this _
stella8h8chang chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Wow. I love it. From their meeting to Gellert's "teeth clipping Albus's lower lip." Beautifully structured, delicately phrased, flawlessly characterized...

I particularly like the idea of the letters, because they capture a bit of Gellert's playfulness, as well as his unsettling delight in violence. He does strike me as someone who likes to push people to their limits.

Going straight into my C2 of ADGG fics! Yay!
FlameintheFlood chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Lovely. It was excactly what I would have imagined it as. Great job capturing all the charectors perfectly. fabulous.

-Margaret-
Epithelial chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
I want to give you mad props for writing the first ADGG fic on this site! (Or, the first one I could find, anyway.) Thought it was very well written, and you deserve a metal for looking between the lines! You don't need any rich-writer lady to tell you when and where to slash. You did it all yourself. I give you a taco.
Azalee chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Hmm, veery nice. I like the inclusion of Albus' family, Ariana's lovely and Aberforth is very himself. And Gellert, ooh, Gellert.

The end of each part was excellent every time, and I love the title a lot :D
Havenhaven chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I loved the imagery and the argument betwwen Aberfotth and Albus. I adored the interaction between Albus and Gillert. Very thought provoking and well-written.
QueenOfHalf-BakedIdeas chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
you were right! good job!
scrawling purple ink chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Thank you for this! This is exactly the kind of relationship I was picturing when I read DH. Excellent.
Skyla Ladona chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I was wondering if there was some deeper relationship between Albus and Grindelwald. Your interpretation sounds like it could have happened.

-Skyla
Christopher Kidwell chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Frankly, Albus and Grindelwald had the right idea. The Wizards SHOULD rule the Muggles in the books, if only to protect new-born wizards and witches from people like Vernon Dursley and the others like him.

They were going about it in the right way too, going in front of the Ministries and telling people why they should support the wizards and witches ruling the muggles. I really don't know how that got twisted into what Aberforth made it out to be. Albus could have traveled the world with Ariana, no problem. He would have just had to make some way that Aberforth could be with them somehow to calm her down, something that he should have pointed out to Aberforth that he could do in order to assuage Aberforth's non-righteous anger and indignation.

I really think that the problem with Aberforth was that he was just as angry at Ariana as Albus was... he just hid it better than Albus and hid it behind statements of "I won't go to school, I will stay home and protect her!" that he KNEW Albus was not going to let stand.

Albus was wrong when he said his brother was 'infinitely more admirable'... an infinitely more admirable person would have offered to come along with Albus and Grindelwald, take care of Ariana, and supported their quest, started out of love for his sister and a desire to NEVER see anyone abused like his sister ever again.