Reviews for Matinee Showing
justapotterhead chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I think it was wonderful that you watched the world war newsreels for this. Anybody who thinks its stupid just doesn't know how to be commited to a story. The story was really good. Nerds rule!
Eponymy91 chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Again, must repeat the Jo Rowling compliment. The words flow, the magic is a part of the story and the fabric of these characters, nothing is over- or under-done. I'm so happy I found this :)
can'tthinkofone chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
The characters and their moods and the location...it's unusual in a realistic sort of way. You think creatively! Well done!
ZebraStripedFlamingo chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
"This afternoon seemed half-hearted and thin. It was no time for words like those. They would clatter to the floor like pencils."

That was just beautiful. They were my favorite lines. I think it says so much more about James and Lily's relationship than if declaring their love was easy and they did it all the time, without thought. It shows that James wants it to work out so much, and that their mutual respect is deeper than infatuation.

Thanks for the great read!
smidget chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
This is very good and orginal too.

Great job.
TalkingMouse chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I think your research was worth it. I was thinking while I read that the newsreel was very convincing. You did a good job making it recognizable without losing the magical aspects of teh setting. It was very sad. I enjoyed it.
books4evah chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Nice. But everyone has at least one ounce if nerd in them (I think I got a bit too much, though). You know, at first I was dubtful. The cinemas? I thought it'd become one of those stories with basically all the characters might as well be muggles. But quite honestly, it worked out well. There was a good amount of magic incorporated in (I liked the jump rope rhyme. I'll sing it next time I jump rope, and people'll just stare at me). Now who's the nerd?
sophiascribbles chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Brilliant.

:D :D
webling-girl05 chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
I am in awe.
and-chaos-reigned chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
You may be a nerd...but gosh darn it, you do write good. ) lol, I really enjoyed this one. It got across the feeling of the world and the times and also the feeling of that theater and James' emotions as well. The descriptions were wonderful, and I loved the comparison of the words all lined up in a queue to their shadows in line. Loved it!
DarkyDearest chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
you're not a geek alone though! lol i've done alot of research on forks washington for twilight stories. maps and pictures and stuff. i think it show a good writer if you want your story to have that kind of detail. i really loved the style this was written in. i really got the feel of the afternoon, especially when lily was thinking about feeling old, that really got me for some reason. keep writing! Cheers!
taiyourshoes chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Aw this was so sad and sweet. Really good. The first story I've read so far written post-DH. Great job!
PotterSnitch7 chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
we're all nerds at heart, mate. at least you had some background. this was really real, you know? i felt like I could have actually been there. that's a feat many authors have yet to accomplish. great job.
Pyromaniac-Girl chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
That's not Geeky!

It is good to research what you are writing!

I like this story it is sweet and happy!