Reviews for Parvati Among the Slytherins
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
Great story!
BeautifulMorningStar chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Wow, this is nothing short of brilliant! I absolutely loved it, from the idea, to the progression and Parvati's essay/diary. Great job :D
Miranda Took chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Interesting. I like Parvati's sarcasm, and although your story is AU, you still got the part of the Patil parents wanting to keep their daughters out of Hogwarts right.

Personally, I like Amitav Ghosh, but then most sorting quizzes do put me in Ravenclaw. I'll have to wait for Pottermore to open and see if it's confirmed. I'll add here however that I also like reading the romances and the thrillers and...

Just one thing:

"Why should I keep up with my lessons if I'm going to go to the Delhi Institute? The oldest students there are probably working on spells I learned in my second year." - Unfair assumption much (even if Parvati is just bitter there)? As an Indian, I certainly don't agree.:P
SMTRodent chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Gosh, beautiful. It started out on such a fluffy note and by the end of it I had a real lump in my throat. Great ending.
6aNgElIcA9 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Really well written - I feel that is exactly how Parvati would feel if she were to decide between Hogwarts and a safer wizarding school.

:D
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
wow, you're certainly a very skilled author i've never really read anything on Parvati before, seeing as although she's often around, she doesn't exactly feature heavily in the books, but i thoroughly enjoyed this. you captured the characters perfectly (especially Parvati) and i could easily believe everything that happened. a favourite if ever i've seen one
Katseng chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
This is absolutely lovely on so many levels. The character development and the relationship between Parvati and Padma is wonderfully depicted.

Thank you so much for sharing!

~Kat
azab chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
loved it
Molu4All chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
This was SO well written! I loved your interpretations! The best Patil fan fiction I've read yet
livesonwisteria chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Great. I like how you developed her character, the end was great as well
1a2b3c4d5e chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
i really liked this. I think it's brilliant how you've portrayed parvati, and i like how it started out and everything.

i'm really glad i read it, thanks :)
Terri Stephens chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Wonderful story. So Parvati thinks that Ron is "amazingly immature"? Ron is developmentally average, for a boy. Hermione, on the other hand, is developmentally immature: she has no social skills at all, but people tend to confuse precocity for maturity. She's just beginning to catch up with the other kids by the end of Book 7!

Harry seems unusually mature because of growing up surrounded by sick, dangerous people: that is, he's learned to pay attention and meet expectations as survival skills.

JKR has created a lot of characters that are no better than cardboard; Parvati and Lavender are fully defined by their boy-crazy, hair-clothes-makeup and Divination obsessions, just as Pansy and Draco are fully defined as spoiled, bigoted bullies. In book six it looked like JKR was going to turn Draco into an actual person, but I guess she changed her mind. My guess is we know nothing about Padma because she's not really a person; she's fully defined as Parvati's identical twin.

In this story you have made Parvati and Padma into real people. I find myself wanting to point out to Parvati that she has the same ability to be selfish and nasty that Pansy has, but Pansy's parents encourage her bad behavior and the Patils do exactly the opposite. Also, all survivors hate therapy, but it really helps. Unfortunately all therapists are not good at what they do: you have the right to ask for a better doctor.
adeckofcards chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
very nice. I have a soft spot for parvati and it's great that you took a not so known character and developed her so well. keep wrting.
Phoenix.G.Fawkes chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Just loved it. You've taken an under-used character and developed her wonderfully, giving her a depth rarely seen in fan fiction. Congratulations!
Ohyeah100 chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
That was great. I love this. i liked young Draco and Young pansy. it was all so great. Nice, Addsed to my list.

Ohyeah100