Reviews for Belong
Patricia chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Beautiful. I love you sam!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
It's kind of sad that Sam, who did the impossible while being drag about the country from school to school, had to take his victory trip to Stanford all alone.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Nicely done. Love the mix of sadness and determination.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I loved this! Very good insight into how Sam would be feeling as he heads away from his family for the first time - the unutterable loneliness, but also the determination and eventually anticipation. I must admit I would love to see you continue this story - see how Sam settles into Stanford, how he meets Jess, how he copes those first few years without his family...;-)
Thriving Willow chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Very insightful. I can imagine riding halfway across the country to a school where you have no one and nothing would be a little more than just terrifying. Especially in Sam's world.
LuckyMe1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
What a fantastically emotional and descriptive story. I really liked the scene where Dean reacted to the acceptance letters that Sam received in the mail.
amyblair chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Boy, you pulled this off really well. I was sucked in and you had so very little dialog. Nice job, loved the flashbacks Sam would have. Really liked this, you took us all on the painstaking journey. Great job.
sodakey chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
So, I'm moving right along.

Another good read. Emotions coming through very real.

Well done.
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
I liked it a lot. Sam's musings as well as the flashbacks were done well and I felt really bad for him. Damn that was a long ride till he got to Stanford!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Sorry its taken me an age to say just how much I enjoyed this very bittersweet one off. Sam final departure from his family to go to Stanford and the long bus ride that follows was beautifully explored here. The boy travelling unsurely into the world of normal when all he has ever known is the abnormal was heartbreaking stuff.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
I printed this out a while ago, but just had the chance to read it this morning. Wow, this really packs a punch. You did a remarkable job in protraying both determination and heartbreak, often in the same sentence. But it these lines are the ones that REALLY got to me:

“’Ma’am’ he says.” She chuckles approvingly. “Honey, somebody raised you right.”

Someone did raise him right, in those ways, at least.

Sam hasn’t forgotten. He never will.

It doesn’t make it hurt any less.

Beautiful job!
reading chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
"Sam Goes to Stanford" stories almost always make me weepy, and this was no exception. You really captured Sam's anger and grief and confusion. Loved the description of the trip to Vegas and Dean going back to the room with Sam. Great last line.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
friendly chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
great job.. that was good
november winds chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Beautiful. This oneshot is absolutely amazing