Reviews for New Questions, Old Answers
Darla Scudder chapter 1 . 1/19
liked it. love when L and E finally connect. BTW EPG. What's the P stand for?
calleighsthebest chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
amazing story! Loved it!
Allison'sGirlfriend chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Okay, this was just heartbreaking. Guh. And you totally had me believing that "whenever" was a typo, until it wasn't. You still amaze me with your dialogue - I can hear the characters so easily. Well done on the angst, baby!
J.Stone chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
I really didn't think I would like reading your "Nice Emily and Richard" fics, but I do. Thank you.

John Stone
RiskaSG chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
And another story right away. It's good to be gone for a while, if you get that amount of updates and new stories after your return ;)

"New Questions, Old Answers" - probably the only thing that doesn't thrill me 100% is the title, the rest is the total thrill. I like the peak on the breakfast table and Emily's schedule aka her daily life and even more how you describe the events - "Lorelai said as she took her usual place at the table", "She reached into the purse hooked on the back of her chair and pulled out a stack of pictures." "Lorelai looked down at her lap and shrugged." etc. - it paints lovely images and gives me the feeling to be in the room and watch them as well as the other details you put into the story, like Richard's Grapefruit in the morning or the emotions they have, wheter shown in their facial expressions and gesture or by words. I love this benign details, kudos.

Lots of kudos for the way you described the interaction between Lorelai and Emily as well(Same goes for Richard of course). I know "on character" has become a stressed phrase lately, yet it's all that's necessary to say. You hit them on the mark with actions and reactions, talking and thinking. There was bonding, yet not kitschy as it is in most fictions, but in a "realistic" way for the girls. The issue they bond over is very well choosen, I'd love to read more about it and hope I can talk you into another one-shot exploring it as you made me curious. Plus you have to explain what the "P" stands for ;)

Once more today: Thanks for writing. I'm looking forward to whatever you'll come up with next.

PABLA, PADMA, PAIGE, PAIVA, PAKI, PAKUNA, PALESA, PALILA, PALLAVI, PALMA, PALOMA, PAM, PAMELA, PAMELIA, PANCHALI, PANDORA, PANIZ, PANTHEA, PANYA, PANYIN, PAPINA, PAQUITA, PARISA, PARMIDA, PARVANI, PARVATI, PASCALE, PASSION, PATIA, PATIENCE, PATRICE, PATRICIA, PATSY, PAULA, PAULETTE, PAULINA, PAULINE, PEARLIE, PEARLY, PEBBLES, PEGEEN, PEGGY, PEIGI, PELAGIA, PENNY, PEONY, PEPPER, PERDITA, PERDY, PERI, PERLITA, PERPETUA, PERSEPHONE, PETA, PETRA, PETRONELLA, PETULA, PETUNIA, PHAEDRA, PHAILIN, PHALEN, PHENYO, PHERENIKE, PHIALA, PHILA, PHILANA, PHILANTHA, PHILIPPA, PHILOMENA, PHILYRA, PHOEBE, PHUONG, PHYLICIA, PHYLLIS, PIA, PICABO, PIERA, PIERINA, PIERRETTE, PIETA, PILAR, PIPPA, PIRI, PLEASANCE, POLLY, POLLYANNA, POMONA, PORTIA, PREMA, PRESENCIA, PRESTA, PRIMAVERA, PRINCESS, PRISCA, PRISCILLA, PRITI, PRIYA, PRIYANKA, PRUDENCE, PRUE, PRUNELLA, PSYCHE
gilmorefanforever chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
That was such a great Lorelai/Emily story. I loved the conversation about the Venus fly traps, dandelions, and poison ivy. Excellent job!
Curley-Q chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Excellent! Please consider continuing this! I feel so bad for Emily to have gone through so many misscarriages! I went through one and it was the most devistating thing thta has happened to me thus far! You did an excellent job with this fic and I would love to see you continue!
Miss GoodManners chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Hi! Finally I've read this one-shot! is acting very oddly lately!

When I started to read I thought that this was a sort of different take of S5 finale,but then rethinking of the 43 years of marriage I understood it wasn't. And Lorelai starting talking about wedding plans was the confirmation. However,I really like how Lorelai just drops by for breakfast and incolves her parents in the plans,specially I loved to see how they get along so well with each other,how they joked and found the other's comments funny,how they seem-and are-so happy about this new situation. It's a good change,a "good kind of different" to quote Emily. And then Lorelai felt sick and it was so onvious what was happening! It was really great to see how Emily is excited about it and that she knows...she simply knows watching her and that's something so good to read about:she knows her daughter well,really well,she's her mother and she can sense and feel some things even if she(Lorelai)doesn't say them out loud or doesn't know. And Lorelai's surprise was great too,but it was even greater her disbelief to Emily's words. Another hint their relationship has changed. And Richard was simply his typical self:getting busy to help and then not to know what to say and just disappear!

And then the second part. I really can picture Emily trying to avoid Lorelai's questions,trying to avoid this painful conversation,but mostly trying to avoid it in order not to think about those sad and difficult moments in her life. I've always thought she had a miscarriage,but her story here is really sad,so many losses,so much pain and realizing the pain she caused her mother must not have been so simple,so easy to take in for Lorelai. But then,I love the way how Emily tried to lighten the mood of their conversation,I loved Lorelai's doubts and how Emily gave her streghnt and courage and mostly I loved Lorelai's E.P.G.! That was really funny,her typical remark! But what the P. stands for?

And the end was good too,specially for Emily's thoughts and her optimism.

Really great one-shot and the title was great too! I think it mirrors our questions and doubts about this topic!

I hope to read something new from you soon! Bye!

Ellie
lilienprinzessin chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Great another story. Like how you reversed Emily's "Do I need an appointment to meet you" from the show. I also like very much your details. Like the maid coming back in again etc. Also like that Emily is included in the wedding preparations but not in charge.

And Lorelai being oblivious to her condition, lol. Richard not knowing what to say is sweet. Lorelai fearing her mom's reaction and Emily being excited - nice turn.

Emily's fate surely is a sad one. So many miscarriages. Though I also thought about something like that (see COAM, E'sS). I love that she's being concerned about Lorelai - not wanting to tell her horror stories now. I think this has potential for more. Lorelai realizing what she did in running away - taking away the only child that was left from her - plus another baby. I can imagine a nice talk about that.

Also loved how Emily spoke of Luke and the good difference this time. Would be nice to witness more of that. Thanks for writing.
Mary chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Your story had all the emotions fun, happy and very sad...to lose that many babies would explain at lot on how Emily treated Lorelai, she had to feel overprotective of her only child...very pleased to see the two of them getting along...hope you can write more stories...Please...
Sandra chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
It was so sad to read about the pain Emily had to endure with her miscarriages, but it was a great mother/daughter moment when Emily suspected Lorelai is pregnant and how she took care of her. Finally they can bond a bit more and this time E/R will be a part of the new life.

Loosing the baby and and then learning about Lorelai's pregnancy must have been especially painful for Emily.

But I had to laugh about Richard. He was worried about Lorelai, that was sweet, but you could see he was relived when Emily had everything under control and he could leave again.

Lovely story.
amelia chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Simply wonderful.
Leire chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
This is a really sweet story, continue writing!

Can't wait for an update.

Leire
Valerie chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Now I’m really sad we won’t get new episodes for Gilmore Girls, this was such wonderful to see Lorelai come over to her parents house to go through the wedding plans and they all were enjoying it. Emily care about her daughter in the bathroom, realizing she is pregnant, her reaction all this is something I would gladly have seen.

I love that Lorelai made it clear she won’t go when her mother won’t tell her about the reason why she said pregnancies, I always wondered why Emily and Richard had only one child and we also discussed it with the VT’s and so it is great to read your view of this in this fic. It had to be hard for Emily to lose so often a baby and the last one when Lorelai was 15 and now I think I can understand why she was so down after Lorelai and Rory left her. I’m really glad she and Lorelai have such a wonderful talk, I hope it will follow a lot more and this time Emily will be a grandmother from the beginning till the child is grown up.

This was really a great enjoyable story. Thanks, I’m really glad you posted it.

Hugs Valerie