Reviews for ChristmasInJuly: The only thing that matters
Jeanetteg chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I'm sorry TigrouAngel, I just found this story... :(

It's great. And it's perfect!

But Bling being gay? I don't think so, really...

But it's still a great dream story. Thank you... :)

Is there a sequel?
havocmangawip chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Oh wow! I had wondered where you were and then clicked and WOW! I am in LOVE with this. JUST perfect!

There was so much "Aww" factor with Logan and Sakura! Then Max? And being "not married" forever and ever? PERFECT! Love Love Love!

So well done. Just perfect in the D.A. 'verse. Especially the "wedding attire" and Logan's thoughts on it. I love Bling. I love how you characterize everyone. SO SPOT ON!
homicidalslayer chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Bling Gay?

Hm. I think I'll bite my tongue on this one.

-BMG
lisa316 chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Wow. I really think this one is your best story so far. You did a great job of getting all the requests in and still managed to make it into something new and creative.

I love the dream. It grabs your attention right away and makes you wonder what’s going

on. It was a funny way to set Logan up for his little freak out later on.

Favorite parts:

“He lets his head fall back on the pillow and puts a hand over his face to shield his eyes from the rising sun and Max’s enquiring look. Her smile broadens and she seizes the opportunity to trail small kisses along his jaw, neck and collar bone. Logan sighs, knowing too well they won’t have the time for anything more than these few kisses, and pulls her down to his chest. They lie still for a minute; he playing with her hair and enjoying her soft breathing, she listening to his heart beat and amazed by the thought that one year after the transfusion her blood still streams through his veins.” - sweet picture

“Logan is putting on a white shirt, when Bling enters his bedroom with the unfazed nonchalance of someone who knows he can’t be fired.” - nicely worded and funny (but then where did he go during season 2? Hm?)

“He has never felt that stupid-looking in his whole life, Logan contemplates as he pushes up the ramp to the city hall. This is worse than everything his family has ever forced on him, and the strict rules of “What to wear and do on which social occasion” may not have been branded into his brain deeply enough to make him shave for his cousin’s wedding, but they strongly object the burgundy red shirt, dark blue jeans and the leather jacket he is wearing at the moment. On the other hand, if college has taught him one thing, it is to accept fashion advice from a gay guy, and Bling seemed to be adamant in his conviction that “sporty casual” was the right thing to wear.” – I love everything you did with the clothes in this story. Such a great detail that often gets overlooked, along with the obvious sexual tendencies of a male nurse with huge muscles and an earring. )

“Daphne and Original Cindy are making out in the back row.” - I questioned you bringing Daphne into this, but this line was so funny, I forgive you.

And so many more parts that were funny and original and so cleverly phrased...I wish I had been around to give this story a proper beta, if only so I could get sneak peaks. But you did an amazing job!
tiny-pixie chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
AW that was adorable!
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Merry Christmas! (so nice that we're all receiving each other's gifts for this special occasion!)

Lots of nice moments in this! Funny, Logan's nightmare, but what a nice, sweet scene at his waking. The scene with him dressing and dreading the wedding was fun, but...! Bling, gay?.?.?.? I can't be the only one who noticed this! Possible, certainly, but oh, Maria in particular will dispute you on that one! ;}

Interesting to see that you took all of them forward in their lives, not only Sketchy getting married but Kendra with a baby and OC (still!) with Daphne. And I Love Max as Sketchy's best man!

"they wear their best clothes – which in this dirty dark times, where everything is grey and falling apart, are as colourful as can be - to show their sincere joy and happiness" Wow- I absolutely love this idea, yet another way the Pulse has affected the culture (or, counter-culture?) of the place- the idea that day to day life is gray and colorless, so *both* dressing up/ celebrating and showing respect and honoring someone is to be colorful- it's a wonderful, insightful addition to the whole world of DA the TV show barely had time to show us. Bravo!

And as a PS to that portion: like very much that Logan shifts from a stuffy, unapproving rich guy, thinking the 'youngsters' just don't know how to behave, to "getting it" and seeing they did get it, completely- to where he immediately sees Natalie as "the most radiant bride (he's) ever seen" - which he'd never have thought if he hadn't understood their way of celebrating. This was all just so good!

A couple lines that I love, they're so beautifully said:

"...somehow that line touches him deep inside and it hurts." and

"the surprise on her beautiful features stings in his heart like thousand little needles." (Both of these sound just like what Logan would have felt in that moment, said poetically as he might have, had ne put words to them.)

and cute way to say this: "if a fairy godmother offered him his legs, the end of crime on Earth and a pot of gold right now, he could not be happier" made even better by the next, "Max hasn’t been that scared ever in her life, but he’s here, and she knows that he will protect her. Nothing bad will happen as long as Logan is by her side."

Lovely and fun. Thanks!
Kyre chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Really really enjoyed that! I don't completely agree with the "she's not tame, marriage is a cage for her" concept, but it's not outlandish or anything, and it works well here. Love the happy ending, and the mental picture of Logan reading to the kids. Also, Logan suddenly putting himself in the other guests' shoes and realizing what they had to go through, and therefore why they did what they did, was well done.

Overall, a nice mix of humor, tension, and romance.
intstebri chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Hi! Yes, sure, I read it, how not?

You were about a thousand miles away of what we were expected, though, for the wedding. And I know that you know...

You made me freak a lot bringing Uncle Jonas and Lydecker at first, I was more relieved than Logan to understand that it was only a nightmare.

I loved the small comments all around the story:

Like Max explaining to Logan why it should be so early;

Like Kendra talking about Logan's air and made it the way as she are;

Like you talked about the nonchalance of Bling, for obvious reasons;

Like you explained the true meaning of the clothes people were wearing at the wedding (very good idea!);

And so many other examples to make my point all through the story.

I would have loved to read a bit more about the 'argument with the chair' but the astonishing way you chose to end it, with Max's statement, made me forget my own expectations.

You surprised me at the complete end, letting Max being the Max she really is! And Logan understanding her at this level, and accepted it without being to much hurt. A very good and plausible ending.

Thank you very much for your gift!

(Should we hold our breath for another part? It could be great to see what you will do with these new parents? Hein? Huh?)
Mari83 chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
This is such nice fluffiness and set at a really interesting (not to mention fluffy:-) point when their togetherness seems to have a certain routine and normalcy but still holds some unsolved issues.

"He struggles hard to free himself from the giant spider web that ties him to the ceiling."

Of course I have to ask: Did the spider eat his shirt?

“I kinda like it” says Kendra huskily,. “You look like some sort of special agent. As long as you don’t change the hair. I’ve always liked it that - spiky”. It sounds exactly like the sexual allusion it probably is. Or most likely is, considering it came from Kendra.”

Made me smirk. Can’t blame Kendra for her taste;-)

"He tries hard not to think of Valerie. Everytime her red hair crawls back into his mind, he tries to get a better look at Max, standing next to the groom, all focused on her mission."

I really like how witnessing a marriage triggers old memories in Logan – as well as his thoughts on the people and setting from his outsider-perspective.

“It won’t take long and you two’ll have a little one on your own, so you’d better get used to it” says Kendra cheerily, and somehow that line touches him deep inside and it hurts. … It just doesn’t feel right to hold the baby, and after Kendra’s comment he knows why.

I love this whole part. It’s so like Logan not only to have these doubts and feelings of unworthiness / inequality but also to punish himself for it.

Such a sweet happy ending with Max’s pregnancy, but I think I liked the part before with Logan overcoming his issues so Max can have some time alone even more. And like Blue said, there’s a satisfying sense of completion with the beginning and end.
Moonlite Star chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
read it, loved it!

it had me smiling the whole way through! great job! :D loved the characters, loved the S1-ness, loved the funny nightmare.

it was simply fantastic!

keep writing!
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Great! I definitely like your fluffy "ChristmasInJuly" story. Love the dream sequence in the beginning (Jonas and Lydecker, LOL and Logan in a spiders web ... eew) and definitely love the comfortable atmosphere in the beginning (after that weird dream ;)).

Sketchy is getting married - who would've thought ;).

And I like that you draw a circle with creating a comfortable M/L moment in the end again.

-...“Yes”, Logan thinks, “marriage would be just another cage for her. Give her occasional bike rides and lonely nights on top of the Space Needle. Give her a warm place to come to, food and shelter, help her to raise the young. But don’t imprison her. She appears to be tame, she appears to be human. She’s not. But whatever she is and whatever you are, the only thing that matters is that you love her more than you love your life." ...

(ah, love that Logan really thinks of Max first and that he values her freedom and realizes a marriage isn't important and that the feelings they have toward one another are all that matters)

Excellent job, Tigrou! :)
Griever chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
:D

Said it once, and I'm saying it again. I LOVE this.

Texan is going to be one happy reader!

x0x0x