Reviews for The Other Doctor
Miles333 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
That is SO not the Doctor. Not the real one, anyway. He would NEVER do any of that stuff! ...Would he? O.O
riversrunthroughme chapter 11 . 5/8/2009
There aren't words for how goddamn epic you are. Seriously. You thought up a flippin' Anti-Doctor and wrote it amazingly. Seriously. My god that was absolutely incredible, man. I was just devouring this story chapter after chapter, and couldn't get enough. Wow, the Anti-Doctor was chillingly awesome and the technobabble was to die for. Nothing gets me going like great technobabble and banter to boot. Just lovely. Love your Martha. Love how you've got every character spot on. Love the good-fic Doctor Who from beginning to end. You win, mate. You win.

-rivers
Dawley chapter 11 . 9/28/2008
Well, I just read this story on a marathon read. With that said, I think I should give a review! :D

Now! I was really quite impressed by the story. And I mean that seriously. You were able to fit the story into Season 3's storyline seamlessly, so kudos to you. And you even made it have the same flow as a real Doctor episode, which ended up having me hooked for the entire ride. Especially with how the story progressed... it was great.

As for the Doctor and Martha, you captured their personalities perfectly. Especially love the attention to detail, with the Doctor's personality traits and speaking patterns coming across. Personal favourite moment was when he confronts the Anti-Doctor; pure Tenth gold right there.

And seeing as I was a fan of the older Dalek and Cybermen serials, I nearly shrieked out loud when those retro Cybermen showed up. Really, it was awesome stuff.

Well! Overall, I think you had a great grasp of the plot - no real leaps of logic, everything netted together and flowed well - and I could seriously imagine it as a full Doctor Who episode.

(applauds.)

Currently faving and alerting. :)

Dawley
Fic Druggy chapter 11 . 1/19/2008
yay for anti-eight! lawlz, great story, your really good at writing the 10th doctor.
Spoofmaster chapter 11 . 12/26/2007
Ohh, that was just superb. You did the Doctor's and Martha's voices very well, and I liked that there was some optimism in with all the end-of-the-universe panic and Time War angst. I just spent most of last night reading this, and then had to get on when I woke up and finish it.

There were a few small spelling errors (in one of the later chapters it said 'contended' instead of 'contented,' but that's the only one I can really remember), but I really like your writing style. As soon as I've posted this review, I'm adding this story to my C2, the Tin Dog.

I hope we're to take the ending to mean that the Anti-Doctor did somehow become positive, since at least he doesn't seem to be inadvertently causing chaos and destruction in what I assume is alternate!Cardiff just by being there. I guess I feel mildly concerned for him ending up in a human hospital and being spotted as an alien, but honestly, it's still a lot brighter ending than I'd assumed he would get, and that makes me really happy since too much of modern DW (fanfic AND canon) seems to end in angst.
bluedragon1836 chapter 11 . 10/19/2007
thank you for writing this wonderful story.
TheWatcherandReader chapter 11 . 10/8/2007
Kindly leave the Anti-Doctor where he is, never to return. Just so... urgh. Anywho, good going 'n' keep on updating.
Syreene chapter 11 . 10/8/2007
Excellent work with a very nice ending! I definitely could see this as an episode some day, as well as an interesting way for Martha to discover more about his regenerations. _
hhgbh chapter 11 . 10/8/2007
Sweet. A 'Torchwood' story sounds like fun.

If there's one thing that can be said about the 'Doctor Who' baddies, it's that they always come back. I guess it might be too much to hope that the Anti-Doc will just forget about killing sprees and lead a normal life?

Really enjoyed the story.
hhgbh chapter 10 . 10/8/2007
I imagine the Doc must've picked up quite a few souvenirs from his many travels. I wonder if he's still got that scarf he used to always wear in his fourth incarnation.

And it's nice to see him to show Martha that he does trust and care about her; whereas at the beginning she seemed to get the impression that she was a second-rate companion compared to Rose.
Magda1 chapter 11 . 10/7/2007
Nice story - interesting premise and some nice links up with older canon.

Have to admit the final part of the epilogue is totally obsucre to me...hope there is asequel to explain it?
Gamine Madcap chapter 10 . 10/7/2007
Well, since I already reviewed the epilogue (and somehow missed this chapter the first go around) I'll just add that I loved this. I went back to reread the whole story from the beginning...which is how I figured out that I'd accidently skipped this chapter. But great work, nonetheless.
Gamine Madcap chapter 11 . 10/7/2007
Ah! Sequel! Yay! Can't wait, so keep up the great work!
bluedragon1836 chapter 9 . 10/6/2007
sweet! I love David Tennant! And I love this story!
TheWatcherandReader chapter 9 . 10/3/2007
Not much to say, really. Good stuff, though. Keep on updating.
90 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »