Reviews for Eureka's Rules
Guest chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Love it!
Ziva- Zia- Z chapter 7 . 5/10/2013
"Choose leisure time activities with caution. Geeks, beer, and John Wayne marathons do not mix."
- Okay, I want to know what happened that warranted that rule.
Nellies chapter 13 . 7/14/2012
This is such a great idea! Keep it up!
ironhair chapter 5 . 12/29/2011
haven't gotten around to watching Eureka, but your story made it a little more enticing.
Weather Marmalade chapter 13 . 2/26/2011
These have been very amusing. Well, rule 40 has a bit more poignancy. I am however very surprised that, unless he is one of the unfamiliar hands, that Zane hasn't contributed to the list. Of course, given how much of a techie he is, is a handwritten list something he would participate in/read?

Hmm favorites, I like too many to list favorites. I do think Tess's-62 and Eva Thorne's are a little similar, but they come from different places. I do like that those you wouldn't expect to read, much less write, do so (Mansfield, Andy, etc.)

Two improvements I'd suggest: 1) Go back and add a line break or other separator between your Author Note and the first rule of the story. I kept having to go back and read it, because I tend to skip over the notes. (And since the site does collate the stories, if you acknowledge the Disclaimer in the first chapter that is pretty sufficient.)

2) I find it a little odd at the beginning that Carter would put up a list of just one rule. I realize that trying to change that at this point might be a little hard to do, and time consuming in renumbering everything, but it might not hurt the final product. Perhaps some non-disaster related rules? After all most episode appear to take place in under 48 hours, given the number of episodes, you are looking at less than 50 days out of a year. The other 300? Speeding tickets, giving lost drivers bad directions, calls to find missing (aka overworking-overtime) spouses (hmm, a little tricky that with how many people dissolve, get vaporized, mutate, etc. So what are the rules for missing persons?),unsupervised children (graffiti/science projects/vandalism/? what ever smart kids in small town do to cause trouble.)

Still the whole point was that leaving just a single rule up is just weird, even if you did have Jo write number 2 right away.

Anyways, I did enjoy this, and hope that you pick it back up again when the series recommences.

Cheerio,

WeatherMarmalade

PS. Feel free to you any of those suggestions. I may (unlikely) write something using them at some point, but it would be in full prose, and likely in completely different context. But hey, if you use them first, all credit to you for first usage!
Kinboshi Hiko chapter 13 . 11/22/2010
This makes my life. End of story.
Strata's Stargazer chapter 13 . 8/29/2010
Hey, this is cool! I'm new into the Eureka fandom when it comes to fanfiction, and I love these types of stories, so I was happy to see this one up.

I noticed there haven't been that many Zane references. Any chance he may start spouting words to common sense?

Please update soon!
Callista252 chapter 13 . 8/29/2010
I love it! keep expanding the list, please!

cally
eternaltrekie chapter 13 . 8/28/2010
This is an awesome story!
me chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
Please make a full lenght story out of Rule 33.
Elegos-Sirinial-Shamtul chapter 13 . 8/15/2010
Fantastic ideas, but I'd like to see a few more rules per chapter. But hey, it's your story.

Loving it.
Flyingboxcar chapter 13 . 8/14/2010
Witty, and fun, I hope that there is more coming.
stark40763 chapter 13 . 8/13/2010
Rules to live by...
Sarah chapter 13 . 8/10/2010
I've been loving this story and the rules themselves for a while now. Keep it going please. (just a note, I think someone should reference rule 5 again due to well everything that has happened)
mellimon chapter 13 . 8/8/2010
This is so brilliant!

This is like the morals of Eureka episodes put together in one place. Great idea, can't wait for more.