Reviews for Phoenix
Medea Callous chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
I love your one-shots and drabbles. You're a really great writer, your Goren and Eames have moving and believable voices.
SarahKathryn chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
i like it, the ending was a twist i didn't see coming altho i should've since you said you're a b/a shipper :)
KitsuneLauz chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Beautiful (
Scripted Starlet chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
I was going for a second round of Liberal Studies and then I saw this at the top of your story list. And now I'm unabashedly pissed at this stupid site and its failure to tell me when my favorite authors have updated. WTH? This was amazing. You are a genius with few words. You are the very definition of all that is good and concise. You should teach writing 101, damn it. I can't believe I've been deprived of this gem for what-like a week? No doubt I'll be getting the alert next Sunday.

Hissy fit aside, thank you for breaking my heart and then gluing it back again in one fell swoop. That line-the signature one-is the perfect synopsis. (And beautifully penned, so evocative, I spent a full half-minute pondering it before I even clicked 'open'). I didn't feel this was an altogether happy fic even after the end, because there's still the sadness of having lost her first husband and love. So I'm feelin' bittersweet. But more on the sweet side, of course.
gorengal chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Very touching and bittersweet. Terrific imagery, too...the grown man who could always sulk like a little boy in need of reassurance, his compliments making her feel 15 again.
Kismet23 chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I really enjoyed this, though I had no idea where it was going, and was all prepared to be sad. Sneaky devil, you are. I love both the result and the journey. Excellent as always.
Caia chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I was worried that Joe was Bobby and she was getting married to someone else...

I really liked it...
TriStateCopFan chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Beautiful job. It was the outcome I was hoping for while reading, but not the one I expected. The writing was ambiguous enough to allow us to believe it was Bobby she was saying goodbye to and marrying another. Great piece.
raz0r.girl chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I like this a lot. It's a nice variation on the wedding day angst one shots. I like how you took what's become a fic convention and turned it into a hopeful surprise. And as always, I enjoy the way what you write has so much going on between the lines. You're one of the best at making what you don't say count as much as what you do say.
The Confused One chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Aww. Absolutely beautiful. This was perfect, and I'm sure that when Bobby and Alex get married some day, and yes, I'm convinced they will despite what the fact that the show is a L&O. LOL We might not see it, but I want it, so I choose to believe it'll happen. LOL Anyway, I think you're right. A part of her will feel like this. Will need Joe's reassurance that it's OK to move on. I like the similarities between Bobby and Joe that you drew. Wonderful work. I love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
"The groom's getting antsy." I love it. That was a nice talk she had with Joe, a sweet way to settle her nerves, seeking reassurance from the love of her past. I do love your drabbles and one shots. They are inspired, and I look forward to more. Lex Talionis will come when it's ready; my stubborn ones eventually do :-)
Rennie chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
very sweet
obsessedwithstabler chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Wow... that was very beautiful. I just lost my grandmother, who was a mother to me, a couple of days ago, and this brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.
kateBA chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
This story was frankly like Chinese water torture. I took a guess on who the groom was and I changed my mind twice as the story went. For a story that's this short that might be a record. The thing that tripped me up was this sentence, "Alex knew that clinging to the hope of him would surely mire her in a life of solitude and unfulfilled dreams." Ok, exactly what hope is Alex clinging to here? Does she think that if she hopes enough Joe might rise from the dead? That sentence could only refer to a living person. Therefore it was tripping me up. But other than that the story was really good but it was hard to enjoy the happiness of a wedding with all the angst going on.
LeaveIt chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
That was beautiful - I was a little worried, obviously - but really good - loved it.