Reviews for Creating Salvation (They Say)
Ice Princess Stephanie chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
I would like to point out yes I do believe in god but I find religion crazy. You do not have to be part of a religion to believe. And I would never shove my beliefs down anybody's throat it is your right to believe or not believe in what you want.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
This is an excellent poem. As I read it, it sounds almost like the speaker is rambling. Religion is a huge subject, and it's usually either one kept carefully tucked away so as to not offend anyone or brought out into the open loudly and zealously. When I began questioning my own faith, I finally began to see how some Christians really push their beliefs, sometimes even shoving them down throats. What some at my church said was wrong, I saw as perfectly alright, but I stayed silent. The rambling of this poem reminds me of my own thought process as I began to *really* think about what I believed about the universe, the Divine, and how I fit into everything. Again, I love your poem. Christianity is supposed to be about love, but some have seem to forgotten about the "Love thy neighbour" and have changed it to "Love thy neighbour if they agree with your views."
Goten54 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Rather youd be the devil than the biblical god, good grief that ones a nutter. :D

anyway, great poem.
the random reader chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I love a great piece of writing they say and that but they never give real evidience or proof and the reasons they belief there own ideas are half-a**ed Your a really good writer
JJ chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
You know... it takes more faith to believe that there isn't a God than it does to believe that there is one. If Christians had the faith of Atheists... we could move mountains.
alan is stupid chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Religion has always been a terribly confusing subject for me... I believe I'm aethiest, but there are moments when I think that certainly, there must be something greater out there? Not a god, per say, just something simmilar to fate, maybe? Something guides us, surely? And then I flick through the channels the tv, take in all of the deaths, murder, and suffering committed because of something as trivial sexuality, gender, or race, and the little bubble of hope inside of me bursts. Sometimes I find myself disgusted that so many people have died in the name of religion, something, I think, that is invented because people are frightened at the idea of death. Humanity has gotten lonely, so we try and search for something greater, and try to convince ourselves that it's real once we think of something. Well, I'd better stop my philisophical rambling. It's getting late. Thanks for sharing this poem. I like it.

-Audrey
dresdendollontheprowl chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
I clap for you! Yay! Just because we believe in something different don't mean we are the devil.
Call Me Miss Sweet chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I am so printing this out and putting it in my folder, and faving it, and anything else I can do to appreciate this. I know exactly what you mean, like, at school, some girl asked what do you call a person who doesn't believe in god, and the teacher said an atheist, but some christian bitch said a devil worshipper, and I was all like, I don't worship the devil, and now she and her friends won't fucking leave me alone with that "God created YOU!" bullshit, and she's so retarded, she thinks when she calls me atheist like when you call someone stupid, that I'm insulted. I'm just amused at how much it irritates her.
Bleeding Heartgrenade chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
A very well thought-out poem. I think that not all christaians think like this, and christians aren't supposed to judge people, but they do often end up judging others, whether intentionally, or by accident. All-in-all a very good poem, excellent work. Keep it up!
CaptainBlackRum chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
As an atheist, I'm very glad to see this poem. :)

To the Christians who think I need "salvation":

(Read it, it's interesting even if you don't agree with it.)

Also:

There is no way to disprove any god or goddess's existance. There is also no way to disprove that there is an invisible tap-dancing llama in my pocket. I don't believe in a god because I don't believe in leprechauns or the tooth fairy.

(A random note: I also find it highly amusing that the category of "Bible" is listed among hundreds of fictional works.)
KateLynn chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Why are people like you so obsessed with Christianity, if you really think there is nothing to it?

It makes no sense.

Besides, it's not a Christian world we live in. It's a pagan world. Look around.

It's the Christians who truly have to struggle day by day.
Xtians Suck chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Christians are extremely threatened by Atheism, because they know, deep inside, that there is no God.
random person chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Nah, you're just the Anti-Christ. Kidding, kidding...I'm the Anti-Christ. Or maybe not. Good thought, though. Your poem, that is, not me being the Anti-Christ.
rstarbreeze chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
Very good. I like how you put that together, raises interesting thoughts.
Lily Mist chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
I love this poem. r&r my poems please