Reviews for Memories of War
arwen78 chapter 3 . 8/24/2007
Update soon! I'm enjoying the way this story is unfolding! Good work!
Mother of Tears chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
Great chapter! I wonder what potions Snape is researching... I like your idea of the phoenix transfering aliegence to Snape.
amsev chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
Re Chapter 3: Very nicely done. I didn't realize I was holding my breath through most of Hermione and Severus' conversation until he thanked her at the end. I am looking forward to reading more!
Kimjo2 chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
Looks like this just might take some time. Love the modifications you made to DH. thanks and i look forward to further chapters. i especially love the idea of calling him "Master Snape" I hear Igor's voice saying "yes, Master."
CharmedForce chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
It is pleasant to read a story that shows that Snape and Hermione are not perfect. Snape is not automatically turned into a love-sick puppy and Hermione is not a Super Witch. Your story allows for Snape to be rude, and be upset, and not be a nice man while Hermione is still young. I'm sure age 20 sounds old enough to high schoolers, but it is still just so young to be suddenly mature and perfect, especially considering the trauma of war that this particular girl dealt with.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this story.
Martyjeannine chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
Another great chapter! You have a way wiyh words that paint a very good picture. I can almost see Snape in his new clothes. I can't wait for an update!

Martha
notwritten chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
enjoyable chapter

more please
toostupidforyou chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
I love this. Update soon.
Marble Meadow chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
Snape is being a little touchy in this chapter. I suppose I can understand why but it seemed a tiny bit overdone. I mean...wouldn't he be happy to see her? His tempter...infamous as always has reared its ugly head.

You are trying to stick with canon, yes? If so, brilliant. If not, you may want to ease up a tiny bit with him.

Hermione has indeed grown up a lot. She is quite mature, even though you've shown a bit of her immaturity as well...it is her nature. I like that she is teaching transfiguration although it will be great once she has begun working on potions as well.

It still bothers me that Harry and Ron are dead. It seems so strange...

Anyway, despite my minor criticism, you've done a great job and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Marble Meadow
sunsethill chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
It was good to see Fawkes again. I am too brain dead right now to comment on much more except that the interaction was believable and still leaves so much room for filling in details as we go along.
Koliber chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
Well, I see why this story is different from "Into the North". I was worried at the begining - you know, the end of the war, Severus being sent to some house deep in Kanada, Hermione meeting him - it reminded me ot the other story, but you made it different. I only wonder what will happen next, but I guess it's a rule while reading your stories :)

I like the way you play with "Deathly Hallows" (now, after few weeks, I'm satisfied with the book, but when it comes to fanfiction, I won't accept some facts because it's easier this way)- I have wondered what will you leave untouched and was a bit surprised when it turned out that both Harry and Ron are dead. Hermiones apprenticeship was also quite a surprise as well as her parents not being able to get their memories back - we now know from JK that it was one of the first things Hermione did after the war. But I guess that all those surprises were caused by the fact that I have thought (don't know why) that Hermione was a bit older. But she's only eighteen.

I'm only disappointed that we had to wait that long for this chapter. I have thought that it would be published earlier, but it's good that it's finally here :)
villafoo chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
Hey, very good chapter. Ican't wait to see what happens later on P please update soon!
whitehound chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
So, do we get to find out how he survived and what happened to the boys?

Calling him "Master Snape" seems a bit odd - it's a form of address which is normally reserved for small boys under the age of about ten.
Heidi191976 chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
This is excellent. I am looking forward to reading more. Please continue.
duj chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
Alone in a Fideliused house is freer than he's ever been. Really puts his life into perspective, doesn't it?

(BTW, have sent a DH/HBP fic to my previewers today so should be posting something - finally - soon.)
210 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »