Reviews for Vindication
Rosa Mundi chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
You write excellent short-shorts.
SleepySunrise chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Wow...just Wow! For a short fic, its very beautiful! x
secretaryofsillywalks chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
great little story :)
insert random comment here chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
wow, just amazing. I wish he didn't "keep serving the dak lord even after death".
CharliSMILE chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Again, Beautiful.

One of the best Regulus fics around!

I love that his best friend is the house elf who helps him die. It's so sad.

And you and your fics seem determind to ruin my eye-makeup. xD

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Bella
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Great job on showing Regulus's thoughts in the canon version of his death too. I really liked it.
delicateruins chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Wow... that was really wonderful and powerful. It really showed Kreacher's loyalty (albeit in an undertone), and how Regulus had changed and was incredibly determined but sad at the same time. I'm not making much sense in this review - but I really loved it to put it simply!
Duchess Winna chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Great snapshot of Regulus's character here - you portray him very well; your descriptions are lovely here, your wording amazing. This is really heartwrenching, but in a very very well-written way.

Beautifully done.
holbein chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Really enjoyed this, good job!

"It sickened him that even in death he would continue to serve Lord Voldemort."

That was my favourate part, thought you got across the character's mixed emotions really well
Padfootatheart chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
How terribly haunting and beautiful.

I am finding myself loving these Regulus fics increasingly more, with each one I read.

This one is no exception.

Your word choice is exquisite, and Regulus's thoughts were well voiced all throughout. Especially the pain that was brought forth at the thought of Sirius...that was truly stunning.

"Regulus ignored him; there was something coursing through his veins now that might have been bravery or might have been terror, might have been gold or might have been silver - he forced a grin, one rarely worn due to its unwanted resemblance to his brother’s, and raised the goblet in a toast. 'To vindication.'"

That was the loveliest part of this whole oneshot...that last paragraph.

'Mazing job,

Paddy
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
This is exquisite. *Smiles*

A beautiful, touching look at Regulus. I think the line about Kreacher helping him to his death really summed up the morbidness of it all, but then, your last line of dailogue summed up the good in Regulus.

Very touching, and for that, I am going to recommend this to the Reviews Lounge, which is a community for underreviewed authors.

Cuba
Phoenix.G.Fawkes chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
(It sickened him that even in death he would continue to serve Lord Voldemort.)

That line sums up Regulus' tragedy, that not even in death he can escape from his mistakes, that his final act of bravery will never been known for those who would have valued it, that his vindication will never be complete. I also liked one of the last lines: "that might have been bravery or might have been terror, might have been gold or might have been silver" as it shows the ambivalence of Regulus' character and of his death. His loneliness is heartbreaking (that a house-elf is the only one there for him in his hour of need speaks volumes) and his hesitation and last thoughts, very real.

This a touching, well-written piece. Congratulations!
misgiving chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
It was beautiful. Cheers.
justawritier chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
aw. so sad.
xlostangelx chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
This was really good. I love reading stories about the characters that never really get the spotlight