Reviews for In Love and War
Guest chapter 12 . 11/11/2015
I've been following this story for years! and I always check back now and then to see if any updates. Please continue with this story! its soooo good
JannahFlower chapter 12 . 8/12/2015
I simply LOVE this story so much! And I can't wait for the rewrite version to finish up... I hope you'll doing well.

Best of wishes from Malaysian reader.
Saemi chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
Many many many many moons ago, I read this fanfic of yours and found it simply amazing. I'd get so excited whenever you updated. I was sad that the updates gradually slowed down until it finally stopped. I understand that life happens and there's nothing we could do about it. I even moved on from the FFXII fandom. Now I'm in med school and suddenly FFXII nostalgia hit me hard. I wondered whatever happened to the story that I used to love. To my joy, I found that you're still around and still hasn't given up on this story. Guess I'll be rereading this (again) And just like old times, I will be waiting for the continuation of Basch and Lenne's story haha
Gemini-Fantasy chapter 12 . 6/6/2015
Great story. I really like it. Please continue.
Guest chapter 12 . 1/13/2015
really good story please continue
anndriiea chapter 12 . 11/30/2014
Hope another update comes soon! (:
MarKa chapter 12 . 9/20/2014
I was beyong excited to hear that you're still working on this story! It's great that you've still got your inspiration flowing and it's really admirable that you still haven't given up on this story after so many years! :) Good luck with finishing the rewriting process, I'm sure we're all anxious to get reading once more!
averyenture chapter 12 . 7/24/2014
Whoa, so not only is Gabranth definitely interested in Aralenne (which I had suspected, but wasn't sure of) but Vayne's digging her, too? And even Emperor Gramis was acting a bit you-look-like-my-hot-dead-wife creepy. Damn, everyone's coming out of the woodworks now, aren't they? (I'm still Team Basch, if it means anything, haha.) Poor Lenne's gonna have a lot to deal with..

But boy, I cannot wait until Lenne reunites with Basch. I can't even imagine how emotional it's going to be - I hope it's gonna be super happy and romantic and beautiful though. It's what those two deserve, after all they've been through. And also her reunion with Ashe, that's gonna be so precious and dramatic, oh my gosh. I just cannot wait for more of this story, basically. There's so much more that I could say about this story and the characters, but I don't want to ramble, so I'll save it for another time.

To be honest, I was simply beside myself in hysterics when I found out you are still working on the rewrite. I simply assumed because this story is five years old and you haven't updated since 2012 that the rewrite was never going to happen, then I checked your profile to see that you're still working on it! It's a bloody miracle! I just can't tell you how ecstatic I was to hear this. So finally, I can't wait for the rewrite to be posted, and I can't wait to see how much improvements you've made and how you're writing style has changed! You're story has been really good so far, so I can't even imagine how it's going to be five years later and completely redone. I bet it's going to be fantastic.

Thanks for putting so much time and dedication into this story, I'm sure all of your readers really appreciate it. I hope my reviews have given you at least a little bit of happiness and motivation to keep writing, I know how much they can help at times. So until the next update, I'll be eagerly waiting. Take your time!
averyenture chapter 9 . 7/23/2014
""I have important business to attend to." But he didn't tell her that that involved a bar and and glass of the strongest alcohol in Archadia."

...god damn it, Grabranth. You're not supposed to make me laugh. I still don't know how I feel about him, but it's good to see that he and Lenne were able to make amends, even if it was rather sudden. I really am curious though - exactly what type of relationship are they going to form? Is it going to be romantic, perchance? Frankly, I kind of hope not, because...I don't know, a love triangle with twins seems a bit soap opera-eque to me. Plus, poor Basche. Though, seeing how much your writing has surprised me thus far, perhaps you could pull it off. Either way, I'm eager to see the changes you've made in your rewrite.
MonicaClareS129 chapter 12 . 7/22/2014
Ok...this will take awhile. I'm going to give my review of the story as a whole (or rather what you've written so far). But that's not all! I'm going to tell how much of an impact this fanfic of yours has had in my life.

So first off (please don't nail me for this everybody) this was the first fanfic I had ever read. This fanfic literally introduced me to the universe of fanfiction. I want to thank you so much for that. Since I have discovered fanfiction, I have found a great escape from life and a great way to give people feed back on their writing. Not to mention all of the great fics I've read over the past couple of years. Do you want to know how I found your fic?...I found it by your YouTube trailer. I was looking at random crap, and suddenly came across your trailer. I saw it and was literally speechless. (By the way you have great taste, and I love The Phantom of the Opera! So when I heard the music at the end I just about flipped my lid!) After I recovered from my speech impediment, I immediately started looking up your fic. (Not to mention it was about 11:00 p.m. This is important later in my little tale.) I started reading it and didn't stop...I literally couldn't bring myself to stop reading it! It was such a beautiful and heartfelt story, and literally one of the only things I've read that has made me cry. When I finished reading it, it was about 4 in the morning. I sat there wiping away tears, and I said to myself "OH. MY. FREAKIN. GOD." I just wanted to read more, not to mention I was probably whacked up from staying up almost the whole night reading it, and then going back and re-reading my favorite parts. The next day I had a friend over, and she asked me why the heck I looked sooo tired. So naturally, even though she's not a gamer and knows nothing about Final Fantasy, let alone Final Fantasy XII, I told her about the fic, and read her the fist part of the prologue. After I finished reading it to her, she was like "why did you stop reading?!" And we spent the next five hours taking turns reading the story to each other. My friend fell in love with your story just as quickly as I had! Now let me tell you, this friend of mine is an exceptional writer, or at least I think so, (I have reviewed, edited, and have even co written with her.) and she has told me that this story of yours has given her much inspiration, especially when she has writters block. But, my friend is not the only person you have inspired to write.

Not too long ago , I decided to try and write a story of my own. (And when I say 'not long ago', I literally means, like over this past weekend) I had just recently read another fanfic that inspired me to write a story of my own originality that was based very loosely off of a certain concept for the fic I had just read. I was mapping out the plot line, when I got majorly stuck. So what did I do? I decided to read my favorite and first fanfic ever, hoping to be snapped out of my slump. It worked...again. That was not the first time your fic had snapped me out of a slump, especially ones related to school work when I'm under a bunch of stress. So, I want to thank you for that as well. You have helped me out of quite a few tight spots over the years.

Now, onto the review! Let me first comment on how well you write characters. You know how to make them seem real to your readers. I loved how you did Raslar, and his relationships with everyone, especially Aralenne. But the thing about your story, that made me love it so much, was how real and beautiful Araleene and Basch's relationship was to me. God, you don't even know how many times I wished this perfect fairytail of a story was my life! Even all the pain and heartbreak! Hell, the pain and heartbreak is part of what made it so real! It really showed how hard and cruel life can be, but it still gave hope. You've done a great job giving your own development to the characters, but still staying true to their original personalities. I can't wait to see how you work this all out, and be assured, people do still read this story. Hell, I've read it multiple times, and love it even more every time I read it!

Once again, thank you so much for writing this story. It has touched my life in so many ways. And please keep writing! I just can't wait to see how this story ends!
averyenture chapter 8 . 7/22/2014
You certainly have a taste in music. That second piano song went so perfectly well with Aralenne's flashbacks, I can't even tell you. And man, you even wrote her parents good; I kinda want to know more about them, like how they met, how they fell in love, what they're like, etc. I don't know, a Rozarrian nobleman and a Dalmascan girl just seem like they'd have a cute love story. It makes me sad that they both had to die so young.

And I am really, really beginning to like Drace. She doesn't take any of Gabranth's crap. You go, Drace. And speaking of which: shut the hell up, Gabranth. I am really getting sick of you and your sassy mouth - you just leave Lenne alone, you creep. (If you can't tell, I have some... mixed feelings about Gabranth.)

Overall, your writing is still very wonderful and interesting! You give a lot of personality to all of the characters like Larsa and Drace and make them very well-rounded and likeable. You're doing a great job.
averyenture chapter 6 . 7/22/2014
Let me just tell you, I don't cry very easily at things at all. At all. But man, this chapter really got to me. I don't know if it was the music you suggested or if it's because I'm reading this at four in the morning or what, but I pretty much lost it at the point Aralenne fell to the ground outside and sobbed, begging Basch not to leave her alone; I couldn't even see cause of the tears blurring my vision. Just wow. The emotions hit damn hard. (Am I the only one that cried? It seems like I'm the only one that cried.) You did an amazing job showing Lenne's hurt and devastation, I can really sympathize with her, the poor girl.

But, on the bright side, I'm relieved that Lenne believes in Basch's innocence - for a moment I thought she would buy into the setup and grow a horrible hatred for him like Ashe did. I'm just worried about what will happen to her now...what kind of effect is all of this going to have on her? I really hope she's gonna be okay..
averyenture chapter 2 . 7/21/2014
[Let this review account for both the first and second prologue. Sorry if it's a little lengthy. And it may be a little jumbled as I was writing my reactions as I read, haha.] Ah yes, another Basch x OC story! Just what I've been looking for! And what a great prologue! It was really well written and in-depth, and I assure you, the length is not a problem at all. I love lengthy chapters.

I really do like how you wrote Ashe; I mean, she was awesome and all in the game with her ultra serious and determined attitude, but it's nice to see another side of her when she was younger, happier..you know, when she actually acted her age. You did a really nice job portraying that.

And I love how you gave Rasler so much personality. Getting to know him a little and his relationships with Ashe and Aralenne made his death have much more of an emotional impact.

And I'll be honest - I was a little hesitant at how quickly Aralenne and Basch's relationship was started. In stories, I usually prefer the romance to be a slow, drawn out process where the couple develops feelings over time, so I didn't know how I was going to react to them getting together right off the bat. But man, you made them really charming; I found myself totally squeeing with their every interaction, they're just so cute - they really do go well together. And now I'm totally in love with them as a couple, and I wanted to cry at the ending. Nooo...poor Basch and Lenne...everything was so cute and happy, how did it come to this?

And, holy shit. I was never very fond of Vossler to begin with, but he just abandoned Lenne. Alone. In a fortress full of enemies that could kill her. What a complete asshole! When reading I was just like, "Fuck you, Vossler! How DARE you leave Lenne behind like that!" It's only the second chapter (well, prologue) and I'm already getting so attached to and worked up over the characters; you're doing such a great job building up a connection between them and the reader!

So, in conclusion, I was kinda iffy over the whole "arranged marriage" idea at first, but man, I am totally hooked now. I can't wait to read more! (I'm probably going to leave more reviews, too, haha. Hope you don't mind, I love giving feedback.)
mimichiro chapter 14 . 1/2/2013
Oh please continue this! :)
I am liking this story inch by inch. and what will happen next to Arlenne? Basch? Ashe? and the rest? :O

Can't wait for your next update! :D
HeavensScribe chapter 14 . 11/8/2012
NOVA! YOU'RE BACK! D When I saw the notification in my email saying this story had been updated, I just about giggled myself into a frenzy and reread the entire story again until about 4 in the morning! Honestly, it made my week. )

One thing that stuck out to me, though, was that it seems that Gabranth acknowledged his affection for Aralenne fairly suddenly. Maybe it is better transitioned in the rewrite, but for what you have up now, I was a bit surprised to see him go from "I like her but I'm trying not to" to "I'mma cut the bitch who stands between us" (colloquialized, of course ;)

Needless to say, though, I can't wait until the next part with all of the Gabranth-y goodness! I hope with every fiber of my being that you get a chance to upload it soon! Heaven knows I'll explode in anticipation, otherwise!