Reviews for Strength to Endure
DeansSammy chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
OH MY I SO LOVE THAT STORY .SAM FIGHTING FOR HIS HEART AND SOUL AND FOR HIS HEART WRENCHING STORY.
elderwitty chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
I read it. Then I went back and read it again. Now I'm gonna fave it so I can't repeat the sensation over and over. You've caught their personalities and relationship just right, especially in this exchange:

“Keep it, Sam.” You earned it, besides Dean was loathe to part with the ruby, it had after all for a while been a part of his brother. ”A girl needs her jewellery.”

“Are you ever going to stop calling me a girl?”

“I dunno. Are you ever going to stop acting like one?”

Sam sighed in affectionate exasperation and changed the subject. “So, what now?”

Dean, holding tight to every part of Sam. Sam, affectionately exasperated, the only possible operating system when traveling with one Dean Winchester. As much as I love him, I can see that 20-plus years of it would grate. But, leavened by his status as Captain Onehelluvabigbrother, so, yeah, affectionate exasperation - perfect.

For some reason, it thrills me to have Dean know (conjugate?) 'penitent' from 'penance' and I don't know why.

Concrit content - would Sam hit the floor or the ground? Aren't they outside in a fairy ring? Very minor, slightly confusing.

Also, the fairy tells Dean to "put you hand above the gemstone." Did the site steal your 'r'? It's thieved before.
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I really loved this.
CatBeist chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Hejah Lady!

This is a really great story and I love your view on it! You tell it in an awesome way and I am not sure you realize how good you really are at these things! This was superb! Loved the story, and you do the ending with the brotherly banter so good!

Beist :P
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Awesome fic!

Much enjoyed.
MadMidgetTwins chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Oh...My...GOD! that has to be one of the most depressing fictions we've ever read! but it was so AWESOME! really really great job on this one! LOVED IT!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Aw...I love it when Sam sacrifices for Dean, or at least when Dean finally sees Sam sacrifice for him. And the boys are very in character here-Dean trying to insist that he take the test, then Sam getting frustrated and taking it before Dean has a chance. And poor Sam-the nightmarish memories that boy has to wade through is just plain awful.

All in all, a lovely fic. I wish you could have submitted for the actual contest :)
Rachelly chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
This was a great piece! I just loved it! I loved Sam's strength of character, his willingness to take the test to spare Dean, how you revealed that the brother's need each other and keep each other grounded, the way you detailed all Sam has been through and the way it had affected Sam and revealed it to Dean whose response was admiration for his brother for not having given up long ago, the cool way the boys were trapped by the fairy, the friendly banter at the end...I could go on and on! Loved it! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing it!
carocali chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
YES! This is so perfect! What a brilliant way to bring about all that Sam is! And another stroke of genius to have Dean touch the gem as well to relive all the memories with him.

So much to love about this! Really just a wonderful piece!

:D

Caroline
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Dang, when ya lay it all out there like that, it IS a wonder Sam's not two fries short of a happy meal! I love the image of Dean cradling Sam the whole time Sam was in that "in between" world. I'm glad you decided to post this. :)

JJ
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Awesome story! Sorry you missed the deadline cause that was a perfect story about Sam's strength.
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Oh So squeeful Dream! :D

Thanks for that... and so glad you're back! Wonderful little oneshot! and you almost made me mist up you evil woman!

:D