Reviews for Eternity
Tharin chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Another epilogue of DH that's going to my fav list. A great story, and I really like how you portray the characters.
Little Demon Girl chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I absolutely loved it! Such an original idea!
IntelEwok chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Brilliant! Charming characterization- I love the painting society - and it was good to see Severus at peace.
whitehound chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I didn't like canon Lily either - she treated him very harshly, especially when he'd just had such a miserable, humiliating experience. Hermione would have made him sweat for a few days to teach him his manners and then forgiven him, and I think we are meant to understand that Lily's unforgiving callousness drove Severus to Voldemort and so cost her her life, just as Sirius's callousness drove Kreacher to Bellatrix.

We see Albus being at times unconscionably cruel to Severus, but Albus seems so emotionally inept that I realy do think he's mildly autistic and doesn't fully comprehend other people's feelings. Even so, his behaviour to Severus was at times very bad.

I could understand that he lashed out at Severus because it was easier than blaming himself: he didn't want to admit that the Potters might have lived if he hadn't hung on to the Cloak, and he saw himself in Severus - a young man who let bad company and love of his own cleverness lead him so far astray that it endangered a loved-one. So I could forgive him his cruelty and say "He was cruel to Severus because he saw himself in him, and he hates himself", were it not for one thing.

We get all that vicious speach about how disgusting Severus is because he only asked Tom to spare Lily - as if he had ever had a hope of getting Tom to spare the others. Albus accuses him of only wanting what *he* wants, of not caring about James and Harry at all. But then when Severus says all right, please save all of them, Albus replies, in effect, "What will you pay me?", thus holding their lives to ransom and proving that he is ten times colder and more mercenary than Severus could ever aspire to be.

Very good story, anyway - well done.
Chapter 33 chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Yes, finally some Absolution for Severus. I loved this, it was amazing. Cool water for a fevered mind left burning after Deathly Hallows.

Painting!Snape is written very well.
corneroffandom chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
*shrug* ...

First off, going to say I LOVE your fic.

Second off, I'm just gonna say, I get the anger being thrown at Albus and Lily both, and am not saying they don't deserve it, but I can't bring myself to hate Albus (This may change upon my eventual rereading of book 7...). He was pretty cold to Snape, at times, yes, but who can say if they were in his shoes they'd treat him any differently? If just one thing had happened differently, due to Snape telling Voldemort about the prophecy, the wizarding world would've had no chance.

As for Lily, if you're friends with a guy who's friends with people who act blood-hungry towards your people, and then he calls YOU a mudblood, you probably would re-prioritize too.

I'm not defending them, just trying to point out that they're human too, just as flawed as anyone else, and their reactions, I believe, are ultimately believable. Likeable, probably not, but ... I sort of empathize with them, I guess. It's that nasty Pisces business, I think. Friggin empathetic fishies.

That said, Snape's line about Umbridge and Lockhart recreating win. I almost choked with laughter.
duj chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
A wonderful trip down the years :)) Nice to see him get a happy ending.

I tend to agree about both Lily and Albus, but Lily at least had some excuse. His friends were already showing signs of being committed to her eventual destruction and ultimately he would have had to make a choice anyway simply because you can't keep a snake and a mouse in the same cage. Circumstances were against them; trying to keep up a cross-gender cross-house friendship that their same-gender same-house friends were bound to hate (since we see almost no cross-house friendships in canon) was always going to be subject to the attrition of time and distance, but his feelings had always been stronger than hers. As for Albus, he doesn't really show much capacity for love and friendship to my mind. Even his grief over his sister was more about his guilt than his affection.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I don't like Lily either; I think she's more like Petunia than either one would care for.

Excellent story, and one I'm glad to see!
sirladyknight chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Absolutely love this story! The way you depict Portrait Snape is hilarius, not to mention realistic which makes it all the better. Definitely one that going on the favorites. Though, I'd love to see a second chapter about what happens when Harry is headmaster.

Also, I think Lily didn't forgive him cause well, lets face it, at the the time she was a stupid kid. They were still teenagers. I think if there hadn't been a war right after they got out of school, she probably would have forgiven him. Just my take. :) Anyways, loved it! Great job!
selmak chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
this is wonderful. I love it, as you've got the snarcasm and the respect down cold!

excellent job!