Reviews for Breathing for the First Time
SourElf chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
This is a terrific story, showing the character's growth and depth as it builds. I like the perspective, and reminds me that someone can change your life without romance.
Queen of Narnia49 chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
People at Ouran actually think outside their own lives? *Le gasp*
I did enjoy this character and that Ouran people aren't naturally stupid and frivolous (well some of them are but..).
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This was really good.
Tanigi chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
This was very good. :) It gave a unique look at somebody who really might have been influenced by Haruhi, without even touching the edge of being a Mary Sue. Short and very sweet. :)

However, there are a couple of things that detract from the fic. First of all, the segments in parentheses are vital to the story and equally as important as the segments outside of parentheses, so it's both incorrect and unnecessary to parenthesize them. Second, your AN at the end kind of leaves the reader with a flat note; much of the information you give was already given to the reader in the story, and everything that wasn't should be incorporated into it anyway.

Overall, though, it was an interesting look at a character who could have been any of the girls that we see in canon. Thanks for a good fic!
The Truthful Liar chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I like it.
the interpretor chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
I found you... Bad Wolf
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I'm seeing the growth and 'blossoming' of a rich young lady into a good woman.

I like how in this we/I see a customer-not a host-change and grow and see the world outside her bubble by meeting Haruhi.

You deserve to have somany more reviews than what you do have but I hope you understand how much I apreciate this story. _
MindExplosions chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
that was beautiful i really enjoyed it
Bob Pharrot chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
i like her, and not giving her a name was a good choice, it kind of makes it easier to let readers feel more connected, feel more like they could be her and that they too could break out of whatever humdrum existance they have and be 'real' too

good job
blah chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
that was good! its been a while since ive seen a story with this kind of subtlety in the words. excellent work!
pixiegirl100 chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
This was a nice story! drabble. whatever. I never even thought about that! It certainly seems like Haruhi would do that, though. All in all a nice read!