Reviews for Signal to Noise
Taylor1991 chapter 9 . 7/19/2014
It begins indeed!

I don't blame Remus, he did what he had to do, but good luck getting Harry to see it that way anytime soon.

Hopefully he won't be to prideful to ask for some Ativan or something when it's removed, otherwise he'll be further embarrassed if he freaks out.

Smooth coverup Remus bout Ginny. At least now I know why he wasn't treated magically. How long will he stay at the hospital for treatment?
Taylor1991 chapter 8 . 7/19/2014
I knew he'd be ticked off about the neutrant solution.

Why did he have to go to a muggle hospital, was it because of the splenic injury, or the ed or both? Otherwise, Poppy could've handled it or St. Mungo's.

How badly is Ginny hurt? Is her injuries something that either muggle medicine or magic can cure? Because her injuries post fall seemed quite diar.

Yay, Harry can finally get the help he needs.
Taylor1991 chapter 7 . 7/19/2014
Heart-renching...

Is she paralyzed? His injuries are so horrifying, and the flashback was to be expected, good thing that Hermione came up to help calm him down. Yes, I agree, Remus is far more suitable of a person to help him deal with this particular trauma. Sirius was to ... carefree... for the job.

Did Severus realize that he was not just frightened about the accident and that it was something more?
Taylor1991 chapter 6 . 7/19/2014
'little H' cute :D

Is Ginny depressed, or has she suspected what's going on? Will their be any pairings? h/hr, or h/g? Both of these seem like a potential match for him.

Oh Harry, whatever are Remus, Hermione and Ron going to do with you? *throws hands up in resignation*
Taylor1991 chapter 5 . 7/19/2014
It's only natural for someone in his situation to cling to normalacy after spilling his guts to a mentor. It's not an easy thing to experience, let alone talk about with another...

btw It's not the bore's head but the hog's head, i.e. last chapter pub mentioned.

Well said Remus :)
Taylor1991 chapter 4 . 7/19/2014
Congrats Harry, you've begun the long journey back. Healing from what Harry's insenuiated happened too, Remus, wasn't easy for him, divulging what one might see as their own shame isn't easy. I was shocked that Harry confided in him but glad nevertheless. Is Remus obligated to report the abuse to the aurors or the headmaster?
Taylor1991 chapter 3 . 7/19/2014
Unique and good idea, sharing with us how his ed effects those who care for him and who might even perhaps have their own suspecions about his behavior.

*shudders* when Harry went to the loo and thought of his Uncle was disturbing...the implications. That horrible waste of space needs to pay!

The bit with Remus was nice. Could he smell the blood with his heightened senses? Either way, whether from his own personal experiences or by word of mouth or by him picking up on it from Harry's abysmal appearance, Harry now has someone to confide in if he's ever ready.

What is it with Ron almost discovering Harry's injuries time after time? Hermione knows, I just know she's figured it out.
Taylor1991 chapter 2 . 7/19/2014
Glad that Severus is still ic here. Many writers make him to warm and fuzzy upon discovering something like this, especially because of what such behaviors can be an indicator of. Someone who's really been through what Harry has don't trust easily, and you've accurately shown that here.

Love how you write Hermione!
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Most realistic portrayal I've seen on this site to date :)

And in first person too.

You seem to have some shall we say, insight, into Harry's situation, which of course is the reason for it being so well-written, nevertheless I love it. Harry narrowly avoided Ron seeing his arm in the loo. Not an easy feat when there's a Quidditch obcessed Ron tugging at you. lol

Pity that it's on hold.

Adding to faves list just in case you start writing again.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/7/2014
I love your story. However, I have made an executive decision to stop reading it. This has nothing to do with the story itself, but for the fact that it is a "mature subject matter" story, or in other words may contain "triggers". I myself struggle with suicidal thoughts, actions, and various other traditionally angsty mental things associated with stressed teenagers. Though sometimes reading stories like this is cathartic, yours is so raw and intense (in a good way) that it is making it difficult for me to continue. I reiterate: I LOVE your story. It's not you, it's me.
xharrypotter chapter 5 . 9/10/2013
aamazing PLEASE UPDATE SOON
harrypotterspiri chapter 22 . 8/22/2013
A moving beginning to a sad saga. I was hoping that we would be able to read the best part which would be Harry healing and returning to school. With your back ground into this condition I could see where that would take as much understanding and dissection to map it out in print so the reader would understand the healing process. Harry's description of how he feels was well thought out. You nailed Ron's personality perfectly. I liked this story, albeit sad but also hope for a follow up.
harrypotterspiri chapter 4 . 8/21/2013
This was a terrifically moving conversation with Remus.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Please, please, please write more. This is just too great to be left. Even if you intended to leave it. I want more. Please?
ebec11 chapter 10 . 12/14/2012
Reviewing chap. 10 because I'm rereading this for the zillionth time and really need to stop now as I need sleep XD
This is my favourite fanfiction. I don't say that lightly, you can tell that you lived through this hell and can write about it so eloquently. Usually I read self harm stories as almost a way to self harm without actually doing it. I tend to read these stories as a partial trigger and a partial way to avoid relapse. While my SI was never severe, possibly because I never needed the pain more then a slight sting and maybe a little blood could provide and I loved the order and control more, it is super obsessive and distrupts my life swiftly. So I force myself to stay away even when I really want to.
With your story though, it gets to the heart of the matter. Harry is so real, and the self harm, anxiety, depression and depersonalization all come back to me. It never glorifies it or dramatizes it, it is what it is. And the eating disorder hits home for me too, as my old close friend is ED free, from what I know anyway, we've distanced ourselves in recent years. I'm not sure why. Maybe I bring back bad memories or our lives are too different, or maybe we just bring the worse traits in each other. I know she's triggered my SI before, not on purpose, but she has old scars on her arms from years past. She has/had (is it has when they seem recovered) ED-NOS, both Bulimia and anorexia. I wasn't the best friend at that point, my own issues blinding me from hers. I only really knew when we ended up in the same unit in the hospital, me for my one suicide attempt, her for her ED. The shame I feel for not being there for her eats at me, but she never seemed to blame me. I was always the more open person, my emotions spilling over at random times, even when I felt numb too. I felt like my depression was more intense in those years, while now it's just a weight or a blanket or something. At least I'm not suicidal anymore, haven't been for sometime besides the odd thought or two.
I hope you're still doing good, and hopefully this didn't trigger you or anything. I haven't seen an update on the story in a while, and when I stop writing, I'm not doing well. It might not be the same for you, I haven't looked at your other fics for updates so maybe you're just stuck or something? But I just want you to be okay, which feels a bit odd to say when I don't "know" you. But when you pour yourself into your writing, it's kind of like I know you a bit, right?
I'm awfully lonely, and would love a penpal of sorts, though we're both Canadian. PM me for my e-mail, I know the reviews are public (though I swear I'm the only one who enjoys reading them). I would do this by PM myself, but I'm on my 3DS right now XD Not sure if it's possible on this thing!
I hope you respond, I would love to get to know you more. You seem like a great person that I could learn from. And hey, who says there's a limit on how many friends a person can have!
Sincerely,