Reviews for Signal to Noise
Taylor1991 chapter 13 . 7/19/2014
a nice strong sting to his senses will do the trick.

interesting potion...and clever hiding the glass tube in...guess he's based his treatment and hopeful road to recover is mind over matter. why did he punch him?
Taylor1991 chapter 12 . 7/19/2014
so he dissociated here, but it doesn't make sense bc their weren't any triggers...

liked the alternating povs.

ah, how sweet, both of them facing their fears to comfort a friend.

lamo, Hermione granger actually dared to be noisy and stare, what is the world coming to if she did something as uncouth as that? lol
Taylor1991 chapter 11 . 7/19/2014
lol so now I know what you teenagers consider as essentuals. lol to true.

liked the friendly bantering between those two. now I can infer possible pairings here.

so looks like despite remus's necessary 'betrayal' of harrys homelife, looks like he's kept his silence about the worst thing that he did to the boy.
Taylor1991 chapter 10 . 7/19/2014
I'm relieved to hear that magic can't speed things along, as many authors do that in an attempt to avoid writing the hard parts, and in order to detail a realistic recovery, you have to write it...just the way you are.

Does Hermione have personal experience with ed, or know of a friend who does, or was her suggestion merely derived from her knowledge of such things because of her muggle heritage? Will we get to find out what all of the other wards mean? Will we get to meet anyone else on the ward that Harry can relate too? At least this way, his going into the hospital for psychiacric issues can be explained away to the general public as him recovering from saving his teammate's life. That way, the prophet won't be writing stories about the tragic childhood of the boy-who-lived.

Really enjoyed the Remus centric chappie. Can empathize with him, abused kids are always amongst the least to realize their situation and find it hard to talk about it. At least Harry will be getting the help he needs now. Will Vernon be treated to the fate that often befalls pedifiles in the Muggle world in prison? I hope that he pays for his crimes.
Taylor1991 chapter 9 . 7/19/2014
It begins indeed!

I don't blame Remus, he did what he had to do, but good luck getting Harry to see it that way anytime soon.

Hopefully he won't be to prideful to ask for some Ativan or something when it's removed, otherwise he'll be further embarrassed if he freaks out.

Smooth coverup Remus bout Ginny. At least now I know why he wasn't treated magically. How long will he stay at the hospital for treatment?
Taylor1991 chapter 8 . 7/19/2014
I knew he'd be ticked off about the neutrant solution.

Why did he have to go to a muggle hospital, was it because of the splenic injury, or the ed or both? Otherwise, Poppy could've handled it or St. Mungo's.

How badly is Ginny hurt? Is her injuries something that either muggle medicine or magic can cure? Because her injuries post fall seemed quite diar.

Yay, Harry can finally get the help he needs.
Taylor1991 chapter 7 . 7/19/2014

Is she paralyzed? His injuries are so horrifying, and the flashback was to be expected, good thing that Hermione came up to help calm him down. Yes, I agree, Remus is far more suitable of a person to help him deal with this particular trauma. Sirius was to ... carefree... for the job.

Did Severus realize that he was not just frightened about the accident and that it was something more?
Taylor1991 chapter 6 . 7/19/2014
'little H' cute :D

Is Ginny depressed, or has she suspected what's going on? Will their be any pairings? h/hr, or h/g? Both of these seem like a potential match for him.

Oh Harry, whatever are Remus, Hermione and Ron going to do with you? *throws hands up in resignation*
Taylor1991 chapter 5 . 7/19/2014
It's only natural for someone in his situation to cling to normalacy after spilling his guts to a mentor. It's not an easy thing to experience, let alone talk about with another...

btw It's not the bore's head but the hog's head, i.e. last chapter pub mentioned.

Well said Remus :)
Taylor1991 chapter 4 . 7/19/2014
Congrats Harry, you've begun the long journey back. Healing from what Harry's insenuiated happened too, Remus, wasn't easy for him, divulging what one might see as their own shame isn't easy. I was shocked that Harry confided in him but glad nevertheless. Is Remus obligated to report the abuse to the aurors or the headmaster?
Taylor1991 chapter 3 . 7/19/2014
Unique and good idea, sharing with us how his ed effects those who care for him and who might even perhaps have their own suspecions about his behavior.

*shudders* when Harry went to the loo and thought of his Uncle was disturbing...the implications. That horrible waste of space needs to pay!

The bit with Remus was nice. Could he smell the blood with his heightened senses? Either way, whether from his own personal experiences or by word of mouth or by him picking up on it from Harry's abysmal appearance, Harry now has someone to confide in if he's ever ready.

What is it with Ron almost discovering Harry's injuries time after time? Hermione knows, I just know she's figured it out.
Taylor1991 chapter 2 . 7/19/2014
Glad that Severus is still ic here. Many writers make him to warm and fuzzy upon discovering something like this, especially because of what such behaviors can be an indicator of. Someone who's really been through what Harry has don't trust easily, and you've accurately shown that here.

Love how you write Hermione!
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Most realistic portrayal I've seen on this site to date :)

And in first person too.

You seem to have some shall we say, insight, into Harry's situation, which of course is the reason for it being so well-written, nevertheless I love it. Harry narrowly avoided Ron seeing his arm in the loo. Not an easy feat when there's a Quidditch obcessed Ron tugging at you. lol

Pity that it's on hold.

Adding to faves list just in case you start writing again.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/7/2014
I love your story. However, I have made an executive decision to stop reading it. This has nothing to do with the story itself, but for the fact that it is a "mature subject matter" story, or in other words may contain "triggers". I myself struggle with suicidal thoughts, actions, and various other traditionally angsty mental things associated with stressed teenagers. Though sometimes reading stories like this is cathartic, yours is so raw and intense (in a good way) that it is making it difficult for me to continue. I reiterate: I LOVE your story. It's not you, it's me.
xharrypotter chapter 5 . 9/10/2013