Reviews for Signal to Noise
harrypotterspiri chapter 22 . 8/22/2013
A moving beginning to a sad saga. I was hoping that we would be able to read the best part which would be Harry healing and returning to school. With your back ground into this condition I could see where that would take as much understanding and dissection to map it out in print so the reader would understand the healing process. Harry's description of how he feels was well thought out. You nailed Ron's personality perfectly. I liked this story, albeit sad but also hope for a follow up.
harrypotterspiri chapter 4 . 8/21/2013
This was a terrifically moving conversation with Remus.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Please, please, please write more. This is just too great to be left. Even if you intended to leave it. I want more. Please?
ebec11 chapter 10 . 12/14/2012
Reviewing chap. 10 because I'm rereading this for the zillionth time and really need to stop now as I need sleep XD
This is my favourite fanfiction. I don't say that lightly, you can tell that you lived through this hell and can write about it so eloquently. Usually I read self harm stories as almost a way to self harm without actually doing it. I tend to read these stories as a partial trigger and a partial way to avoid relapse. While my SI was never severe, possibly because I never needed the pain more then a slight sting and maybe a little blood could provide and I loved the order and control more, it is super obsessive and distrupts my life swiftly. So I force myself to stay away even when I really want to.
With your story though, it gets to the heart of the matter. Harry is so real, and the self harm, anxiety, depression and depersonalization all come back to me. It never glorifies it or dramatizes it, it is what it is. And the eating disorder hits home for me too, as my old close friend is ED free, from what I know anyway, we've distanced ourselves in recent years. I'm not sure why. Maybe I bring back bad memories or our lives are too different, or maybe we just bring the worse traits in each other. I know she's triggered my SI before, not on purpose, but she has old scars on her arms from years past. She has/had (is it has when they seem recovered) ED-NOS, both Bulimia and anorexia. I wasn't the best friend at that point, my own issues blinding me from hers. I only really knew when we ended up in the same unit in the hospital, me for my one suicide attempt, her for her ED. The shame I feel for not being there for her eats at me, but she never seemed to blame me. I was always the more open person, my emotions spilling over at random times, even when I felt numb too. I felt like my depression was more intense in those years, while now it's just a weight or a blanket or something. At least I'm not suicidal anymore, haven't been for sometime besides the odd thought or two.
I hope you're still doing good, and hopefully this didn't trigger you or anything. I haven't seen an update on the story in a while, and when I stop writing, I'm not doing well. It might not be the same for you, I haven't looked at your other fics for updates so maybe you're just stuck or something? But I just want you to be okay, which feels a bit odd to say when I don't "know" you. But when you pour yourself into your writing, it's kind of like I know you a bit, right?
I'm awfully lonely, and would love a penpal of sorts, though we're both Canadian. PM me for my e-mail, I know the reviews are public (though I swear I'm the only one who enjoys reading them). I would do this by PM myself, but I'm on my 3DS right now XD Not sure if it's possible on this thing!
I hope you respond, I would love to get to know you more. You seem like a great person that I could learn from. And hey, who says there's a limit on how many friends a person can have!
Sincerely,
Emma
Synchro lover chapter 22 . 9/15/2012
i have never cried reading fanfiction before...:'(
Child of Music and Imagination chapter 22 . 8/16/2012
Oh, my poor Harry...
Emily chapter 22 . 7/21/2012
So I just discovered your story and read the entire thing in a day. It's extremely depressing, but so very good. I'm so sad to see you've stopped updating. I hope you'll consider continuing the story as I have greatly enjoyed reading it.
Herald-MageAnduli chapter 21 . 6/29/2012
I had forgotten this story, I'm glad I found it again. This is really sad and at the same time really good and well written. Forgive me as it's been a while since I read this, but you seem to know quite a bit about the story you're writing. I'm not prying, but I will say it is a good thing to write about something. This has been a pleasure to read.
frodothejedi chapter 6 . 6/13/2012
OMG! There is a movie for Watership Down? I love that book, now i gotta go find the movie!
Property.of.a.DeadGirl4-25 chapter 22 . 5/17/2012
I can't tell if this story is finished or abandoned but I love it. As an in recovery self-harmer, I feel like you captured the urge to cut and the thought processes really well.

Kudos

MeanMisterMustard chapter 4 . 4/29/2012
Great story - sad, wonderfully writted and frankly just epic.
sammyfish chapter 22 . 1/19/2012
Wow. Just wow. This story is completely and utterly incredible. I have simply devoured it! Such strong sense of emotion, and believable thought processes (not, as I understand it, from sheer guesswork either.) I love the way you've provided so many different perspectives, and really worked with the different relationships being formed. I also really appreciate that there is no "quick-fix" or convinient "magical shortcut" for Harry, and the sincerity the fic holds due to this. Is this finished? I hope not, as I'd love to see more - but I do recognise this chapter is called "An End" (although you haven't marked the story complete...) But thankyou, for a riveting read :)
GoldenPhoenix 12 chapter 22 . 1/16/2012
This is really good. Keep up the god work.
living.this.lie chapter 22 . 12/26/2011
I stumbled on this story again when looking through my alert list, and I was reminded how much I love it! Please update soon. But then again, I wouldn't want to rush perfection.
101spacemonkey chapter 22 . 11/9/2011
I normally review every chapter, but I've been reading this between work so it's been a bit here and there via my phone or laptop so reviewing was a bit awkward. Sorry!

anyway, i love this and was wondering if there will be more or a sequel?

also, i love your writing style, it's not something you see very often and its good and it works :D
447 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »