Reviews for House of Burden
Mel chapter 20 . 1/4/2008
I just finished reading this fic. (btw it's almost 2:30am!) and I must say it's really awsome. I am wrecked to the bone now (it was worth it!) but I couldn't go without sending you a review to say that you did a really awsome job on this fic! So great work and :)

-Mel
Lisette chapter 20 . 1/3/2008
Well done and congratulations on finishing this project! It was a wonderful look at an AU Supernatural - you gave us a whole new set of Sam and Dean that still, despite the changes, managed to retain the core parts of Sam and Dean. Almost overnight that wonderful brotherly bond was developed and strengthened.

My only complaint would be against the vagueness in Mary's mysterious phone conversation in the epilogue. It was TOO vague as I'm still left with many questions. Did she know about everything all along? Is she an accomplice with the darkness? Do we have our very own Judas in the Winchester camp? Who knows - maybe you left the conversation purposely vague to save yourself from committing to one side or the other until Kripke speaks. I, for one, continue to hold out hope that Mary was an innocent victim in the tragedy that befell her family. Oh, she obviously recognized the YED in the flashback, but I'm holding out hope that there's a very good, very innocent explanation for that - you know, that whole penchant the Winchester family has for making deals with the devil.

All in all, a very well done story. It was a delight to read, and here's to hoping that you pick up another lengthy project sometime in the near future.

WELL DONE!
Sensue chapter 20 . 1/3/2008
Wow. That was an amazing story. It was so detailed and just plain interesting. I read the entire thing in one go...truly I can't believe that I hadn't seen it before.

I loved that you added other hunters, such as Bobby and Pastor Jim.

I've decided to make this story Supernatural Fanfiction Award's Featured Story of the month. (I'll make you a banner and post it on the site; hopefully tomorrow!)
Hailsy chapter 20 . 1/3/2008
OMG! THAT WAS AWESOME! I was so scared Sam would never escape from the psych ward and that Dean and his family would never believe him but in the end they did!

Thanks for the fantastic story!

Hayles
Savage Shade chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
That was great, I love that fact that you threw Mary knowing something in there. Highly enjoyable.
DreamShadows chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
Wow! I am totally in love with this story! I think before I leave, I'm going to read through this again... Or at least the brotherly and Limp moments, those were really fun!

...'being so darn cute.' - Aww! You think I'm cute? I bow to the queen and leader of the cats, but yay! I get to be cute!

Anyway, again I am so happy you chose my prompt in *cough**cough* June! You did a wonderful job portraying exactly what I felt and wanted for this fic!

Hugs you!

Take care and write often, see you on the board;

DS aka OSS
Annna92 chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
Great end!

This is one of the best AU stories I've ever read!

And I really hope you are planning on doing a sequel.
Moonfairyhime chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
Absolutely adored this story! I hope to see more from this 'verse!
Poaetpainter chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
I loved this fic, congrats on completing it!

Maybe a sequel?
Left Hook chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
yay happy new year NO WHYY are you ending there? That's not fair! Are you writing a sequel? I want to know about Mary and the demon!

Thanks for writing, I enjoyed it!
psiChic chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
*cheers*

That was, by far, the best AU story I've read here! I absolutely LOVE it. Seriously, very VERY well done, awesome cliff-hanger ending, emotional stuff dead on, brothers and secret-keeping mothers, and wonderfulness, LOL.

Two questions- One, is there a sequel? And two, if Mary knew about Azazel, why didn't she believe little Sam? *really really hopes for sequel*

Can't wait to read more from you. Awesome! :D
umino-gaara chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
This was very good. I really like AUs that show how different characters turn out, but at the same time how similar they still are. I can't wait till the next story comes out :)
carocali chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
"A minute later, Kevin walked by with his usual, indifferent gait; stopping at the bench along the wall. Dean watched him turn a bored eye toward his baby and then to Dean.

“What happened to your car,” he asked dully.

“Gargoyle,” Dean responded with equal lack-luster.

“Huh.” With that, Kevin turned back to the tools.

Dean watched him disappear behind the office door before he smiled and snorted at his odd co-worker. Maybe one day he’d spill the whole story… or maybe not."

That was freaking hilarious! Way to bring Dean's humor back around!

What a very cool story. You've left enough open for a sequel, methinks! I want to see Dean and Sam learning to hunt together, and maybe John and Mary as well. Mary certainly has some things to atone for...

Congrats on a great story!

:D

Caroline
ames 449 chapter 20 . 1/1/2008
well finally finished this! It was fantastic. Really really good. I love your writing style. Its really clear and insightful. I love the storyline as well. The idea that Sam was alone in this and then Dean finally came around when he needed him the most. Not to mention the fact this story was packed full of angst! Gotta love that. I really hope you're planning a sequel. The conversation Mary had at the end sounded like one could be on the cards? I can't believe I never picked this story back up once I got back on the internet! Love it!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
AWESOME. CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!
470 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »