Reviews for House of Burden
greenwise chapter 20 . 9/17/2013
I liked this story.
jankjay chapter 20 . 7/10/2013
I really liked this work. It was intriguing, certainly interesting as we waited for the other shoe to drop, and then when it came it came with a cool bang. Really nice job. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Tip for the future: keep an eye on your homonyms.
MyFalseTruth chapter 20 . 6/17/2013
Oh my goodness, this masterpiece is absolutely incredible. I found it, read it all, and let me tell you it is so worth sitting here so late because I just could not stop.
So as an AU it is freaking amazing. Everybody seems like they stuck so close to their characteristics (which for an AU like this is very impressive). Just amazing. The idea behind it is simply fascinating. Sam got sucked into hunting alone which made it really interesting. It opened up so many amazing doors. I never quite figured out if Mary was a hunter previously in this universe. It seemed like she knew the yellow-eyed demon but didn't quite believe in other evil...?
I love to story line. It seemed so much like the recipe for an actual supernatural episode. It had the plot with it's (at times) near tear-jerking emotional-ness and whatnot, while incorporating an actiony monster hunt or two. Complete with patented Sam researching and everything! Brilliant! Because there was a perfect blend of Sam's family problem and the hunt without one taking away from the other, I never once even thought about skipping a part to get to a different part (a common flaw of mine). But with this I was completely interested in the hunt and the drama.
I liked how important canon characters were still incorporated. I liked it a lot. I have to say, I wasn't sure how Bobby would be fit in but I liked the way he was incorporated (personally I can't really see him supporting such a young hunter, but I guess with the context it would work and he would end up being a slightly reluctant ally in the beginning before he stops babying-I use that term lightly- Sammy and treats him like a hunter, which is a guessable back story that will be my own little head cannon). Jim and Missouri were surprises I didn't expect but was definitely pleasantly surprised to see. I freaking loved Missouri in this. Speaking of characters, I really enjoyed that crazy girl (I don't really feel like going back to check her name '''') she was adorable and it was interesting seeing how she helped out Sam. And when her little storyline was tied up at the end. I have to be honest I almost forgot about her, but it made me very happy to see her in the epilogue.
Hmm let's see what else... in the beginning when Sam was hiding out from Dean, I don't know, I just liked that part. Which brings me to Dean's POVs. I loved getting to see different thoughts from them. It made it really hard to pick sides which was nice. Although I was rooting for Sam the whole time! Part of me just hoped he could keep it his little secret, but Dean would never let that happen (I hope).
All in all, completely loved this story. I'm positive this will be something I'm going to end up rereading several times, which is something I don't do often. All I can really say is thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of literature. :)
Hagios chapter 20 . 3/21/2013
This was amazing! Going on my favorites!
Parnassus chapter 20 . 3/17/2013
Just typing a short note to let you know how much I enjoyed this! Took me a day or two but I finally finished it and I have to say you really are talented. I love alternate reality type pieces and this one is definitely in my top three! Bravo :)
Thank you chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for such a wonderfully written piece of work. It's much better and exciting than some of the actually published books on the shelfs out there lol Thanks again for the great read, and don't stop writing because you are very talented! :)
Itsumi Riddle chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I love it. This's a really wonderful story. I enjoy a lot with the relationship between the brother. And it was so realistic. I mean... how they grow away, their childlifes... everything.

Thanks for writting.
caffrey girl chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
The story is freakin awesome! Ok. I would've left a longer review but km gonna go right back to reading it...
wInChEsTeR bRoS iNc chapter 20 . 8/26/2012
i can't even begin with how much i love this story! I'VE NEVER LOVED A STORY THIS MUCH IN SUCH A LONG TIME
happeyNesS chapter 20 . 8/2/2012
Loved this story so much! Unique plot, great characterization!
Lutralutra chapter 20 . 7/5/2012
It’s been a while – much too long – since I last left a decent review on , but your fic made me break the fast. I was initially skeptical about the premise – the idea that Sam could be hunting without Dean even being aware of the supernatural, especially since in the show Dean is usually portrayed as the more enthusiastic hunter, just seemed crazy. But your writing was great from the start and I stuck with it, and I’m so glad I did! First of all, your characterization is spot-on, particularly Dean. I think you did a great job recalling the alternate Dean we hear of in What Is And What Should Never Be – disconnected from Sam, the wild son, someone who could do something to Sam like hook up with his date on prom night – while still giving us enough to recognize the Dean we know: a genuinely good guy, and a protective brother who cares a lot about his family. And his sense of humour was wonderful, too – it was awesome, and so Dean, when he started mouthing off to the gargoyle even when he’d pretty much just discovered that monsters were real. “Or better yet, do that thing where you fly into it all fierce and stuff only to get bitch-slapped on your ass again. 'Cuz that was hilarious." – I could totally picture Dean actually saying this on the show, and it made me laugh out loud. I also love how you could almost see your story as an alternate background for Sam and Dean prior to the Pilot – not in terms of major plot points, but just with the way you leave the brothers, with a natural progression from having been brothers yet strangers to close friends who trust each other absolutely and are in this life together, all the way. If that makes sense. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is one of the best Supernatural AUs I’ve read; true to character and to the brothers’ relationship – even when it’s not the relationship we know on the show – and well-written to boot. Thanks for this!
E339 chapter 20 . 5/13/2012
Great story!

The plot was new and very interesting and the whole thing feelt well writen. It was a lot of fun to read it.

Well done!
koalablanc chapter 20 . 4/9/2012
Wow, This was brilliant !Exactly what I wanted to read and fantastically written. Probably the best since I started reading Spn FF specifically AU related.

I know you've written this years ago but it took me years to find it. Did you write a sequel?

Anyway, thank you!
lillelouis chapter 20 . 12/26/2011
Oh my GOD, why is there no SEQUEL for this! I've now read it three times since I found it, yes you heard me - THREE! I'm starting to memorize stuff here, so PLEASE, for the love of all things limp! write us a sequel!

I would get on my knees and beg, but my floor is gucky! Thanks for writing this one, if another never appears. Wonderful read.

Cheers. Andi.
mememeems chapter 20 . 8/11/2011
Wow! Just wow! That was incredible! Wow, I mean seriously!

Sam being the only one that knows and having to hide it from his family.

I love how there were no easy outs. He was in the psych ward, twice. No getting out of this. But it did work out!

I loved this story, omg, it was so exciting and compelling and I really felt for Sam, being so young and having that responsibility on his shoulders with no one to turn to in his family.

This was wonderful! I could use all 10,000 characters to go on and on about this!

I bow at your feet! This was great!

Thank you so much!