Reviews for House of Burden
Thank you chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for such a wonderfully written piece of work. It's much better and exciting than some of the actually published books on the shelfs out there lol Thanks again for the great read, and don't stop writing because you are very talented! :)
Itsumi Riddle chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I love it. This's a really wonderful story. I enjoy a lot with the relationship between the brother. And it was so realistic. I mean... how they grow away, their childlifes... everything.

Thanks for writting.
caffrey girl chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
The story is freakin awesome! Ok. I would've left a longer review but km gonna go right back to reading it...
wInChEsTeR bRoS iNc chapter 20 . 8/26/2012
i can't even begin with how much i love this story! I'VE NEVER LOVED A STORY THIS MUCH IN SUCH A LONG TIME
happeyNesS chapter 20 . 8/2/2012
Loved this story so much! Unique plot, great characterization!
Lutralutra chapter 20 . 7/5/2012
It’s been a while – much too long – since I last left a decent review on , but your fic made me break the fast. I was initially skeptical about the premise – the idea that Sam could be hunting without Dean even being aware of the supernatural, especially since in the show Dean is usually portrayed as the more enthusiastic hunter, just seemed crazy. But your writing was great from the start and I stuck with it, and I’m so glad I did! First of all, your characterization is spot-on, particularly Dean. I think you did a great job recalling the alternate Dean we hear of in What Is And What Should Never Be – disconnected from Sam, the wild son, someone who could do something to Sam like hook up with his date on prom night – while still giving us enough to recognize the Dean we know: a genuinely good guy, and a protective brother who cares a lot about his family. And his sense of humour was wonderful, too – it was awesome, and so Dean, when he started mouthing off to the gargoyle even when he’d pretty much just discovered that monsters were real. “Or better yet, do that thing where you fly into it all fierce and stuff only to get bitch-slapped on your ass again. 'Cuz that was hilarious." – I could totally picture Dean actually saying this on the show, and it made me laugh out loud. I also love how you could almost see your story as an alternate background for Sam and Dean prior to the Pilot – not in terms of major plot points, but just with the way you leave the brothers, with a natural progression from having been brothers yet strangers to close friends who trust each other absolutely and are in this life together, all the way. If that makes sense. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is one of the best Supernatural AUs I’ve read; true to character and to the brothers’ relationship – even when it’s not the relationship we know on the show – and well-written to boot. Thanks for this!
E339 chapter 20 . 5/13/2012
Great story!

The plot was new and very interesting and the whole thing feelt well writen. It was a lot of fun to read it.

Well done!
koalablanc chapter 20 . 4/9/2012
Wow, This was brilliant !Exactly what I wanted to read and fantastically written. Probably the best since I started reading Spn FF specifically AU related.

I know you've written this years ago but it took me years to find it. Did you write a sequel?

Anyway, thank you!
lillelouis chapter 20 . 12/26/2011
Oh my GOD, why is there no SEQUEL for this! I've now read it three times since I found it, yes you heard me - THREE! I'm starting to memorize stuff here, so PLEASE, for the love of all things limp! write us a sequel!

I would get on my knees and beg, but my floor is gucky! Thanks for writing this one, if another never appears. Wonderful read.

Cheers. Andi.
mememeems chapter 20 . 8/11/2011
Wow! Just wow! That was incredible! Wow, I mean seriously!

Sam being the only one that knows and having to hide it from his family.

I love how there were no easy outs. He was in the psych ward, twice. No getting out of this. But it did work out!

I loved this story, omg, it was so exciting and compelling and I really felt for Sam, being so young and having that responsibility on his shoulders with no one to turn to in his family.

This was wonderful! I could use all 10,000 characters to go on and on about this!

I bow at your feet! This was great!

Thank you so much!
DontKnowMyName chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Congratulations! You have been recced at spn_littlebro on LiveJournal.

The rec can be found under the Wee!Sam Theme here:

Jen-2b chapter 20 . 4/28/2011
Hello Maygin,

thank you very much for writing such a interesting and good story.

This is actually the first time a read a spn-ff that was so far away from "reality" (living mom, not hunting dean...) and at the beginning I was a little sceptical but within the first chapters I grew really fascinated and couldn't stop reading.

So, keep up the good work.

Greetings from Germany

Jen
Skillet48 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
WOW! i love it so far:D Its really sad that Dean and Sam don't get along, cause im so use to them being so in nysc(is that how ya spell it?XD) absolutely love Sam, so happy hes the main focal point. Overall good job, grammer, and flow!
La Mariane chapter 20 . 2/16/2011
I've just finished this story and it was great. I think Sam and Dean were spot-on, and I really liked Jim Murphy :)
psylocke23 chapter 20 . 1/14/2011
I just read through this story and really enjoyed it! One of the best AU's I've read, I love being able to see the brotherly interaction in a world where 'Hunter Sam and Normal Dean' exist.

Are you every gonna do a sequel? I would really love to read one if you do! (do a sequel!)
464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »