Reviews for House of Burden
Lisette chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Thoughts so far? Well... word of advice - never, EVER apologize for having a fic turn out longer than you had anticipated, especially when the concept is so uniquely interesting, so well-written, and written by such a great writer! I've only just finished the first chapter, but already I think that this one is a gem - a great find for the SPN universe, and I can't wait to continue to see where you take this. We're obviously looking at a younger Sam and Dean - pre-canon and very AU - but even this AU Dean is close enough to canon that I don't feel like I'm reading about different characters. They're still our Sam and Dean, only younger and in different circumstances.

Well done!
SingleMinded chapter 4 . 8/6/2007
Damn! What are you doing? What happens next? Is it not enough i'm waiting for season 3? You-

Okay i'm trying so hard to hate you but i can't. Please, next chapter, please...
AlenaRivendell chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Hey!

I am loving it - i dont remeber if i reviewed for the last one. But still this story is really awesome, it is very different. Where Sam is the one who is really into hunting and not Dean, intersting notion )
TammiTam chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
I just caught this story and I must say I am intrigued. Good job thus far. I do hope, however, that the boys get some kind of brotherly thing going on, I do so love that!
nikki98499 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
ok now I'm intrigued... I simply must have more... and there is something about your Dean's behavior that is suspicious. Either he wants time with his younger brother (stranger things have happened) or he thinks Sam's doing exactly what he used to do... hehehe
DreamShadows chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Hmm... That was very interesting indeed, and as to your question in the last chapter, it's better than what I was hoping for! Seriously, you took my idea, spun it your own way, and are blowing me away with this story. I have had no qualms with this story or you so far, and if you keep posting chapters this good, then I seriously doubt that I ever will have.

That said, a conniving Mary? Genius! I loved her sneaky nature, it really explains where Dean got his from, because if you really think about it (and you obviously have) John isn't really sneaky, as much as he is blunt and demanding, which leads the reader or tv watcher to wonder where Dean got it from. So, well done!

Sam seems to have developed into quite the character I was imagining while thinking about this prompt, and all I can say is, are you psychic? *Christo!* Or possessed? Because I swear you either read my mind, or we have two halves of the same brain...!...

Anyway, very well written and angst ridden indeed. I have loved this story since the beginning, and when I first saw that you had gotten my prompt I was all... OMG! Lets go back to 13 year old enthusiasm...!... YAY!

*coughs - looks around shyly...*

Sorry bout that! Take care, I look forward to reading more soon.

-OSS
Ghostwriter chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Great job. I love it. Keep it up. I can't WAIT to see what happens next. Catch ya on the flip side.
Nimrodel chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
OMG!This is great! Update soon!
eddy6401 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
i just found this and i love it, i have this need to see Dean get a little physical trying to get Sam to tell him what is going on and Sam kicking Deans butt easy as apple pie!
Storm Silverhand chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Oh man! Oh man! Brillant! I loved the update! You have a great pace, so although things don't drag, you also don't rush them. I can't wait to see what happens next, and I'm so happy to hear this is your longest story yet! More please!
Starliteyes17 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Oh wow. What is Sam planning? I can't imagine how he's going to pull off keeping Dean in the dark about everything. I mean, the boy is smart, but even he can't orchestrate a fake speech and debate tournament! I can't wait to see what you have planned...

Also, I love the subtle way Dean still watches out for Sammy. I've always thought this is how their relationship would have been, had Mary never died and etcetera, and canon (WIAWSNB) only seemed to confirm it even more that they wouldn't be close. But of course brothers and still brothers, and those instincts to protect family are still there. The boys aren't complete douches, after all. ;D

I'm excited to see what happens now! Please update soon!
bubblesquirt chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
“That’s still a no,” John murmured as he pulled back from the kiss.

Mary tried not to smile as she pouted.

-So how great is this? Too cute!

“No,” Sam blurted before he could stop himself.

Dean’s head jerked around to stare at his younger sibling. It had been a long, tense drive and frankly he was fed up and beyond annoyed. “Dude, do you seriously hate me that much?”

-Aw, so sad!

So I'm really excited about where this is going and where Sam sent Dean and if Dean's gonna figure it out and catch Sam! I loved the whole John and Mary interaction. It was too cute and flowed nicely. I hope you update again soon!
Harrigan chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
This is intriguing! It's kind of refreshing to read a story where every chapter doesn't end with someone passing out or worse. Having a story where the unfolding mystery/plot is what keeps the reader coming back for more instead is a new twist ! And appreciated.
sammygirl1963 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Awesome chapter! Sam sure is cunning to get Dean to do what he wants-Dean will think he got the wrong place when he shows up for the debate and nobody is there. Or, I gotta wonder, will Dean hide and watch Sammy without him knowing it. Can't wait to see so please update soon!
Kansas42 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
honestly, i wasn't sure if i was going to like this . . . the au stories where mary's alive usually don't interest me a whole lot. . . but i'm interested to see where you're going with this. i like dean and sam's interaction with each other-seems realistic to me, and i'm interested in seeing dean's reactions when he finds out what sam's been up to. hope you update soon.
471 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »