Reviews for Proper Obedience
Arcole chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
You know, and I've got to wonder just how much of this is little Jarlaxle's gift for manipulation coming to the surface at a young age. Who's playing who?

Fun little piece of backstory!
Dreamingsinger chapter 2 . 12/10/2007
I am really liking the concept you have worked out here. I think you are doing a wonderful job of poraying the characters in their much younger days. The interaction between them, is very good, and the diolouge is very realisic I think.

Do you intend to continue on with this story. I really am hoping that you do. I would love to read what happens next.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 2 . 9/3/2007
I like how you bring in the family, and how Triel is wondering about the side-effects of being a wean mother.
Lady Fellshot chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
You know, this will probably sound silly, but I'm starting to like Triel as a character more. I like her oscillations between slapping the small one and wanting to make him stop crying and start doing something useful. Like bleed in the divan instead of her dress LOL .
Zaphodiop chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
Poor Jarlaxle...Anywho, great job! I like this chapter! I luv your stories!
Linndechir chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
Very sweet. I can already see Jarlaxle through this, somehow. “You cannot ask what she is hitting you for." - “I can’t?” - “No.” - “Why not?” I can really imagine little Jarlaxle saying that, and I'm sure that Jarlaxle is the only one who could survive that. ;) I'm a bit surprised that Triel is so indulgent, but on the other hand she never seemed as cruel to me as some of her sisters. I wonder how this will develop once Jarlaxle gets a bit older.
The Unapproachable East chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Not bad, short and nice is better than long and retarted.

As for Triel being the oldest, really I buy it since Triel and Gromph are portrayed as being older than most current Matron Mothers, and other powerful figures. They would have been born at a relative starting point from Matron Baenre's rise to power.

They are probably so old that any children born before them have been completely forgotten and Triel has become the "First Born" simply through lack of any evidence contrary to the fact.
Zaphodiop chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
This is so adorable! Just how I pictured little Jarlaxle! Opportunistic from the very beginning, yet sweetly naive. Great job!
Lady Fellshot chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I thought for sure poor chibi Jarlaxle was toast when he jumped Triel. I am most intriuged .

One little nit: I thought Triel was the oldest of the surviving Baenre daughters (unless she killed someone off to gain the position, which is possible). Whatever, it's a small explainable glitch.