Reviews for Is it a Shindig or a Hootenanny?
Vindicated Skies chapter 4 . 4/16
According to the date, you haven't updated this thing in seven years, so I'm not even really expecting a response to this review, but I have to say this is one of the funniest things I've read recently, and I would love to see it finished, especially if there's only one or two chapters left.
Nyx811 chapter 4 . 4/7
update
Cobalt Silver chapter 4 . 10/29/2013
PLEASE UPDATE SOON I CANT BREATH. lol this is funny as heck
Ka chapter 4 . 9/8/2013
Hehee.

Why not take Prowl down with an Ark-wide EMP?
But then again, who'd be nuts enough to try that.
...
I'd like to know your Prowlputer nickname for Jazz.

And Cybertron has too much paperwork.

And your memory theory makes pretty good sense. I mean, Cybertronians can learn something complicated like a language ridiculously fast, live for millions of years and seem to have the same thinking speed and ability as humans, possibly slightly faster and further reaching, and have a far wider range of environments where they can survive with ease, yet what you get is a species with specialists (even though there is some suggestion of multidisciplinairy ability in scientists) and people who don't even understand the basics of some pretty useful and common jobs/knowledge structures such as repairs, and not just getting their resources from places where no-one will get in their way, such as mining asteroids or setting up a few solarpanels around their base.
Or Cyberforming Mars.
They can move planets, make weapons that connect to black holes or whatnot and just bend the laws of nature in general, and what do they do?
Anyone getting beat by Cybertronians when they have similar resources and ability or strenght deserves what's coming to them. I mean, they could have an empire wrought from cyberformed/terraformed lifeless planets, infinite energy supply by setting up a few dozen solarpanels near anywhere they have a base or landing spot that is near enough to the light of a star... (And can just drag a planet of their choosing in an orbit of their choosing if they are not near enough to the light of a star.)
And this is why a proper human mindset in a Cybertronian would be terrifying.
I am, in many ways, averagish.
Slightly above average intelligence in some areas tempered with issues and things like my inflexibility, I'm not a good strategist, I'm not terribly awesome in logistics, economy or technology. But I get by. I can see the logic in certain things. Hand me a manual and I can fix most mechanical things even though I'm not terribly talented at it. Let my study math, and even though I am weak there, with some logic, and the slower calculations, I'll still get the right answers. A person can get surprisingly far if they are driven, if they try.
A human being with sufficient following can conquer the better part of a continent in mere decades or less (See Napoleon and Alexander). Megatron, the most terrifying figure in Cybertronian history's had millions of years and what apparently amounts to half a planets fight-capable people (even if it's a "planet" the size of an asteroid), as well as a way to succesfully permanently brainwash potential new recruits (at least in G1, which is in this universe). And he's, well, Megatron. Cartoon villain.
He has following, many with potential.
He has resources.
And he does not use them to anything close to their full extend.
And Starscream would not be any better.
The more I learn of the Transformers universes, the more I get like "How have you not yet conquered and/or cyberformed several significant planets by now? And why are the ones you did such wastelands? Gah! You're made of idiots!"
This is why you want your intelligent species to be opportunistic survivalists.
Humanity lived, in its current state, maybe a million years, tops. (There's recognizable humanoids for a few million years, but things that aren't also obviously monkeyish, like Sapiens sapiens, Sapiens Neanderthalis and maybe another species of human we made part of our own, haven't been around quite as long.)
We went from rocks and sticks and checking if that tendon or bone might be useful for something to having lighting and silicon tamed for our entertainment. We measure the light of dead stars and influence the weather. We make intruments of light and numbers. For all our autrocities and foibles, we try to be better than we were before.

And then you have a race of giant robots that have been fighting a war for several times longer than we exist.
Idealists, some of them, sure, but most are too stuck in who they are to actually change for the better, except a little worse than that.
I've changed my opinion on several things quite drastically over the course of several years, simply because I learned more things about them.
I'm still stubborn, with a dislike of sudden changes even if they're not bad or even good, I am, essentially, a flawed being, but I learn. I try to learn to be a better person, and to learn do be able to do more things than I could before, however slow-going that is. The flaws I have now are, at least in part, different from those I had before, like my temper.
Transformers is an interesting fiction that I enjoy, but if they were real, I'd be facepalming over how such awesome mechanical-energy-entities could be such collosal morons.

Though, you know, now you can add to your "how to conquer a planet" manual a basic "Turn into a robot and timetravel to early Cybertron, it's easy pickings if you're not entirely incompetent and somewhat motivated."
Fangthehedgewolf chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
I feel sorry for Optimus, you'd think the others would act with common sense.
guest chapter 4 . 7/22/2013
Oh the irony of names.
HauntedQuarantineZone chapter 4 . 7/19/2013
Wow this is funny though it seems you haven't updated in years. Oh well I hope you update it anyway cause Id love to see how it ends.
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
I loved this chapter! We finally get to see Optimus' view point of the whole thing. Boy, he sure doesn't know! XD

Have you forgotten about this story? I'd love to see it updated and finished. Especially regarding the "next generation's" terrible abilities.
kkcliffy chapter 4 . 5/12/2013
Awww, I wish you'd finished this story! It's very entertaining.
RagdolDark chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
This! This is... Just... Do you know what happened to me? Ever since I started to read this, I had amusement and giggles building up. Slowly putting pressure and I started to laugh a little louder and a little lesser things. Well, it just kept building and building, until we come to the point where Bluestreak is saved from... Slag, was it? Anyway, and he's all twitchy. I only managed to read to that (twitch) part before everything broke, all my dams giving up and every ounce of amusement and hilarity drowning me. Well, to put it short, I very quickly found myself on the floor, unable to do much else than curl in a ball, clutching my stomach and laugh. Laugh laugh and laugh.

Eventually... My abdominal muscles quite effectively cramped. It hurt, you know? It really hurt. And it's your fault. But really, I love you for that. I haven't had a good laugh in a long time, and never so bad my muscles literally can't take it, and definitely I've never kept laughing even though I'm also sobbing and keening in pain. But all that... This story... You broke me. You broke me to pieces, man. I was giggling for no reason two hours after that. But it was good. Really good. And I just can't wait to see how this all ends.
Infinitechange chapter 4 . 3/27/2013
Very amusing and fun story!
autobot fangirl chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
Oh my! At times I had to put this down on account I was laughing way too hard! Seriously, in a ball holding ribs laughing way too hard XD
Will you pleeeease continue this epic story? :)
CelticViking chapter 4 . 2/18/2013
The mental image: the autobots all peaking out of a bicycle basket with megatron peddling, and starscream hanging onto his back yelling 'wheeeee!' :-D
CelticViking chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Welder Harpy! _. I might explode trying to keep the lolz in!
icecreamsundaes2013 chapter 4 . 1/9/2013
Hmm... is Optimus going to go back and tell the story of why he couldn't preform a squadron inspection to Prowl to bring him back with its illogical reasonings? If so, than the look on Prowl's face would be priceless. Update soon!