Reviews for Beyond
Leah chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
I couldn't believe JKR didn't think of Snape as a hero. I love how you portray him! Poor guy...
trekker2002 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Just realised I read this months ago and didn't review, for which I apologise.

A good 'closure' fic. Thanks
BuckeyeBelle chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Great story.
LuridPink chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Just saw in my in box that you posted something. Loved his outbursts at who ever it was talking to him. the pain the grief the bitterness are all so true to Snape. Dumbledore was a manipulative old jerk who didn't deserve any forgiveness from Snape. I loved that he was reunited with his one true love-Lily in the end. Sadly I think that's how it's going to be for Harry and Hermione. Nothing in this live but their souls will be united in the next. Anyway, thanks for making Snape's life mean something.
Snape's Witch chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Very moving! I so hope Lily did meet him on the Other Side.
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
He has a lot to be bitter about, poor guy, and that comes across very well here. I like the idea of him haunting Tom.

I'm not absolutely sure but I think what JK meant the first time was that Snape wasn't a role model - here in the UK people do tend to use "role model" and "hero" interchangeably, as if they meant the same thing. And of course, he *isn't* a very good role model - teenagers are quite melodramatic enough, without encouraging them to imitate somebody who died for love after a lifetime of bitterness.

But he's certainly a hero in the military/epic sense. Harry has too much support and too little choice to be a real hero: the two great, true heroes in the books are Severus and Neville.
Romney Lyre chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Ohh, I swear I'm falling for your writing. O:

That was sweet how Lily wanted to be the first to go to him.

Gosh, I still wished he didn't die though. D;
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I'm glad he loves Lily and gains comfort from her image-but he should realize someday that she did choose James over him, even knowing what he and _his_ friends were like. It'd be rotten, I suppose, to give up the one love he had in life, but alas! given what we've seen of Lily, it was all an illusion anyway. Hope he actually finds some _real_ love, not the "you have to give up your friends so mine can beat you up more easily" routine.

Still very good. (Yes, Lily will love him and pet him...and go right back to James and the rest of the Marauders, minus Peter. She'll still choose them first).
cecelle chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
It was just so cruel of JKR to let him die without even knowing that his death made a difference.

Since his creator didn't care to give him any sort of closure, it's up to us... (shameless bit of self-promotion, since the story bots are down - I've posted a couple of alternate endings, as well.)

I am glad he is finally getting the comfort and warmth he never got in his lifetime.

And yeah, I was actually thinking of you when I saw what Snape's patronus was in the book! :-)
duj chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
He didn't seem to get closure in the book so we have to give it to him. At least he got to have his say, for once.
wingnutdawn chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Excellent. You did a great job. In my opinion the seventh book was not up to the usual standards. it is now up to the Fan writers to fill in the missing parts.