Reviews for Family Ties
VStarTraveler chapter 11 . 7/1
Getting into some good courtroom action! I think I did note one minor error:
"Objection." Ludlum mumbled, with much less conviction as his earlier protest. "You don't know that."

"Shut it, Mr. Ludlum." Simmons snarled. "Answer the question, Mr. Hawthorne."

Ludlum made the statement so it should be Howell making his second objection and the judge chewing him rather than Ludlum out.
VStarTraveler chapter 10 . 7/1
Review for the last few chapters up to 10: Nice writing, and seemingly in the general style of TAoBCJ. Getting into some good details of the backstory and some nice action. Nice to see Senior getting a role, too, though he seems to be staying in the shadows for now. Still, the deck seems stacked against them and winning the court case seems like a very long shot for Brisco...
VStarTraveler chapter 1 . 6/30
Very late in finding this story, but glad to find that it has a good start and that the author completed it. Now I'm looking forward to reading the rest! VST
Alexis Katherine chapter 15 . 2/13/2008
I can't believe it's over! I'm to see it end, but glad to see Jessie safe (for the moment) in Mexico. Thanks for ending the mystery of "the shot."

You tied up the loose ends nicely. I hope you either start a new story soon, or revisit an older one - I'm hooked now!
Alexis Katherine chapter 14 . 2/7/2008
You write great action sequences! It really flows with the dialogue. :)

I wonder who fired that shot that hit the sharpshooter? Brisco, perhaps?
Alexis Katherine chapter 13 . 1/28/2008
OMG - You killed Bill! I didn't see that coming. It's a sign of a good writer when the reader cares about OCs like that. :)

I know Dawkins is on Jessie's side, but I do hope he gets what's coming to him. Can't wait to read what happens next!
Alexis Katherine chapter 12 . 1/28/2008
Dawkins finally arrives and the first thing he does is mail some letters..interesting. Is Brisco Sr. still close by? Is Brisco Jr. really leaving?

Good chapter!
Alexis Katherine chapter 11 . 1/24/2008
Sorry it took me so long to review!

I'm surprised Jessie changed lawyers, but not so surprised that Brisco is staying close by anyways.

Great chapter! Poor Jessie!
Alexis Katherine chapter 10 . 1/14/2008
Wow...Brisco to the rescue just in time! Also like the father-son interaction. Even though Brisco Sr. was only on the show for a few minutes in the pilot and the ghost episode, you've captured the character well!
K.C. Harte chapter 10 . 1/13/2008
Brisco Sr. - the voice of reason. :)

Jessie's character motivation is becoming more clear. Thanks. It's good to know there is a 'drive' behind her actions re: George, Juno, the robbery.

Curious as to what she has planned.
K.C. Harte chapter 9 . 1/13/2008
I absolutely love the father-son interaction. And there's nothing like an unplanned lynch mob to complicate things. I don't think Jessie is going to get a fair trial in this town. ;)
Alexis Katherine chapter 9 . 1/10/2008
I return from holiday break and get an update! Joy!

Uh oh...looks like Jessie is really in trouble! Unless the hooded men are actually part of the 'exit strategy.'

Don't leave me hanging!
K.C. Harte chapter 8 . 12/16/2007
An update! As you know, counsel usually don't object during opening statements - but then, said statements usually aren't so argumentative. ;)

Patiently waiting to see where this goes.
Alexis Katherine chapter 8 . 12/12/2007
You updated! YAY!

I love Brisco in the courtroom. Can't wait to see what Jessie's 'exit strategy' is.
Alexis Katherine chapter 7 . 8/18/2007
Back from vacation -

Are those sworn statements? Will Jessie take the stand? What kind of defense can Brisco mount in such a short time? Does it matter, since the judge and jury are already bought?

“If she’s not hanging from the end of a rope by morning, I’ll make sure you’ll be.” Yikes! Now *that* sounds like a threat!

(Im)patiently waiting for more!