Reviews for The Will to Live
I'maMePanda chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
This was very, very good. Xander's freak-out was so well done and realistic.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Loved this.
emw314 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Just wanted to say that you write some beautifully poignant ficlets.
The Ashes Fan chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Lovely chapter. Very heartfelt and really shows the close bonds between the group but especially between Xander and Giles. Brava! Well done! :)
medicgirl chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was amazing. The best kinds of families are the ones that are chosen. The downside is that they don't always realize that they are a family. Good for Xander for pointing it out.
Wrinkled Fabric chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
OH man that was perfect. Brought tears to my eyes! I love the parental role Giles took on to all these kids and you showed that in a subtle, beautiful way. Hysterical Xander was heart-wrenching and so very realistic. Love it

Fabx
Z-L.B chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
That brought tears to my eyes. It is wonderful how he did become a father figure to basically fatherless kids. Buffy's dad was in LA, Willows parents where usually MIA and Xander's parents desperately needed to go to AA. I always wondered if Giles truly got how much he made a difference in their lives. ZLB
Naithom chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Magnificent. But you need to warn folks to bring Kleenex ahead of time.
Tanokai chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
aww... cute! Glowing review! again.. o.o; I just love your stories!
sapph89 chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
I cried. The entire time that Xander was telling Giles what he wanted from him I was crying. It took me about 20 min to get through the story because the words kept on blurring. Every time that I thought that I had it under control I would read the next sentence or paragraph and they would all blur together again. I loved it and I love the way that you portray Giles and Xander. Keep it up.
Funkitated chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
That was so sweet! I almost made myself sick thinking about Giles dying after reading that. That was a great look into the 'Scooby family' - especially Giles and Xander. Awesome.
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Very sweet
ivywatcher chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Really, really sweet. I liked Xander in this; very true to character, a hint at the more mature version of himself that we see in later seasons. And I like that Giles does that for them without making a big deal out of it. Very him.

All in all, a lovely little piece that nicely shows Xander's heart and Giles' jaded mindset and the solid relationship between the two of them. Well done.
Califaction chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
This fic is completely aww-worthy! Your Xander is very IC. I can picture him acting like this upon finding Giles' will. It's a little harder picturing Giles suggesting a camping trip, but he was getting to be a softy in season 3, wasn't he? Plus Xander had him all softened up with his anxiety about him dying. Xander's excitement, "Fishing? Really?" is typical of him, and infectious. You write good dialogue. This was a really wonderful, enjoyable fic!

Thanks for writing and posting!
evil-mastermind666 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Hysterical Xander always makes me feel like the world is tilting in a very dangerous manner. It makes me break out in hives in worry. Good thing Giles isn't gonna die for a really really really long time right?