Reviews for The Will to Live
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 4/1
Aw, nice family moment :)
Azirahael chapter 1 . 7/31/2015

I loved this, well done.

Good dialogue, and excellent characterization :)
I'maMePanda chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
This was very, very good. Xander's freak-out was so well done and realistic.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Loved this.
emw314 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Just wanted to say that you write some beautifully poignant ficlets.
The Ashes Fan chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Lovely chapter. Very heartfelt and really shows the close bonds between the group but especially between Xander and Giles. Brava! Well done! :)
medicgirl chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was amazing. The best kinds of families are the ones that are chosen. The downside is that they don't always realize that they are a family. Good for Xander for pointing it out.
Wrinkled Fabric chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
OH man that was perfect. Brought tears to my eyes! I love the parental role Giles took on to all these kids and you showed that in a subtle, beautiful way. Hysterical Xander was heart-wrenching and so very realistic. Love it

Z-L.B chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
That brought tears to my eyes. It is wonderful how he did become a father figure to basically fatherless kids. Buffy's dad was in LA, Willows parents where usually MIA and Xander's parents desperately needed to go to AA. I always wondered if Giles truly got how much he made a difference in their lives. ~ZLB
Naithom chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Magnificent. But you need to warn folks to bring Kleenex ahead of time.
Tanokai chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
aww... cute! Glowing review! again.. o.o; I just love your stories!
sapph89 chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
I cried. The entire time that Xander was telling Giles what he wanted from him I was crying. It took me about 20 min to get through the story because the words kept on blurring. Every time that I thought that I had it under control I would read the next sentence or paragraph and they would all blur together again. I loved it and I love the way that you portray Giles and Xander. Keep it up.
Gremlinite chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
That was so sweet! I almost made myself sick thinking about Giles dying after reading that. That was a great look into the 'Scooby family' - especially Giles and Xander. Awesome.
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Very sweet
ivywatcher chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Really, really sweet. I liked Xander in this; very true to character, a hint at the more mature version of himself that we see in later seasons. And I like that Giles does that for them without making a big deal out of it. Very him.

All in all, a lovely little piece that nicely shows Xander's heart and Giles' jaded mindset and the solid relationship between the two of them. Well done.