Reviews for The Cold Insincerity of Steel Machines
BladedMako chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I like your description of what the cube is. This is not a nice future world. What would be very intresting was if video footage of the cube was broadcast to the public.
Red Moon Blue Moon chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Just read this. I expected a look at the techie's life outside of the cube control room. I think that would be a more interesting thing to explore, how these people cope with their role of killing people, and then go back into real life having dinner with their wife and playing football with their kids.

Instead I found this more philosophical take on things, well written, yes indeed, I would highly recommend this short story, it's better than some sci fi stories in published book. But, this is not very deep or thought provoking. Too simple really.
Dawn Stag chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
brilliant, i really love this. its a superbly written piece of work, well done.

- DS
Tania chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I like how you portrayed this. I loved your explanation of following authority and the consequences if you don't which is pretty much what religion is based on these days. That is what I loved about the character's Quintin and Worth they switched roles in the end and Worth became the unlikely hero. Quintin seemed in the know and he helped them at the start but he slowly started to go mad. It was very interesting when he abducted Leaven into the Green room when the others were sleeping telling her to believe in him and to abandon the others and that he could tell they were spies because he could somehow see into their minds and that there was a purpose to all that was happening...he was suffering from the 'God' complex and then there was Worth who never wanted to be a hero but he ended up caring for Leaven and Kazaan and in the end he gave up his life to save Kazaan. I think he made a good point during the film when he told Quintin that he wasn't conceited enough to be the hero/leader. He stepped up to the role because he cared about the others but never considered himself as a hero or leader he was always realistic which is what I loved about his character. He was never portrayed as a divine being or an alpha male figure like Quintine he was defined as a human being with flaws but when it came down to it he had a surprisingly altruistic personality which challenges the common belief that you can have morals without religion.
orangeKitten chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I like it. It certainly does give off that same vibe as the movies do. And you seem to give it a more insight as to what the higher ups are doing to people and their outlook on the world with domination and following orders and the like.

I approve.
Gwynhafara chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Well, even though I have yet to see cube, I absolutly loved this. (especially this line "into the world of strangely glowing lights and the threat of hovering administration.", I can't help but picture administration litterally hovering, like little flying cameras). Anyway, I liked it and thought the ending was perfect.
Vacancy chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
O.O

I don't get it all. But because you wrote it, I love it.

I DONT GET IT ALL, BUT THIS IS FANTASTIC!

As always,

-Ash
Chelinda chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
As I've said, before, this is very Orwellian, but with your own creepy element added in x) I suppose I'll have to see Cube Zero to catch all those references now. (Sorry I can't think of anything useful to say right now -.-)