Reviews for My Gilded Life
IamKroGan1 chapter 3 . 10/19/2017
You do know that James Potter and the Mauraders were the bullies and not Snape, right? Also, it is strange that you follow the Word of Wisdom but not the Commandment, You Shall not Kill.
chuckson chapter 9 . 10/13/2017
I like how you spent a large rant in a previous chapter about the right and wrong times to be okay with killing and then in this chapter you execute kreacher in less then half a sentence, really sells the whole master manipulator thing the si has going on
doubledamn chapter 1 . 10/12/2017
And so rises the Golden Lord.
RHJunior chapter 14 . 10/9/2017
Just once I'd like to see a fanfic author give Ron half as much credit as they give to a far-less-deserving Hermione...
RHJunior chapter 13 . 10/9/2017
ifbyyesDOTwordpressDOTcom/2014/07/04/ron-underestimated/

You obviously didn't read the same books...
RHJunior chapter 7 . 10/9/2017
...except nowhere in scripture did God forbid the use of wine, much less coffee or tea. REALLY, man...
RHJunior chapter 4 . 10/8/2017
1. Abstinence is not Temperance. It can in fact be as intemperate as the opposite extreme.
2. Do you sincerely believe that the Christ who drank wine with His followers, who was called a winebibber by his enemies and who even gifted a wedding with wine actually condemns wine, much less coffee and tea? (And no, it was not "nonalcoholic" nor was it "watered down." That is a religious urban myth with no historical or scholastic evidence... in fact watering down wine in those ages was considered a CRIME. And even "new" wine was known to be enough to get one drunk.)
3. Your protagonist murdered a family of three... including a child no older than Harry. Does he really think his God cares about the tea on his lips but not the blood on his hands?
RHJunior chapter 2 . 10/8/2017
Killing the Dursleys: excessive. Vernon and Petunia were abusive- not murderers. And Dudley was a child!
If your protagonist didn't want to leave a magical signature... why not use a potion instead? Assuming they don't have a permanent baleful polymorph potion it could still work...Wouldn't even have to be lethal, just something to make them compliant and placid. Spike all the food and drink they have in the house with an exceptionally potent Draught of Peace, for example. Or pass himself off as a spokesperson for a mail-in contest and give it to them as a "prize" - "A lifetime supply of (insert beverage they all drink here)" with a little something extra added. Or give them knockout drops, put them in a highly visible and legally compromising position somewhere public, and let the police find them. Countless non-lethal options, just with the resources at Gilderoy's disposal.
RHJunior chapter 1 . 10/8/2017
Please come back to this story!
HetaliaLover4ever chapter 4 . 9/23/2017
This story is an excellent example of why people usually don't mention real-world topics or controversies in fanfiction, especially if they're not related to the base work. If not done well, it ends up a jarring, sudden, non sequitur. I've seen very few fanfictions even attempt this, so kudos for trying, but F for quality. Good story, but it has seemingly random interjections about religion throughout it.
Sefera chapter 14 . 9/21/2017
Vary good! I'm favoriting this. I'll be checking out your account to see if you've ever created a sequel, if so I'll be favoriting and reading it as well. But if not, it is what it is, I enjoyed it while it lasted.
TheOneButcher chapter 7 . 9/19/2017
Drinking caffeine every day for no reason is stupid, any "energy" you gain you have to pay for the next day, making you as alert as if you didn't drink any coffee at all. People were not wise at all with coffee and tea, something I consider the reason for this commandment, just as people used to be unwise about hygiene, leading to kosher rules. Now that we studied the effects thoroughly I think it's Okay to lift the rules on Coffee and Tea. (Also they were given to people who didn't have much of them, they might also mean: You really shouldn't waste money on this stuff that doesn't help you at all.) You don't need rules about things you're smart enough not to do on your own, and this lack of rules allows for flexibility.

Nowadays if you're an adult and knowledgeable about this, you can use caffeine if you need it: You didn't get enough sleep one night and have an important meeting, there's an exam looming, but know that you might also be having an important meeting the next day, when you pay the price, or take care that you don't waste the borrowed wakefulness on studying instead of the exam itself.
TheOneButcher chapter 6 . 9/19/2017
God gave us immortal souls so we would not perish, not vanish into nothingness, not be twisted into something else by sickness, and keep what made us us forever.

Lockhard subverted that, violated that sanctum of our minds and stole that most precious gift, that self. I hope that upon death that mutilation fades like ordinary brain damage.

Your Character here, goes a step further to twist three impressionable children and their ignorant mother into other people.

What will it do to a soul to suddenly live within another person? Will the original be restored upon death and passage into the afterlife? What with the twisted version? Will there be two Harrys in death, one dead at age eleven?
GliterAndGold chapter 6 . 9/1/2017
I like the new version of Lockhart but I do not think that the memory charms would have been acepted by the Grangers. It is just my hatred of memory charms speaking here.

-Glitter
LenaCobral chapter 14 . 8/2/2017
Hi, so I understand if this doesn't change your view at all, (especially if you've already read it) but I recommend you read the fanfic A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles to at least understand why some of us have a kinder view of Snape. It's a brilliant fanfic and I highly recommend it.