Reviews for My Gilded Life
rantingbanshee chapter 1 . 8/8
This story is a disgusting religious propaganda which aims to be moralistically-correct in terms of murder being an acceptable convention "in the name of god".

Here is an excerpt from the story where he murders the Dursleys:
"I, on the other hand, was of a considerably stronger sort. I had already taken blows that had destroyed me and rebuilt stronger each time. My beliefs and faith in God had brought me through in spite of my trials."

*He says this after murdering an eleven year old kid...

People like this author are the worst examples of human beings who justify the sacking of Constantinople and the murder of 11.5 million humans during the Roman war, 3 million humans during the "Holy Crusades", 4 million humans during the French war, 2 million humans during the Sudanese war and 250 thousand humans during the Lebanese war...in the so called "name of God".

Murdering, pillaging, raping in the name of God makes these religious nutters the worst sort of people on Earth. Lowest scum that are wasting precious oxygen even just breathing.

It's people like you who have repressed our scientific and technological progression with the hangings and witch burnings. The brave few inquisitive minds of people who claimed the Earth was round...got burnt because of religious nutters. That set us back by centuries. Christianity alone, set us back thousands of years due to their stupidity...we would have been very advanced, traveling the stars by now and exploring planets if it weren't for these religious dumb crazy turds.

Kindly take your religious vitriol and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
Worldmaker chapter 12 . 8/6
Oh look. More bullshit moralization from a member of the most bigoted, racist, sexist religious cults on the planet. You really are an asshole.
Worldmaker chapter 8 . 8/6
Oh look. Now you're engaging in religiously driven homophobia!

Its like you are fulfilling every bad stereotype of the bigoted Christian, all in one story!
Worldmaker chapter 7 . 8/6
Oh look, more self-serving religious indoctrination.

I've got a question for you: what evidence do you have that a god or gods exist at all, much less that yours exists? And how - assuming you can produce evidence that does not qualify as "personal opinion", "logical fallacy," or "lying through your teeth" - does this evidence support your personal opinion rather than someone else's?

You having the naturally skeptical Hermione Granger accepting your religious bullshit without question is nonsense and comes really close to ruining your story.
Worldmaker chapter 6 . 8/6
I just love your prejudicial, anti-Catholic indoctrination attempt, there. It was wonderfully medieval in its hatred for the "Whore of Rome." Well done.
SakuraLuck chapter 14 . 8/2
wish there was a sequel
BorviX chapter 14 . 6/18
Best self insert I've read! Thank you
jirka642 chapter 6 . 6/2
Congratulation! You actually managed to make Lockhart a lot more disturbing then he was before. While the original was terrible person, he only stole few memories and fame from other people and that was it. From what I read, this one could easily do things on par with Voldemort if he believed he was doing the right thing. I seriously hope that this is OC and not self-insert story...
Commisar Admiral Kordoshky chapter 9 . 5/29
I find it funny how the main character goes slightly mad the more memories he assimilates XD
Are you actually christian? (Is it christian? )
Rosa Mundi chapter 5 . 5/22
I don't agree with every decision you've made in this story, but on the whole I'm enjoying it, along with being fascinated to see what you come up with next. I'm also feeling like having a go at this story prompt myself, so the fact that you came up with a bunch of stuff that would never occur to me makes me happy from that angle too. (Although I'd definitely be including Tonks, since she's his cousin and all.)

This is a lot of fun, thanks for writing and posting it.
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 7 . 5/14
I will acknowledge that Snape is not a good character. I can agree that his actions are completely misplaced. But I will tell you that you are wrong about Snape being a bully as a student. At least in the beginning.

Take a child like Harry, put them in Hogwarts, and put them in Slytherin, where many of the students are pure blooded and JKR has portrayed majority of them as blood purists. Abuse from home, abuse from school from his own classmates as well as Gryffindors, and only one friend that abandons you to the man who bullied you all those years.

The mental stress, like with what you've explained with your version of Harry, caused him to buckle and without a Hermione or Ron, or Ginny, or in fact any of the other meager supports Harry DID have, I'm not surprised Snape went to the one place that would accept him. Death eaters. Sure it wasn't a good place, but Snape is used to that.

But were on the topic of him being a bully. I argue that you're wrong. Why? Because the memory Harry saw of Snape's encounter with Levicorpus, where (James) potter both instigated, and felt pleasure from using it on Snape. Not to mention Lily's mentioning in the books where she tells Potter to stop, and insinuates that he's done it before. Not to mention the conversation between Snape and Remus, and Remus' 'guilty apology' yes, it's about the werewolf incident. But who was to blame for it? Sirius. Why? Because he's Potter's best friend and a co bully.

Yes I'm biased. I'm an attached reader to a character I have created a bond through their story. There is little to nothing that endears James Potter to me and I am of the opinion that he was a bully in school. No Snape's attitude didn't help, but Snape had something Potter didn't. Lily. On Sirius' side, Snape was the epitome of what his parents expected of him. Slytherin. So, both painted a target and went after it. That's how I choose to picture JKR's characters.

Thank you for writing, and apologies for the wall of text.
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 6 . 5/14
I am a little confused about the Snape is a bully thing. Yeah, he was as an adult, but as a student at hogwarts he was the victim of bullying. But you've implied and outright said he wasn't. Is this a purposeful change in the story? I'd like to know. Thank you again for writing.
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 4 . 5/14
Parcelmouth...HAHAHA I'm envisioning Harry with a package for a mouth or talking to the mail rather than the owl that delivered it. The proper spelling for the word is Parselmouth. A parcel is a thing or group of things wrapped to be carried or sent by mail. I couldn't help but correct this in a review. Thank you so much for writing, I'm really enjoying the story!
tylermech66 chapter 3 . 5/11
Christianity... has a thing against ... tea?...

I call complete bullshit!
This was pretty cool and then it got ridonkculous and wacked up. Really...sharing blood among so many people...just gross. That makes everyone related or something, awkwardness ensues when there are babies from the 'wives'...