Reviews for My Gilded Life
Hawk Raven chapter 5 . 7h
What if the reason Hermione was able to take the step and obliviate her parents, was because she had already done it to them before. She's always trying to protect people. So what if, based on your younger sister suicide theory, she erased their memory to protect them from feeling guilty - feeling like maybe it was their fault for favoring their older daughter or something like that - especially if it really was their fault. If you'd already erased the memories of one daughter, what's one more, especially to protect them from a physical threat.
May chapter 5 . 5/17
Gary Stu much? Seriously, what next, you're gonna cure lycanthropy?
PrinceLarkin chapter 4 . 5/16
Parcelmouth?

...He...talks to boxes?

"I am the BOX WIZARD. Beware!"
Mohammad.Alzo chapter 6 . 5/8
You have no idea how close your beliefs are to Islam.

Actually, the entire description given is the exact Islamic belief on killing.

Are you a Jehovas witness? Because the line between that in Islam is very short.
frytrix chapter 6 . 4/25
The therapeutic memory work basicly killed the old Harry and created a new person.
The Same can be said about the Grangers which would explain why Ted is drinking so much, they are no longer the familly he loves and remembers.
Demon Lord Cashmere Snow chapter 14 . 4/24
A well disguised piece of religiously motivated fanfiction. I'm not saying I mind, but I find it interesting to note, especially since few other fanfics make use of religious themes.
I have to admit, I'm pretty disturbed that you've labled this a self insert. Lockhart just murdered a child in cold blooc - Dudley. Sure he was a bully, but he was still a child. Punishinh him for his parents crimes is pretty extreme. The justification and lack of remorse is kind of chilling. Tbh I hope you arent actually like this.

The story's written well though.
saashi samy chapter 13 . 2/26
very funny
saashi samy chapter 10 . 2/26
i really love the chapter

is the most funny
saashi samy chapter 5 . 2/26
i like the oc
RebeliousOne chapter 1 . 2/16
Brilliant! Taking out the Dursley's was epic. The deatheaters as well of course. I can't wait to see the fall out for this one.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 7 . 2/6
About the only thing is disagree with was the assessment of James and the Marauders, you might well have been right about their motivations, but even Sirius said they'd all be right jerks and that James had been arrogant to add on to being a jerk and that came from someone who thought sending an enemy into an enclosed space with a werewolf was a good joke, a situation that would've made Remus either a murderer or someone responsible for creating another werewolf. That event was the turning point for James, but I don't think even then he went after Snape so much to save a life as to prevent his friends from becoming murderers. There are also some extenuating circumstances as to just why Snape was as bad as he was and one of those was the Marauders, since even in the best light that you presented they were taking on the right to punish when they decided someone wasn't punished enough for something. It might be true to say that Hogwarts failed its students in terms of appropriate punishments for their infractions, but punishment is not supposed to be dealt out by students under any circumstances, so each time they took that level their pranks became bullying.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 5 . 2/6
In point of fact good stories often prevent me from sleep, though as I myself am only occasionally driven to write it's usually reading good stories that keeps me up.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 4 . 2/6
I really like the metamorph aspect and you did a good job of showing that Dora still has skills to learn along with the explanation for her clumsiness. Now though I'm wondering about one of the things that I always look for in a story, namely if there are any chances for romance in this story. Depending on just how many years you covered here then I assume Harry will at least date at some point, but the question becomes who your SI might end up dating or potentially marrying. The obvious choice for the SI would be Dora, but we'll see how that relationship builds from here, on the plus side I doubt he's as much older than her than Remus is. I always pictured Gilderoy as somewhere in his mid twenties since being much older than that would decrease his attractiveness to the younger witches, similarly he couldn't be too young since he has to be considered old enough that he could've done what his books say he did which would make him at youngest mid twenties. Still, I'll just have to read and see where things will go from here, a prospect that greatly appeals to me.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 3 . 2/6
It's a bit of a shame to show up as Gilderoy and not be able to amend for some of his sins, but then those were HIS sins and trying to atone for another's sins isn't really something asked of us. It's an interesting idea that the SI here can learn from those memories that Gilderoy stole though, it's even perhaps something the original owners of those skills and memories would approve of, but it does impose the cost that the SI will now have to live up to the role of a hero and I look forward to seeing that continue.

On other matters we have the SI being acknowledged as related to Harry and that brings up the interesting question of how that's explained. Naturally the readers know the truth, but what the official story is could be interesting on its own.