Reviews for My Gilded Life
ymrgf chapter 2 . 11/23
BORING. Most of chapters contained SI/Lockhart monologues which is pretty BORING.
Wow... was ok until the author went off of his ridiculous obvious religion rant... "god" cured Bellatrix, well great have "god" go cure voldermort as well and we can call it a wrap. What nonsense, surprised he doesn't try to write that magic comes from god...
david430 chapter 7 . 10/10
Ah. Religious preaching. I was hoping that was just in the beginning to describe the oc and where he was coming from. is this going to be a regular thing? takes away from the story.
david430 chapter 6 . 10/10
So... Earlier he determined it too dangerous to implant another's memory had he not been bombarded by Lockhart's whole life at the beginning. And now Miranda, a doctor, Hermione, her sister and Harry are all for removing bad, character-building parts of his childhood and leave him as a fundamentally different person with the compulsive studying habits of Hermione’s, with her (and her sister's) behavioral habits as they grew as girls from when Harry was 15 months until hogwarts...
Sirius and Remus are going to be so confused when the godson they just spent half a day with comes back behaving like first-book Hermione.
Is this a crackfic about what happens when you take memory charms too far to create "ideal" characters?
weird path for the fic to take but alright...
crazydavey chapter 11 . 10/7
The preaching in here is really becoming too much. I've been trying to ignore it because the rest of the story is pretty good, but yeah, him somehow curing Bella's insanity by converting her really is ridiculous lol.

Why would Miranda have ever agreed to a prenup agreement where Ted could take literally everything they had in a divorce with not even a good reason for the divorce in the first place? No one would do that lol. It's not like he even had good cause, like adultery or something. And everything? Even stuff that started as hers, or she earned?

Why would she have ever agreed to that in a marriage arrangement? Why would he have even had the balls to ask for such a contract, without imagining she'd tear it up and immediately call off the wedding? Was he loaded to start with and her dirt poor? Even then, her earnings going to him wouldn't make sense, he'd only demand that the assets he came into the marriage with or earned would revert back to his sole ownership.
You are a relious bigot that are ok with brainwash!
Lord.Raven6 chapter 1 . 7/29
Theres a lot of words that doesnt have a space in between them making it awkward to read. Hope this gets fixed later on and I'll have to stop, just not used to this problem
TimC chapter 14 . 7/14
Just read this, and, a quite good story imho
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 13 . 6/19
Huh. I am strangely glad you made the Adam's so relevant in the most random way
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 11 . 6/18
Uh...what a Rollercoaster. But I love it
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 10 . 6/18
...sure thing isn't a Crack fic at this point?
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 8 . 6/18
Uh...yikes
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 7 . 6/18
I fear for Ted and his relationship with a unit that he seems to be farther and farther from
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 6 . 6/18
Hmmmm interesting solution. I can't say I agree but I can't fault him for doing so. In all honesty, I probably feel as Ted does, unwilling to undergo a change that would force a shift in person but also unwilling to take away what could be the end to someone's suffering, no matter how fake it may be
MushroomGloomCorner chapter 1 . 6/18