Reviews for My Gilded Life
Helily chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
Wow. Damn. Excellent.

Most cold-blooded, cleanly efficient murder of the Dursleys I've yet read. Startling in its horrifying simplicity. Loved it.
Alexandria Starke chapter 2 . 10/11/2015
Ah... I wonder what effect your experiment with the memory will have?
Alexandria Starke chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see where this goes.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
I kind of object to killing the Dursleys even though I see where your character was coming from, but, and perhaps I missed it, how did he get into the house? Being invisible doesn't help one get past locked doors and even if a door was unlocked opening and closing it would almost certainly draw attention. The medical supply store was a store I assume, and thus easy to enter, but unless a door was left open as the family was bringing in groceries or other purchases that required multiple trips from the car most people don't leave their doors open long enough for invisible people to sneak in behind them. Other than the actual entry I'd question the need for the character to kill Dudley, his parents are guilty of child abuse over an extended period of time, but Dudley's only crime is to be a bully, something that really is more his parents fault than his own since they not only encouraged that behavior, they went so far as to reward it. I will state that this is my second read through of your story because I liked it a great deal as a fun rad that was a passing cent length without being truly huge, so I know where the story is going and Dudley living probably would've meant that he'd go to live with his Aunt Marge and, as the blood wards only require someone who shares Lily's blood, Harry would probably go with him. That scenario would actually make life worse for Harry assuming that Marge could be forced to take Harry in at all, and so I can accept Dudley's death, it just seems that his punishment doesn't fit his crime in a way easy to accept and that your character should have had at least some qualms about that act.
kdakmmt chapter 14 . 9/20/2015
I would have enjoyed this more if you hadn't used this as a platform to share your religious dogma...
Raven Blanchard chapter 7 . 9/14/2015
Can't exactly fault Ted for feeling the way he seems to, what with Gilderoy all but pushing Harry into the Granger family the way he did.
Thekingofpwn chapter 3 . 8/12/2015
That moment when you've been reincarnated as Gilderoy Lockheart and a fucking Wizarding world and still believe in God. Not hating, just sayin'. That rhymed.
Check Your Premise chapter 3 . 7/14/2015
You know, I find it funny that you have yourself (self-insert after all) as this kind of wont-go-against-my-religion character and yet you wrote a story about becoming a wizard, have you read the Bible or what?

Not that I care, I just think its pretty hypocritical of you.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/28/2015
Hmmm. Religions always left sour aftertaste for me when encountered in fiction,especially such as Mormon. Still, for each his own, no matter the aftertaste ,'tis a main dish that matters ,and not many people enjoy nihilism either.
chibi-Clar chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
I like this. It's an interesting point of view and unique.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/11/2015
even though It took me almost two weeks to read this I can honestly say, ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. It was extremely believable and satisfying to read, I thank you for writing it and posting it here.
IronScript chapter 5 . 5/26/2015
What if the reason Hermione was able to take the step and obliviate her parents, was because she had already done it to them before. She's always trying to protect people. So what if, based on your younger sister suicide theory, she erased their memory to protect them from feeling guilty - feeling like maybe it was their fault for favoring their older daughter or something like that - especially if it really was their fault. If you'd already erased the memories of one daughter, what's one more, especially to protect them from a physical threat.
May chapter 5 . 5/17/2015
Gary Stu much? Seriously, what next, you're gonna cure lycanthropy?
PrinceLarkin chapter 4 . 5/16/2015
Parcelmouth?

...He...talks to boxes?

"I am the BOX WIZARD. Beware!"
Mohammad.Alzo chapter 6 . 5/8/2015
You have no idea how close your beliefs are to Islam.

Actually, the entire description given is the exact Islamic belief on killing.

Are you a Jehovas witness? Because the line between that in Islam is very short.
904 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »