Reviews for My Gilded Life
Hmmm. Religions always left sour aftertaste for me when encountered in fiction,especially such as Mormon. Still, for each his own, no matter the aftertaste ,'tis a main dish that matters ,and not many people enjoy nihilism either.
chibi-Clar chapter 1 . 6/24
I like this. It's an interesting point of view and unique.
even though It took me almost two weeks to read this I can honestly say, ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. It was extremely believable and satisfying to read, I thank you for writing it and posting it here.
IronScript chapter 5 . 5/26
What if the reason Hermione was able to take the step and obliviate her parents, was because she had already done it to them before. She's always trying to protect people. So what if, based on your younger sister suicide theory, she erased their memory to protect them from feeling guilty - feeling like maybe it was their fault for favoring their older daughter or something like that - especially if it really was their fault. If you'd already erased the memories of one daughter, what's one more, especially to protect them from a physical threat.
May chapter 5 . 5/17
Gary Stu much? Seriously, what next, you're gonna cure lycanthropy?
PrinceLarkin chapter 4 . 5/16

...He...talks to boxes?

"I am the BOX WIZARD. Beware!"
Mohammad.Alzo chapter 6 . 5/8
You have no idea how close your beliefs are to Islam.

Actually, the entire description given is the exact Islamic belief on killing.

Are you a Jehovas witness? Because the line between that in Islam is very short.
frytrix chapter 6 . 4/25
The therapeutic memory work basicly killed the old Harry and created a new person.
The Same can be said about the Grangers which would explain why Ted is drinking so much, they are no longer the familly he loves and remembers.
Demon Lord Cashmere Snow chapter 14 . 4/24
A well disguised piece of religiously motivated fanfiction. I'm not saying I mind, but I find it interesting to note, especially since few other fanfics make use of religious themes.
I have to admit, I'm pretty disturbed that you've labled this a self insert. Lockhart just murdered a child in cold blooc - Dudley. Sure he was a bully, but he was still a child. Punishinh him for his parents crimes is pretty extreme. The justification and lack of remorse is kind of chilling. Tbh I hope you arent actually like this.

The story's written well though.
saashi samy chapter 13 . 2/26
very funny
saashi samy chapter 10 . 2/26
i really love the chapter

is the most funny
saashi samy chapter 5 . 2/26
i like the oc
RebeliousOne chapter 1 . 2/16
Brilliant! Taking out the Dursley's was epic. The deatheaters as well of course. I can't wait to see the fall out for this one.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 7 . 2/6
About the only thing is disagree with was the assessment of James and the Marauders, you might well have been right about their motivations, but even Sirius said they'd all be right jerks and that James had been arrogant to add on to being a jerk and that came from someone who thought sending an enemy into an enclosed space with a werewolf was a good joke, a situation that would've made Remus either a murderer or someone responsible for creating another werewolf. That event was the turning point for James, but I don't think even then he went after Snape so much to save a life as to prevent his friends from becoming murderers. There are also some extenuating circumstances as to just why Snape was as bad as he was and one of those was the Marauders, since even in the best light that you presented they were taking on the right to punish when they decided someone wasn't punished enough for something. It might be true to say that Hogwarts failed its students in terms of appropriate punishments for their infractions, but punishment is not supposed to be dealt out by students under any circumstances, so each time they took that level their pranks became bullying.
716 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »