Reviews for My Gilded Life
WTF chapter 6 . 6/2
Dude, you just changed Harry. When you remove the memories of someone, you effectively remove their personality and their identity. This story was so good, but now you've destroyed an entire character and replaced him with a gender flipped Hermione.
alec2212 chapter 3 . 5/13
Dropped when religion came into play
moontheir4 chapter 7 . 5/11
The shear depth of mental gymnastics required to consider yourself somehow righteous for not drinking tea after having murdered a twelve year old boy... well, I'm uncomfortably reminded of growing up 'religious.'
Deity Egg chapter 14 . 5/3
hi there
while i really enjoyed this story it feels as though it tries to do a bit to much and explore to many concepts at once (i.e. blood transfusions genetic based magic, the Addams existing, gaining experience via inserted memories ect.) with so many things at once it became a bit mary sue like i understand that this story is over and my suggestions and criticism will not change anything but i would like offer something that may help in the future as i understand this story is a self insert onto the character of Lockhart i have written a couple self inserts (haven't posted them scared of getting flamed) and when writing them trying going based off your immediate knowledge and if you are vaguely aware of something then research otherwise try to be spontaneous when writing as yourself
hope you have a nice next 24 hours
Mastersgtjames chapter 6 . 4/20
Sigh... forgot this author is heavy on the religious propaganda/overtones. personally prefer reading stories to not include religious doctrine/views. Would not want to read the wizard of Oz and have the Wizard stop to talk to Dorothy about the righteousness of Islam or any religion really.

Also, pretty sure the MC is sending the wrong message to the kid. First, he did not kill the dude. He was already dead, having let himself be possessed by a wraith, then further compounding his issues by drinking unicorn blood, he was literally a walking corpse. Second, MC DID NOT know he would die, did not even try to kill him, just defended himself and the "protection" did the rest.
Mastersgtjames chapter 3 . 4/20
Hope MC learns to copy memories without the need for the obliviate. Then MC could hit up "muggle" universities, copy knowledge all around, same with the magical... once he is more proficient and careful.
Mastersgtjames chapter 2 . 4/20
Hope MC masters wandless magic.
Maybe does better than the philosophers stone... I mean, it is good. But that was done like 700 years ago. The Elixir it makes requires repeated doses, and someone could steal the stone. Never mind that Flamel looks like death warmed over...
Hope MC comes up with a means of immortality that grants eternal youth.
Like Self-Transiguration, or being a Metamorph that can control their own age and shapeshift permanently.
Mastersgtjames chapter 1 . 4/20
Not so sure about the murder of the dursleys... But my goodness MC is a HAM!
If MC is able to do a ritual or something to adopt himself into a family or give himelf abilities, he should see about using Tonks. Become a Metamorphmagus!
Thanks for sharing!
Ha! I'm wheezing over here! The Addams are real...and he just ate a spider!
L. Arceus chapter 1 . 4/4
Hello!
First of all, the beginning was very rushed. I could detail this but I am pretty sure you understand.
1. He instantly started changing things without any actual knowledge of the events.
-Harry Potter is abused. Sure but to kill them over it, all of them without even checking the degree of abuse or anything.
*He didn’t even wait to confirm his findings. Any of his prior knowledge going against his personality. If he is someone who reads books about science and such, he would have logically approached this without such drastic actions immediately by confirming his findings. OOC.*
The comparison to Hermione is apt. A ‘Know it all’ indeed.
- The thing about Peter was just bad writing. I mean talk about bs reasoning and everything. The simple fact of the matter is that without Peter, Voldemort is probably not gonna be a threat unless someone actually searches for him like Peter did. Good Job on finishing the main antagonist.
- His conversation with Dumbledore was just useless.
2. The way he has instantly managed to find 2 hidden Death Eaters, especially in Hogwarts should have consequences. I look forward to seeing that.
I found it pretty alright other than that. Well written, a wish-fulfilment or power fantasy.
Thanks for writing this.
-Arceus
noylj chapter 8 . 3/2
People don't like any one who disagrees with them. It's hate and insanity not to see their brilliance. This is why free speech is under attack.
Dal0 chapter 7 . 12/27/2020
Mormon wizards? Interesting idea if a bit bizarre. not my cup of tea as it were.
journal091 chapter 1 . 12/22/2020
the first review I see is a person talking about Catholics and mormons. I feel like I should be scared
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/25/2020
Dear author,
I respect you being secure enough in your faith to be so open about it, but I don't believe that a Harry Potter fanfiction is the right avenue for your attempts at evangelization. Frankly, they're quite jarring, and they detract from whatever narrative you're otherwise trying to tell here. You shoehorning your beliefs into the story and having them treated like Gospel, pun intended, by the "good" supporting characters is irritating, out-of-character, and just plain bad writing. I mean, Bellatrix freaking Lestrange becoming an LDS convert? Seriously? Really, what irked me most was you claiming that the aphorism "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" is "part of the made-up Catholic doctrine." Now, there are two things wrong with that. One, I was raised Roman Catholic, and I can confirm that the phrase is not part of our doctrine. Two, you can't just say something like that and think people won't be offended. It would be like me declaring in one of my stories that the entirety of the Book of Mormon was made up - it's inflammatory and out of place in a fanfiction. Ultimately, that was what drove me away from finishing this fanfiction. I don't expect that you'll ever see this, but in the event that you do, I hope that you've matured as a person and a writer.
Sincerely,