Reviews for My Gilded Life
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 5 . 3/5
I do so like the undercurrent of Lockhart having gained some unexpected, Harry-like abilities from the transfusion and subsequent vanquishing of Harry's foes named Dursley.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 4 . 3/5
Again, a brilliant continuation of a most engaging story.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 3 . 3/5
Brilliant addition to the story and am thoroughly enjoying your endeavours!
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 2 . 3/5
I am thoroughly enjoying this story! I find it difficult to leave meaningful reviews without generating spoilers, so will simply say this story is well worth the read.
Solemn Nonsense chapter 5 . 2/19
I am giving up sleep to binge read your story to completion. :D
Solemn Nonsense chapter 1 . 2/19
He did all that in just the first chapter. Nice. I look forward to how he runs roughshod over the rest of canon.
MattKennedy chapter 14 . 2/6
Crazy and fun story! :D
MattKennedy chapter 7 . 2/6
I really like how your SI has such strong faith and isn't afraid to follow their/your beliefs. :)

As to your comment about God not always/often giving explanations, I think part of the reason is that many of His commands are self-explanatory if looked at in the correct context. For example, the old proverb that cleanliness is next to godliness when applied to Old Testament Laws gives us the understanding that so many of the laws that we might look at as odd now (like not eating shellfish or not having sex with a women during her period) make a lot of sense when thinking of them as measure of preventing the spread of sickness and contamination. Even something like when God ordered the complete destruction of certain enemies (even their property and animals) can be understood as a good thing if they were suffering a plague of some kind. Fire, even today, but more so a couple thousand years ago is really the only way to completely deal with something like an epidemic or plague.
MattKennedy chapter 3 . 2/6
YES! I LOVE your reference to Rowlings' Deus Ex Machina!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/8/2016
Holy religious aids
Souffle Girl in a Blue Box chapter 7 . 11/5/2016
I'm rereading this story, and I love it the second time. Almost screamed when you brought in the Word of Wisdom. I was like "Here comes D&C! Here it comes!"
It was an exciting moment. But jug wanted to say this was a great chapter and I am happy to be readin it all again.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/30/2016
I've been Catholic for most of my life, and stopped believing because when it came down to it, I'd protect my relations over the life coming to take them. Because my family is mostly full of unyealding believers and they never mention killing to protect those in church, I decided I should not believe in those who threaten or will not let me protect my ties. Thank you for helping me see that I CAN protect them and believe in our lord and savior, it will take time, but hopefully I can restore my faith, THANK YOU!
Kukay chapter 7 . 10/30/2016
I'm so amazed on how you explain about your faith while I don't know how. I'm really grateful that you can share your beliefs through writing them in your fanfics. You're really clever I love it hahahaha
Kukay chapter 6 . 10/30/2016
I LOVE your thorough explanation of the exemption to kill and it really further gave me a better understanding of that commandment. I've been wanting to explain that to my friends but I don't know how I just know the commandment "thou shalt not kill" can be said as "thou shalt not commit murder" as I learned from seminary. So killing to defend yourself and love ones is an exemption.
Kukay chapter 3 . 10/30/2016
You must be an LDS, aren't you? Hahahaha I know someone who is and I'm fond of him very well
776 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »