Reviews for My Gilded Life
Commisar Admiral Kordoshky chapter 9 . 5/29
I find it funny how the main character goes slightly mad the more memories he assimilates XD
Are you actually christian? (Is it christian? )
Rosa Mundi chapter 5 . 5/22
I don't agree with every decision you've made in this story, but on the whole I'm enjoying it, along with being fascinated to see what you come up with next. I'm also feeling like having a go at this story prompt myself, so the fact that you came up with a bunch of stuff that would never occur to me makes me happy from that angle too. (Although I'd definitely be including Tonks, since she's his cousin and all.)

This is a lot of fun, thanks for writing and posting it.
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 7 . 5/14
I will acknowledge that Snape is not a good character. I can agree that his actions are completely misplaced. But I will tell you that you are wrong about Snape being a bully as a student. At least in the beginning.

Take a child like Harry, put them in Hogwarts, and put them in Slytherin, where many of the students are pure blooded and JKR has portrayed majority of them as blood purists. Abuse from home, abuse from school from his own classmates as well as Gryffindors, and only one friend that abandons you to the man who bullied you all those years.

The mental stress, like with what you've explained with your version of Harry, caused him to buckle and without a Hermione or Ron, or Ginny, or in fact any of the other meager supports Harry DID have, I'm not surprised Snape went to the one place that would accept him. Death eaters. Sure it wasn't a good place, but Snape is used to that.

But were on the topic of him being a bully. I argue that you're wrong. Why? Because the memory Harry saw of Snape's encounter with Levicorpus, where (James) potter both instigated, and felt pleasure from using it on Snape. Not to mention Lily's mentioning in the books where she tells Potter to stop, and insinuates that he's done it before. Not to mention the conversation between Snape and Remus, and Remus' 'guilty apology' yes, it's about the werewolf incident. But who was to blame for it? Sirius. Why? Because he's Potter's best friend and a co bully.

Yes I'm biased. I'm an attached reader to a character I have created a bond through their story. There is little to nothing that endears James Potter to me and I am of the opinion that he was a bully in school. No Snape's attitude didn't help, but Snape had something Potter didn't. Lily. On Sirius' side, Snape was the epitome of what his parents expected of him. Slytherin. So, both painted a target and went after it. That's how I choose to picture JKR's characters.

Thank you for writing, and apologies for the wall of text.
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 6 . 5/14
I am a little confused about the Snape is a bully thing. Yeah, he was as an adult, but as a student at hogwarts he was the victim of bullying. But you've implied and outright said he wasn't. Is this a purposeful change in the story? I'd like to know. Thank you again for writing.
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 4 . 5/14
Parcelmouth...HAHAHA I'm envisioning Harry with a package for a mouth or talking to the mail rather than the owl that delivered it. The proper spelling for the word is Parselmouth. A parcel is a thing or group of things wrapped to be carried or sent by mail. I couldn't help but correct this in a review. Thank you so much for writing, I'm really enjoying the story!
tylermech66 chapter 3 . 5/11
Christianity... has a thing against ... tea?...

I call complete bullshit!
This was pretty cool and then it got ridonkculous and wacked up. Really...sharing blood among so many people...just gross. That makes everyone related or something, awkwardness ensues when there are babies from the 'wives'...
lazypika chapter 14 . 5/4
Why is everyone flaming this, this is amazing :D
Lady Aarya chapter 1 . 3/5
He killed Dudley too? That's just horrible. I mean I know he was a bullying whale but he was just a kid and in a way he suffered from abuse too. I really hate this part so I am just going to imagine that he did not in fact murder a kid in cold blood.
Philosophize chapter 7 . 3/4
I'm afraid that I can't in good conscience keep reading a story so full of religious proselytizing - and *bad* proselytizing at that. It's bad enough that you keep inserting it in ways that have nothing to do with plot or character development - doing that makes it clear that your goal is to proselytize, not to use religion to enhance the story. When the story takes second place to your desire to spread your faith, you shoudn't be publishing here.

But no, that wasn't enough. You actually had to take things a step further and lie to spread your beliefs. The idea that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" isn't a Catholic "doctrine" of any sort. It isn't even particularly Catholic. The idea that good intentions can backfire and make things worse, even to the point of sending one to hell, can be traced to Ancient Rome at the very least. I have no problem with critiquing religion, including especially Catholicism, but I draw a very shap line at lying to do it. A person who so easily dispenses with the truth on such an easy an obvious matter can't be trusted on anything else.

This wasn't posted for the sake of entertainment, it's an attempt to promote a person religious faith via lies and misinformation. It started as amusing, then quickly went downhill. It really doesn't belong here.
Pity chapter 4 . 2/18
I lost myself in reading your story, until the tea part. It's an SI so I understand why you would add it. The problem is your SI will not drink caffeine yet will happily steal from others and murder a child and his parents. I am surprised he suffered a witch to live to be honest. Also the part about him believing in god helped him retain his sense of self. Hogwash
senawario chapter 1 . 1/17
would have been awesome but for the religious nonsense against - of all things! - drinking TEA. Huh...

Anyway by that time the story had also lost its charm - rearranging the Grangers' memories was way over the top in terms of both believability (yes I know this is fantasy but still) as well as plot necessity, so I cut my losses when the lecture on tea happened.

Too bad, since in many other aspects (Snape, JKR's failings, Hermione's last 2 years, etc.), you seem to have your head screwed on right.

I've always said that religion (ANY religion, including the one my parents practice and wish I would practice - I am quite impartial!) is one of the worst forms of stupidity that humans are afflicted with, so I guess I should not be surprised that someone somewhere decided even tea is against some mythical god. (And god is lowercase in my dictionary, so there...!)
Navn Ukjent chapter 7 . 1/10
Quite nice story so far, but I do dislike the preaching you managed to shoehorn into the story. Religion doesn't play much part in the original story (except from the concept of souls and some kind of afterlife), and even the wedding of Bill and Fleur was performed by a wizard.

Most people in the UK are quite secular, and if they identify as Christians it's often a vague C of E kind of Christianity where they ignore most of the Bible. A devout Mormon non-muggleborn wizard would seem VERY strange.
misherukuro chapter 14 . 1/6
Extremely unique, highly engaging, and a down right riotous read. I also greatly appreciated your inclusion of GOD. All in all thanks for the enormous effort that must have gone into writing this and thanks for choosing to share it. ~,~
miruyume chapter 14 . 11/30/2015