Reviews for My Gilded Life
Guest chapter 6 . 8/16/2020
"The idea that 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions' is Catholic doctrine."
Um, no, it's not. You don't actually know anything about Catholic doctrine, do you.
Eragon135790 chapter 6 . 7/25/2020
great ff but the memory editing was a bit too far reaching for my taste had he only made the abuse-memories less present he could have achieved something similiar. also will harry learn of the memory editing in the future?
Eragon135790 chapter 1 . 7/25/2020
at first i was a bit skeptic about the ff(casue many lockhard-SI ff go in some way wrong) but it seams to become a really great ff.
1 love m4gic chapter 7 . 7/24/2020
Herbal tea is okay, is it not? I mean, it is allowed in the Mormon scripture i think...

Oh, and shouldn't there be a limit to integrating memories?! I mean, this is too easy to just get a memory and then, boom, it is yours after some practice...even if it is a compatible one... It should have a negative side effect, otherwise everyone would use it, and do not come with the "magical people are stupid" excuse please!
1 love m4gic chapter 1 . 7/24/2020
I mean, killing the little pig was unnecessary, he could have just made him survive if barely...he is just a kid who followed his parents' psychotic ways, not fully without sin but not so much that he deserved death.

Still, other than this, the story is great so far!
Guest chapter 6 . 7/24/2020
So the man who saw brainwashing as perfectly acceptable turn out to be a religious bigot ? Why am I not surprise ?
Lord Mortensen chapter 14 . 6/7/2020
Awesome! thanks for writing this story!
Haydoge chapter 1 . 6/4/2020
"Writing self inserts is one of my strengthsAuthor
Sadly use of a grammer checking software is not.
Blackbelt219 chapter 1 . 5/28/2020
I don't know about killing the Dursleys, but I don't mind it much
BlackVael chapter 14 . 5/17/2020
Weird, felt rushed, but a not bad pretty good fic.
RevDorothyL chapter 14 . 4/29/2020
A truly WILD RIDE! But very satisfying and enjoyable, because of the occasional craziness as well as in spite of it. :)
deathnoteno1fan-codegeasslover chapter 9 . 4/16/2020
I laughed so hard when it turned out the Adams are a real family in this world but I was on verg of tears from the spider bit(i really was).
Felhound chapter 3 . 3/31/2020
Shame the SI subscribes to a religious system. Those things cause people to commit greater evil than most sociopaths on a daily basis.
Felhound chapter 1 . 3/31/2020
Dudley’s a selfish git, but he’s still a kid. Why didn’t SI!Lockhard leave him out of this?
stevem1 chapter 14 . 3/4/2020
This is well written from a grammar and spelling standpoint.

The story is somewhat disturbing. The main character is an author who falls into the body of Gilderoy Lockhart. He acquires his skills and then uses his ability with memory charms goes to acquire others. He alters the memories of dozens, and therefore their personalities, to lesson the trauma of abuse, etc. He acquires dozen of wives. He murders dozens (most of whom probably deserved it).

The main character is clearly going insane as the story progresses. It ends with him defeating Dumbledore.

I’m not sure I can recommend it. It is disturbing so your mileage will vary.
902 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »