Reviews for My Gilded Life
Dana Short chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
This is continuing to be a fun read.

I am very glad your Muse is so sooperative on this story!
wolf-in-hell chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
you are insane. funny but insane. the only thing i didnt like was re-writing harry's memories, at memories are what make you what you are.
Dumbledork chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
Go, Gilderoy, go! I always love a good slaughter.
WarpWizard chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
LOL at Gomez and Blinky. Very clever use of transfigured bottles, I'll have to remember that one. Nice bit with the speculation about Salazar, I could see that being used in the books.
Prince Charon chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! (... and a big EEW! for pureblood sexual preferences)

Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.
Alex DarkFire chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
Wow I'm impressed, when you want to you can pull a very serious crazy can't you *laugh* nice very very nice, loved Binky and the snake rider bit, not to mention the exterminations you two did, also found the movie making amuse as well, all in all another wonderful chapter

can't wait to read more _

Alex
Squiddy4 chapter 9 . 8/23/2007
Hmm... mixed feelings on this fic as a whole. I usually review every few chapters but since I just started and read up to ch9 today, I don't really have much of a choice in the matter...

I loved reading the Otaku series, Mirrors, Shampoo's Revenge and others mostly because of the sheer "Jaredness" of those fics. The fics were really entertaining due to the out of this world antics of the main and sub-characters while still having the anime characters remain "in genre" (to a point). Maybe that's why I'm having reservations about this one.

The concept is a familiar one to you because of the multi-dimentional self-insert schtick but it seems that this character is much more jaded, pessimistic and.. well... preachy than most of your older ones. While I know that this version of Gilderoy isn't Skysaber in disguise, I sometimes wish it was.

Granted he's forcing lots of major changes down the throats of our beloved HP fanficdom (and seemingly all of these are well deserved) it just seems like a 'normal' SI in most chapters. SI in the sense that "these are changes I'd want to make if I had the power in the HP-verse if I were a typical Fanfic reader" rather than "these are the changes I'd make, and I'd do it with enough style and panache as to wake up the wizarding world and change history while im at it and scare the bad guys enough that they'll start a religion in my name" type of thing that I'm used to from you.

Another thing, you mentioned it in the previous chapter's ANs actually, there might me too much explanation on your motives and too little else actually happening. The monologues about why JohnSmith has to be punished and why he deserves it take up more than half of some chapters. I think we'd like to see more story rather than an expanded and itemized Author's Notes on his justifications for whatever action he needs to do next. While it does provide food for thought regarding the treatment of that character in the canon universe, it simetimes seems too much like a political rant for my personal tastes.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fic. I just don't love it like I loved Mirrors, Otaku, Shampoo's and etc... It's early days yet though and it's still very entertaining and a nice diversion. (Hey, I sat down and read nine chapters straight. That must show I'm interested right?)

Oh well... Keep writing Jared! It's great to have you back!

Oh, and don't forget about the Batman fic... I was loving that one!

Howabout a Skysaber fic as Harry? Or is that too overdone... Aha! Skysaber as Colin Creevey or Neville even. (Or Ashida Sanzennin as Fred and Jared Saotome as Geroge! That'd be weird...)
Sharpe1815 chapter 9 . 8/23/2007
I just wanted to say that I have like your stories ever since Mirrors Multiplied story (back on the old TASS site). And while I might not have agreed with you on some of your digressions I still found them entertaining and thought provoking. Although I still wish you'd resolve the whole Sailor Earth teaches Sailor Saturn bit in that story...

Like another of the people who commented here, I was a bit hesitant about reading this fic. However after reading the Wizard of Gotham and knowing that you indeed do self inserts well, I did try it. So far it has been rather fun. Okay so the digressions did slip in a couple of times, but they were interesting if only to see your perspective on things (which is appropriate as this is a self insert).

As for your power leveling of Gilderoy Lockhart? I put it down to you being a gamer. With a knowledge of the series and knowing a bit (at least what Rowlings allowed us to know) about the world you are in, I just can't see you NOT doing what you could to buff up. You have the world at stake. I just can't see you skimp (at least if you are anything like how you wrote yourself in the Skysaber stories). And since Lockhart was so deliciously low level to start, you had no where to go but up.

This chapter was fun. Seeing Dumbledore examine and try to determine how Lockhart fit his schemes was interesting. I wonder if the whole reason why Dumbledore had Lockhart teach at Hogwarts in the first place was to expose him so that the Wizarding World would only have Harry to look up to. The bit with the Addams disguise was weird but funny, just like how an Addams should be. The only thing is that with you going with the movie reality they are a bit darker than they would be if you had the series continuity (nothing in the house in the series was truly dangerous or if it was there were always near misses). I also find the small setbacks you insert to be entertaining as well.

The only problem I see with you taking out the horacruxes now is that you seem to be doing everything for Harry. Oh sure he still has other things to worry about now "mommy and daddy are fighting" and also something to consider "is it my fault that mommy and daddy are fighting?"

I do find it interesting that you practically wrote yourself out of a position to help the Grangers resolve their differences by reason of temporary insanity.

I look forward to where you are going to take this. I practically check every day. To paraphrase Cookie Monster, "Fic done yet? Fic not done yet. Fic done yet? Fic not done yet. Fic done yet? Oh... no... fic not done yet!"
Dumbledork chapter 9 . 8/23/2007
The Gomez Addams bit was absolutely brilliant. And I loved the part with the 'transfigured' marshmallows. Excellent job.
CJNyfalt chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
The Addams part was brilliant and it's good that the vacation ended and you got back into action.

I just hope that you also would continue "The Wizard of Gotham".
Alex DarkFire chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
*cheers* a free moment and a new chapter, always nice to see.

Liked the little show down with Dumbledore, also the comments on the Goblins.

Found the fact that Your character may be getting a visit from the Addams family shortly a hoot, heh also nice touch with the spiders, both the uses and the fact they where real when he thought they where fake.

sad to see my predictions with Ted seem to be comeing to pass but its not exactly unexpected.

all in all a nice read.

keep up the great work

Alex
Kin Pandun chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
Gyahahahaha! Gomez! Real! (And spiders, too!) Classic. Glad we've got halfway done. -Also0 thrilled at the irony of How to Save Harry from dying. Poor Ted. He shouldn't let stress and control issues get in the way like that. Love this chapter.

Thanks for writing,

Kin.
dogbertcarroll chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
Loved the bit with the spiders. That was simply great!

Now I have to wonder if the Adams are going to show up to find out who was pretending to be Gomez while GL is a bit insane and will fit in with them. Of course one of my favorite, tho rare, pairings is Harry/Wednesday.
Questara chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
Love the story, Poor Gilderoy (eatting a Spider, YEACH!)

Dumbles is going to be in Deep deep trouble shortly.

And I've been figuring Ted and Miranda are prolly going to break up ever since Ted refused the Harry memories. (Any chance of Gilderoy slipping into the Father role? I think he/you'd make a good one)
RavenDove chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
This polt is geting very compeling. I like the whole spider thing, it was just so funny. Keep up the good work.

RavenDove