Reviews for My Gilded Life
Stoned Koala chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
And when you're feeling *REALLY* stressed there is always 'Darkness beyond blackest pitch...'

Anyhow, the Gendo Ikari remark got me thinking (which is a really nasty habit I'm trying to give up) about the Unforgivables.

Now work with me on this, what is known about them...one controls, one hurts, and one kills, and they bypass all known magical shields.

My theory is that these three curses actually work on soul magic, specifically on the anchor point between body and soul.

The Imperious binds the soul and gives control, a sufficiently powerful or focussed individual could, in theory, break this.

The Cruciatus twists and stretches the anchor, causing pain and the lasting effects suffered by the Longbottoms could be described as a 'knot' created when the curse was released after stretching the tie for too long.

And, of course, the killing curse breaks the bond entirely, possible even with the responsible wand acting as a souldrinker, this would be held out by the Priori Incantatem when the souls were released.

Does this theory work?

Wonder how a chi aura would affect the Unforgivables, or better yet (thanks for the Gendo remark) an AT Field.

I haven't seem a HP/NGE cross yet...
CJNyfalt chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
So, Morticia has the list of possible pairing for Harry. For some reason I suspect that the name Wednesday will be added to it.
Fejijar chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
I can only think of one direction to safely point that spell:

Up.
aboulhosncc chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
You are a very weird person do you know that. Here in this story you are talking about killing a huge amount of people living in the house of the people you killed and then trying to kiss another man's wife. And then you go on an on about scripture being a soothing balm for your soul. That is seriously messed up dude you need some counseling
allen-f-ross chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
I am having a difficult time writing this review.

I loved the Addams appearance in your story. They are utterly unique in any fantasy setting. The Wizarding world is twisted, but they and their kin are beyond twisted. And they know who you are and have adopted you into their family. I must comment on two other reviewer’s comments about the introduction of Wednesday as an interested party to Harry, do it! Harry will never be the same. And should Malfoy make any kind of comment about Harry in HER presence… I leave the consequences up to your imagination. I once read a fanfic where Wednesday was expressing her interest in Ranma by nailing hearts to the door of his room (or the tent flap of his tent) and they were not the paper type hearts.

Sadly Ted is acting like all too many mortals when faced with changes he is not involved in. He rejects the people he once loved. And then turns around and makes drastic changes in his own life! If one can not find joy in the joy of those around you, you will never know joy. Ted is a doomed man and by his own actions.

I know where you get your theological references (and if any are curious, they come from a book published in English 177 years ago and has dramatically affected the lives of millions of people who have read and taken it’s teaching into their hearts). But if Bella is to truly to go through the stages of repentance, how are you going to handle her need for confession and restitution in regards to the Longbottoms? Lockheart as mediator? It will be interesting to see, unless you side step it and leave it untold. But I have never seen you side step such an issue in any of the stories of yours that I have read.

Good luck and please keep writing.
Tatsu-ZZmage chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
Well at least its not gigaslave or laguna blade though that means your on a pillar. _~
Baughn chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
You do have a tendency to top yourself. Random dragon slave? In *my* London?

The immediate situation doesn't seem like much of a problem. Just aim at the sky or, failing that, in a general upwards direction through the walls. Hopefully it won't detonate. Maybe give the moon a nifty new crater?

I can see some consequences, though. First the third line of that spell... is this really okay? Then again, with this latest merger, your local overgod appears to be a goddess of chaos. Fun.

Second, assuming he doesn't swear off black magic for being demonic in origin and all, you've just gained a source of power that *doesn't* depend too much on innate ability, or indeed skill - and one that makes potterish magic look like children's toys. Ignoring that, the other two branches (shamanistic and white) have all sorts of self-powered spells, from fireball and raywing to city-wide shields (powered by the people in said city) and giga restoration. So much for balance, but I'm sure you'll figure something out. :)

Third... the mazoku. Yeah, the ones theoretically ruled by the being you possibly just woke up. If they aren't all dead, I'm sure they'll be very amused.

It's also worth noting that - as they both attack the spirit (the connection between the soul and body anyhow, whatever you call that), AK looks rather like a pathetically underpowered version of Ra Tilt. It's worth noting that Ra Tilt is blockable, using spells from the same realm. Of course, so is AK - just use conjuration.

I do so hope there will be consequences. It'll be so exciting to see how you get out of them. :)
J. Palmgren chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
A bit messy but still great. I find it unlikely however that casting a wandless dark magic spell such as Dragon Slave at any power without practice would (or should) be possible.

Now that you've involved the Addams family I personally think Wednesday seems like a rather funny girlfriend (Stalker?) for Harry. Just need to make him a bit more durable...

May Ted be cursed with impotence and PMSlike cramps.

Good luck,

J
FohkuKohgeki chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
This is suck a crack!fic. You rock.
Hinatafanboy chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
Okay this ia still pretty good but its starting to decline a bit. Your making Lockhart/youself a bit too good at everything I mean your making it seems as though magic is one of the easiest things in the world to do. I mean their must be a reason that the students need to go to Hogwarts or another magical school for 7 years. As a personal question when you speak of scripture I am assuming your speaking of the Holy Bible, If not what scripture are you speaking up If so what denomination are you a part of or are you non-denominational?
dogbertcarroll chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
I think someone needs to visit Ted and remove some of his memories. He's a threat to operational security at the moment.

Harry and Jared being setup by Morticia. I don't know if that's more or less scary then being at ground zero of a Dragon Slave.

Hopefully he'll remember some alternate spells done in spoof on that spell or aim at something no one will miss. Having Slayer spells available should liven things up, in much the same way that that spraying napalm on a campfire livens up a picnic.

Wednesday is about the right age. I wonder how she'll get along with Luna? They might just be cousins. Or they could be the reason the Adams family left. Lovegoods are the exact opposite of the Adams.

DD as a deliberate evil character and not a deluded one? Hm, makes you wonder why Fawlkes sticks around.

Excellent work!
Gullwhacker chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
Wow. So Ted's done with this magic stuff, the Addams /like/ you, you're hanging out with Bellatrix, Dumbledore's machinations are now evident...

Oh yes. Plus, Morticia's figured out true identities, and ther'es the matter of that little spell. On that note, might I suggest aiming straight up? With a long enough range, you /might/ get away with an extremely bright fireworks display.

On that note, there might be one or two uses left for it. Demolition/construction comes to mind - say, to get a chunk of mountain out of the way of a highway-to-be. And I'm sure it would be invaluble if there were a giant meteor hurtling towards the Earth!

...yeah, that's about it. Incidentally, my preferred under-the-breath incantation is Indignation - a sort of divine wrath, expressed as a massive lightning bolt.
Dumbledork chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
Hehehe. So much goodness in this chapter. I loved the Addams bit of course. And with the Addams Family having gotten hold of the note, am I right when I think that we haven't seen the last of them. Nice touch with Bellatrix. Maybe this could even lead to a Gilderoy/Bellatrix pairing. Will we see the other Addams? Harry/Wednesday would be creepy but could be funny.

Hehehe. Slayers spells. Nice.
michael68 chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
You're going kind of fast with the story in regards to the Basilisk, killing the Deatheaters, and the whole Addams family thing. Slow down a bit so we can appreciate the story better.

Try pointing the GIGA SLAVE upwards, destroy some satellites ("The cable is out! GOD NO!") or a chunk of Mars. Don't hit our Moon, or the debri fallout would end all life on Earth.

Now that tamed werewolves are becoming a semi-accepted part of society, does that mean Lockhart will gain their support? The Order of the Wolf? Are the children of tamed werewolves born as wolf animagi?
Nice person chapter 11 . 8/29/2007
Wow. You're being so stupid. And crazy. All in one go, good going sir.
773 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 .. Last Next »