Reviews for My Gilded Life
Guest chapter 14 . 5/11/2016
This was pretty cool and then it got ridonkculous and wacked up. Really...sharing blood among so many people...just gross. That makes everyone related or something, awkwardness ensues when there are babies from the 'wives'...
lazypika chapter 14 . 5/4/2016
Why is everyone flaming this, this is amazing :D
Lady Aarya chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
He killed Dudley too? That's just horrible. I mean I know he was a bullying whale but he was just a kid and in a way he suffered from abuse too. I really hate this part so I am just going to imagine that he did not in fact murder a kid in cold blood.
Philosophize chapter 7 . 3/4/2016
I'm afraid that I can't in good conscience keep reading a story so full of religious proselytizing - and *bad* proselytizing at that. It's bad enough that you keep inserting it in ways that have nothing to do with plot or character development - doing that makes it clear that your goal is to proselytize, not to use religion to enhance the story. When the story takes second place to your desire to spread your faith, you shoudn't be publishing here.

But no, that wasn't enough. You actually had to take things a step further and lie to spread your beliefs. The idea that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" isn't a Catholic "doctrine" of any sort. It isn't even particularly Catholic. The idea that good intentions can backfire and make things worse, even to the point of sending one to hell, can be traced to Ancient Rome at the very least. I have no problem with critiquing religion, including especially Catholicism, but I draw a very shap line at lying to do it. A person who so easily dispenses with the truth on such an easy an obvious matter can't be trusted on anything else.

This wasn't posted for the sake of entertainment, it's an attempt to promote a person religious faith via lies and misinformation. It started as amusing, then quickly went downhill. It really doesn't belong here.
Pity chapter 4 . 2/18/2016
I lost myself in reading your story, until the tea part. It's an SI so I understand why you would add it. The problem is your SI will not drink caffeine yet will happily steal from others and murder a child and his parents. I am surprised he suffered a witch to live to be honest. Also the part about him believing in god helped him retain his sense of self. Hogwash
senawario chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
would have been awesome but for the religious nonsense against - of all things! - drinking TEA. Huh...

Anyway by that time the story had also lost its charm - rearranging the Grangers' memories was way over the top in terms of both believability (yes I know this is fantasy but still) as well as plot necessity, so I cut my losses when the lecture on tea happened.

Too bad, since in many other aspects (Snape, JKR's failings, Hermione's last 2 years, etc.), you seem to have your head screwed on right.

I've always said that religion (ANY religion, including the one my parents practice and wish I would practice - I am quite impartial!) is one of the worst forms of stupidity that humans are afflicted with, so I guess I should not be surprised that someone somewhere decided even tea is against some mythical god. (And god is lowercase in my dictionary, so there...!)
Navn Ukjent chapter 7 . 1/10/2016
Quite nice story so far, but I do dislike the preaching you managed to shoehorn into the story. Religion doesn't play much part in the original story (except from the concept of souls and some kind of afterlife), and even the wedding of Bill and Fleur was performed by a wizard.

Most people in the UK are quite secular, and if they identify as Christians it's often a vague C of E kind of Christianity where they ignore most of the Bible. A devout Mormon non-muggleborn wizard would seem VERY strange.
misherukuro chapter 14 . 1/6/2016
Extremely unique, highly engaging, and a down right riotous read. I also greatly appreciated your inclusion of GOD. All in all thanks for the enormous effort that must have gone into writing this and thanks for choosing to share it. ~,~
miruyume chapter 14 . 11/30/2015
WOW
Slytherson chapter 9 . 11/26/2015
Wouldn't it be amazing if he really did meet the Adams and let harry know to never never ever ever angry a Adams or threaded them or catch their attention.
Lliono chapter 6 . 11/26/2015
I can't say anything more than what the...? You're ethical believes in this chapter feels so wrong, according to me. Anyway, this story has been interesting until now and I'm sorry to say I'm dropping it because of this chapter.
GinHanelle chapter 14 . 10/24/2015
This story was extremely fun to read. Thank you!

(was reading other stories all day and then found this and read it all in one go-my eyes hurt!) Still, a wonderful story before bedtime. Much love!
GinHanelle chapter 11 . 10/23/2015
This story is full of life lessons...and whimsical craziness. Honestly, it's impossible not to love it so very much *starry eyes* And somehow it never loses control. (I am so clear on some things thanks to speeches in this story; thank you. very helpful.)
GinHanelle chapter 10 . 10/23/2015
Well! I'll say that was the most amusing use of a cute basilisk I've ever seen. Wow, what a rampage! :D
GinHanelle chapter 5 . 10/23/2015
This story is pretty epic, and you are really good at SI's. Just thought you should know.
770 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »