Reviews for My Gilded Life
Hallowtide chapter 14 . 1/17/2019
This story was fantastic ! Thank you for writing it !
OoOXylionOoO chapter 7 . 12/11/2018
You ranting about religion and JKR plot hole is getting old really fast...
OoOXylionOoO chapter 3 . 12/10/2018
Good lesson about fame.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 2 . 12/10/2018
What a waste, he didn't need to kill the Dursley, they were going to be arrested anyway...
OoOXylionOoO chapter 1 . 12/10/2018
Fortunately he did that before basilik venom and Phoenix tears were added to the mix.
Dragon0102 chapter 1 . 12/3/2018
just the opening bit was bad
naejeiuol04 chapter 7 . 11/20/2018
Snape terrorized Neville because he was the other choice for the prophesied child. If Voldemort chose to attack the Longbottoms then the Potters including Lily would have lived. Neville's existence reminded him of that.
Cyklops chapter 13 . 11/13/2018
Kestix chapter 14 . 10/25/2018
Hi, I've decided to give a Review, after Binge-reading your whole story.

First, the vocabulary itself is easy to understand and well used. The text often strays from its original plot and comes over as an essay or summary. Words and ideas fly around and it looks as if you had no real red string, at least more often than not. It became worse the farther the story progressed.

There is still a story in between, but it is hidden behind all the explanations and kinda useless information. I find it still interesting, if somewhat tough to read. This sounds as if I don't like it, but I do. The theory behind many spells and concepts of the Harry Potter world were interesting.

But I also often found your story strange and had trouble to continue. You are describing a lot of the magic rather logically or how something that was written by JK had an effect on something in your story or the original one. Which matches well with how I think. And yet you also write as if God is a proven concept, something that I don't believe in. The few times it came up were enough for me.

Whenever God and religion come up in your story it looks, for me, as if you want to convince your readers that not believing in him is wrong. Something that is, storywise, well written, as it comes from a character that believes in God. The part that makes me uncomfortable is that the character is also you. At least it started as if you got yourself transported into the Harry Potter World. Both the 'spoken' word of the character and the surrounding structure are designed in such a way that both say that not believing is wrong and bad. Having only the character speak about his believes and the narrator neutral would prevent this.

It might be because I don't believe in the one true God, or at least in a living God. More in the clockwork theory, multiverse theory, matrix or concept god theory. It might also be that only I see it this way.

The best example of this would be the 'Talk'. It was okay at the start with the potion analogy, but then quickly devolved into first religion and then something that had nothing to do with sexual education at all but how to solve an argument.

Anyway, I think your story is interesting and like to hear your opinion on what I wrote in this Review, send a PM if you do read this and want to tell me if you think I'm right.
CorruptedFlame chapter 14 . 10/16/2018
Despite the jarring Christian preaching, and occasional rant (you seem to just go on and on about morals, or some idea you've had, and it just doesn't really fit in a story) it was still a really good fanfiction when the previous 2 things are discounted.
That said chapter 7 is around the point I nearly dropped the novel, sick of having paragraphs on paragraphs of rhetoric stuffed down my throat. The only way I finished the story (and this is my suggestion to other who would like to read this but also aren't members of a cult) is to basically ignore and scroll past the religious rants, and you will recognise them as they come, and they are NOT short, so just scroll for a while and start reading again if the author has gotten back to the story by that point.
CorruptedFlame chapter 7 . 10/16/2018
The religious nuttery is a little off-putting.
Ash0011 chapter 14 . 10/3/2018
neat
Guest chapter 11 . 9/13/2018
Wait, what?
Guest chapter 10 . 9/13/2018
Wow.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/13/2018
Im not letting this injection of religion pass. That was really shoving it down my throat and makes me consider dropping an otherwise really great fic. I can understand that it is an important part of your life, and this fic is entirely yours, but just because you believe and follow a rule does not give you the right to condescendingly preach to the ignorant sheep your holy wisdom and truth. I dont know about harry and the grangers, but i as but a humble lone reader does get this impression and am a fair bit butthurt.

And im a neutral atheist. I wonder how readers who devoutly follow other relgions or are anti-religion atheists must feel.
904 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »