Reviews for The Year of the Rose
Elise chapter 12 . 4/5
Oh my God I love you, this is beautiful, brilliant, tragic and so well written. And I'm so glad it did not come to pass, I couldn't bear it if it had. Thank you for this beautiful piece of writing.
Kieran chapter 12 . 3/5
Beautifully sad. I'd feel inspired, but then I remember that I could never write something this fabulously amazing. Watch me mope for the rest of the day.
Theatre chapter 12 . 2/22
This was perfect! Aghh
This is my favorite chapter. Come back to me now, god. How heavenly.
4fan.ci chapter 12 . 8/9/2014
Wow. I love this story. I love the contrasts between beauty and despair. I love the contrasts between the gray world and the red rose. I love the scene where Hermione sees their ghostly silver reflection in the mirror and wants to make it real. I love that Hermione brings hope and comfort to others, especially Draco, in a desperate, terrifying time.
Anon chapter 12 . 7/31/2014
Heartbreakingly beautiful. I'm running off to read the next installment! You should quit your day job and just write. It is so good!
Anon chapter 11 . 7/31/2014
All of this. "Because sometimes I see him start to lose faith. When you come into the room, he lights back up, starts believing again. You make him fight like he has something to fight for."
Anon chapter 10 . 7/31/2014
Another lovely chapter!
Anon chapter 9 . 7/31/2014
Seeing their love build in a slow and beautiful way over a year is heart warming. You are such a good writer.
Anon chapter 8 . 7/31/2014
I can see why this chapter was your favorite thus far. You brought such life (ironic, I know) to a son dealing with the death of his father.
Anon chapter 7 . 7/31/2014
Sweet touches and tea time and rain? Those are my types of days.
Anon chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
This is everything: "She was stoic until Draco, who had arrived at headquarters as soon as he'd heard of the battle, dragged her into the dark hall outside the dining room, pulled her head to his shoulder, and whispered, "I'm so sorry, Granger." Only then did she begin to cry, and to mourn for the small, pure part of herself that had died when she'd taken a life, the latest casualty of war."

And yes, music is a beautiful form of magic.
Anon chapter 5 . 7/31/2014
The sketch of the rose.. AUGH! You are killing me! Or when he was so relieved when he saw her? Come on! This is soo good.
Anon chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
I really take to the idea of Minerva being the one to take care and mother her in that moment. Also, this line was perfect "they drank a quiet toast to the passing of an age."
Anon chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
My heart breaks for Snape knowing he was a "good guy" in canon. Perfect reactions to his death though. Glad Draco was able to get some and not have to be alone.