Reviews for Ignis Bellator
Gina Ichimaru's girl chapter 2 . 10/28
The qote of the day on chapter two. I hope it's not real, on the other hand the IRS would be just that dunderheaded.
GenetiX23 chapter 7 . 12/7/2014
Bah. Generic Wave Mission. To hell with this fic.
GenetiX23 chapter 5 . 12/7/2014
HinataXSasuke is...just, why would you do that to Hinata? She doesn't deserve that.

Also this story seems too close to canon, by which I mean Naruto is a dumb fuck who will likely never learn anything other than shadow clones and the rasengan. Ugh.
GenetiX23 chapter 4 . 12/7/2014
...I just realized you didn't use transliterated names. Holy shit, finally, someone uses English for an English story.
GenetiX23 chapter 3 . 12/7/2014
Please just get rid of Sasuke. He's a really bad character.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/18/2014
Is that really on the IRS wedsite?
Publicola chapter 13 . 5/27/2014
Dang it. For some reason, though I've enjoyed the chapter up until now, this one was really disappointing. Perhaps it's because that the changes you've made are almost exclusively pertaining to character relationships - you got rid of Sasuke, brought in Hinata, and are doing a decent job of setting up a Narute/Hinata pairing for the future. But where's the training? Sakura and Hinata killed people on the Wave mission - no one in canon Team 7 did so. Sakura has been receiving additional training at the hospital - does she not consider sharing that with Hinata, or encouraging the others to train as well?

While it's nice that all three of them are much more serious about being ninja, as shown by Iruka reporting on how he tested each of them, the one major detail that caught my eye is that none of them showed any talent beyond what they already had in canon - Naruto's shadow clones, Hinata's gentle fist, and Sakura's talent with genjustu (however rarely we see the latter in canon).

Likewise for the 'four-leaf crimson clover' mission - sure, it's canon (or at least an OVA episode from the anime, whatever that means), but Sakura at least would and should harangue Naruto for so impetuously taking up that mission without getting information, starting the mission without involving his *teammates*, and setting off every trap without trying to work around them.

The worst part, however, was the end of this chapter where you forcibly press Hinata into the mold of Sasuke for the purposes of duplicating that scene from canon. While I can follow her train of thought that would lead her to stand up and fight, it's really hard for me to imagine her being so hard-headed to insist on fighting with a fellow Leaf nin *right* before entering the Chunin Exams for promotion. Nothing like weakening yourself before a major test, and showing off your techniques to any foreign ninja who might be watching. For Sasuke to do it makes sense - he gets to copy Lee's technique via Sharingan, and he's too bull-headed about 'testing his strength' to make much of a fuss about it. But Hinata is smarter and shyer than that, so it's pretty egregiously out-of-character for her to agree to it, especially when it's so obviously duplicating the events and conversation from canon.

Publicola chapter 10 . 5/27/2014
That battle sequence was very well written, and I can already see how it sows the seeds for character development down the road. I wish you'd been able to find another end for Haku, since I've seen quite a bit of potential in him (or her, in case of fem!Haku) when he's used in various fics. I also hope this battle will inspire Naruto to finally pay attention to his lessons, and to Hinata.
Publicola chapter 6 . 5/27/2014
You know, I don't disagree that you've kept Naruto very similar to his canon persona (and I eagerly await the time when you start making him smarter), but dang that is still really annoying. I don't like dealing with oblivious idiots in real life, and it bothers me that Kishimoto made one his eponymous hero. Yeesh. The sole reason I'm on the fence about the Naruto/Hinata pairing is because I don't think Naruto deserves her; I enjoy the pairing in fan-fics where Naruto is more intelligent or competent, even if minimally so.

By the way, you should consider putting a date-stamp on the author's note in the first chapter, so we readers can tell whether that was added recently or a while ago, and whether or not you'll be removing all chapters but the first soon or have already done so.
titan616 chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
I've liked the first two chapters, and the quotes of the day are nice additions. I know why the IRS taxes illegal income, and it's all very logical and good, but it still looks absurd when you see it in ink like that.

I looked at the reviews for chapter two, only to find people bitching about things like 'naruto's being to much an idiot'. Well he was an idiot early on, and nothing here has changed from canon yet except that Hinata and Sasuke traded teams, which hasn't had time to have much effect yet. People are disappointed because they're getting canon Naruto instead of super-cool, godlike, I'm-a-bastard-with-a-harem Naruto. I'm done reading the reviews of Naruto fanfictions, people here make me want to beat myself into unconsciousness.
MYK-ON chapter 13 . 3/20/2014
It was funny how sakura did the matrix to avoid the kisses from Lee
The SnKo chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Worst Teacher EVER
sirsmokealot chapter 10 . 9/26/2013
For a major character switcharoo this story is so canon its very infuriating. Might as well not even switch hinata with sasuke if they follow the same plot.
CrystalBud chapter 29 . 8/21/2013
I love it, I hope you get those rewrites out fast
CrystalBud chapter 3 . 8/21/2013
poor hinata, I really like this story