Reviews for Poison to the Plate
BlueberryFridge chapter 20 . 12/9/2013
I am so RELIEVED you didn't seriously kill Light. Though, god knows I still wouldn't have stopped reading this. The plot just kept haunting me even in my /dreams/ - I couldn't stop thinking what Nix was planning (love him, btw, even if he's an asshole); that is to say before I finally finished reading the whole fic. And even then, I was still craving for more! Gosh, I learnt a lot, too. I hadn't even known taking a chunk of brain could effect TLE!
ElykaEvelyn chapter 20 . 8/16/2013
This was so long ago, but I only just discovered it, and I couldn't stop reading it. It's on of those fanfics that is written so well that it seems like it's actually part of the storyline, like it was written by the professionals. Well done.
Gasoline Diamond chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
*Cries*
once-upon-a-dream012 chapter 20 . 4/12/2013
'on the Fitz' I DIED. I'm still chuckling over it. great story line :) it was a great way to spend my day! :D
iheartroboboogie chapter 20 . 11/10/2012
I cant even begin to describe how truly *splendifferouse* this story was *excuse the spelling*. I loved it i really did! What I think I loved most was all the detail and knowlege that you posessed on the little things like medical references and other things like the many MANY illneses Light was suffering from. Truly amazeing I usually can tell an auther's intelligence by way of reading their work and you seem like an extremely intelligent indavidual and i really appreciate that in an author so thank you for the fic you are incredibly creative and i really enjoyed reading your own interpretation of death note and all its lovely characters! I especially like your L. Some L's in other fics i think are eiather to obliviouse, robotic, or childish but with your L you made him into an actual human being. You made him imperfect while still staying true to his origional character. I really loved L in this fic he's a perfect mash-up of everything i especially love it when he curses i find myself laughing every time but in most of those situations i could actually picture him reacting that way. Anyway what makes this fic special to me is that you gave L a depth that i truly belive actually exsists somewhere within the confines of his origional character. The homosexuality might be debatable though lolz as much as we fan girls WOULD LOVE TO BELIVE HE IS! Although i dont really think L is gay so much as an entirely different sexual LIGHT SEXUAL! And i also think you developed his attraction to Light in a very belivable way as well. i really delighted in your fic you are a lovely authoer indeed tah tah! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
iheartroboboogie chapter 17 . 11/7/2012
I absolutly love this story and it galls that havent gotten more reviews than this! This story is truly incredidble i have been neglecting my studies and other obligation just to read your materpiece. I LOVE UKE LIGHT. I love him with a passion. Although you were kinda violent with him though. But for the sake how incredible a writer you are I wouldnt exchange Lights pain for the world. Sorry Light. Although I'm not going to lie I really did appreciate the later chapters because they seemed to be a lot more gentler to Light. In a lot of your chapter when Light was being tortured I couldnt help but go MY BABY! when i saw poor little Light being tortured. I understand why he killed Sayu but it was still sad nontheless, I personally think she's damn adorable! But oh well I've always been a masochist for brutaly beautiful stories! Great work, you are truly incredible even made me cry a few times
wishfulliving89 chapter 20 . 9/5/2012
love the story very much. very well written 2. let me know if there might be book to to this someday.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/5/2012
I really loved reading this story, and felt like almost all the stuff the characters said/did was plausible; actually in the realm of the character's personality. The only thing that felt off was in the first chapter, when Light was admitting to being Kira. He sounded to...sane? Collected? Perhaps the only thing making me think this is the fact that he was-for the most part- speaking in full sentences. And I would have liked it even more if you had narrated his thoughts as he regained his memories (or right after he regained them, and was processing the new information) how he reached the conclusion that he had to kill himself. It wasn't necessarily OOC (I could see Light becoming suicidal after regaining his memories, if he didn't also immediately revert to his Kira 'I am god' way of thinking) but without the writer giving the reader a little more insight, it appears to be OOC. In my experience, most writers that start off even a bit OOC, end up writing the characters so differently after the first couple of chapters, the only thing that is the same is the physical appearance and their names. I almost stopped reading because of this, as well as the very short length of the chapter. However, I was pleasantly surprise when I continued reading. Despite my initial trepidations, it was a very well-written story, one of the best I had ever read about L and Light. 99% of the time, I could follow the plot well enough to understand the story, but still not be able to really predict as to what was going to happen next. And that other 1% is really minor stuff, and probably more due to the fact I was reading in the early morning hours than the quality of the writing. There wasn't any meaningless lemons, the aspect of rape was dealt with enough tact that anyone who was put off by rape in a story could handle it, while not feeling like you were completely sugar-coating the act (though I personally felt like Light would definitely had more trouble when trying to becoming intimate with L, even if he didn't remember the rapes. Especially when L was in a position above Light. I would also have expected Light to resist being penetrated, or at least hesitated. I could see L offering to 'bottom' in an attempt to make Light feel more comfortable and in control of the situation. But that's just my opinion.)
Also, for you people who commented that Lucious was not the Latin name for 'light', you are correct. As a student of Latin, I was slightly disappointing that it was wrong. However, when looking up the word in my Latin dictionary (not google translate, because that can't even handle a simple translation) and going back an re-reading the passage that the name was first explained, she did said that it was a Latin BASED name, which can be said for a lot of names, NOT that it was a Latin word for 'light'. My name is derived from Latin ('Follower of Christ') but I can assure you that my name does not have the same meaning in Latin, for obvious reasons. In fact, it's not even close to ANY of the words in Latin.
All things considered, this was a really good story. I enjoyed reading it, and would defiantly have read the squeal had you written one. Seen as this was last updated over 4 years ago, I am assuming that it's not going to happen :'(
dolelle chapter 20 . 6/25/2012
Well, this was one hell of a ride, but I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it :)

Thanks for sharing such a fantastic story.
Sonorous Serendipity chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
Yes, I actually cried when they killed Light. Such a sap. ._. You're a beautiful writer... I only wish there was more of Soichiro.
Jing-yen chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
Just found via others' favorites lists and love it. I love these angst fics.

I want to point out a plot hole. Chapter 53, p 19

Light only kept his memories of being Kira because he killed Higuchi while holding the note and became the owner. It would introduce a lot of difficulties with conviction. The solution to patch the plothole would be a short segment on figuring out how to solidify Kira's memories sich as making light ingest a piece of the deathnote and the execution and subsequent could still occur but it begs to be explained.

Oh well. semantics. Still love.
DaJapican chapter 20 . 10/27/2011
Even though there was a lot of self pity and angst in this story I found that I liked it. Hell even the OC where bad which normally I would have thrown a shit fit. I know Light is a narcissistic bastard in the canon but I felt so bad for him in this story. All the emotional, physical, and mental pain he must have endured... At least it has a happish ending. :) Plus L got to fuck L so that is a bonus. Hopefully I get to read the sequel soon. Adding this awesome story to my favs.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 5 . 10/11/2011
"I'm not letting you off that easily."

Interesting. The execution was believable.

I think they have a hypothesis that I some how created the death note.

Idiots!

Darn Nix!

I don't have the strength to read about such inhumanity. To read about CIA and doctors, militarists and scientists, cooperating together to break a person, body and mind, physically and mentally, with knife and poison, with pain and addiction, with surveillance and loneliness. I don't want to believe anybody can be so cruel, and still remain 'upstanding member of society', to be so inhuman, and yet think that the only non-human here is criminal, when truth is the opposite: the criminal is misguided brilliant youth, lured by the weapon and regretting crimes, and the 'righteous' lieutenant is terrible sadist.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 20 . 8/29/2011
loved it
starsinjars chapter 20 . 6/10/2011
i really enjoyed this fic. i loved the plot, but became really confused as to what exactly happened in the end. and that whole misa thing was totally random XD anyway, yes, i was confused. entertained, but confused. and i know that it has been like 4 years since you last seen this and i'm randomly coming in and reviewing, but i really enjoyed this fic. thank you for the read :)