Reviews for Poison to the Plate
kirasmatic chapter 20 . 8/10
This story was so good. I'm a sucker for angst and hurt/comfort, so this fic was literal perfection. I see that this story was written in 2007 so that sequel likely isn't coming nearly a decade later. But if it did I'd be so happy. You're a brilliant writer, and I hope that wherever you're at now, you're continuing to share your story telling gift with the world. OK that was corny but yeah, thanks for writing this.
Recolte le rhume chapter 20 . 7/27
Too lazy to write a good review. But I liked your story !
Rian chapter 20 . 1/20
Oh god what can i say. I love love loveeee this story. I especially love your Light (or kira or raitokun or lucious or kith or whatever else left in there, really) here. I've always had soft spot for characters with multiple personality disorder (yes i still call it by that name. A lot easier to spell xD). It keeps things interesting. I love how your Light is a bundle of MESS, with capitals M-E-S-S, here. It's tiring seeing that stubborn bastard always in control heh. And i especially love your L here oh my god. you make him so much more human here without straying too far from his character, it's refreshing. It's nice seeing him being given the chance to actually be human for once!

This fic is a masterpiece and i love every bits of it. If there's anything i'd change in this story however, i would make Light Yagami as Light's name eventually. Idk, that name just has the effect on me (name fetish, anyone?) and it would be nice to see him coming back to himself but aw the ending isnt actually an ending and Light is already beyond repair anyway. I kinda get your rationality here so yeah. Im so glad that this story actually has a solid plot instead of the typical two genii venting out sexual frustation to each other stories. Some stories are niceee but It gets old after some time : And honestly I'm half hoping for you to write its sequel and half hoping for you not to (bcs i will end up doing nothing but wait for updates seriouslyyyy I'm obsessed like that xD) but this is such an old story and i doubt you'll write one but thank you anyway for writing this :) now excuse me while i go back to the first chapter and reread hahah xD
Kaizen Kitty chapter 18 . 12/8/2015
sorry I still don't get what motive Nix or Miller or the CIA could have in Sayu's and Mogi's death...(it doesn't seem very productive) and why would they order Light to kill his whole family? Would they sacrifice so many lives just to break a captured mass murderer who was already broken? This just looks like extra drama to make Light look more pitiful and to put the limelight on this L/Light hurt-comfort scenario. The plot just...doesn't make much sense? Or am I missing something?

XD Also I like the prospect of all the Wammy kids living on a yacht - it would be very cool if this narrative could return back to them (if you could show some of Mello, Matt and Near too) - L and Light constantly arguing about Light's mental health problems gets a bit tedious after a while (when the conflict is so staged - Sayu's death - and when it is not interspersed with some comic relief from time to time).

Also, is Misa really alive? Or is that just another Wammy House orphan who was named after her?
Kaizen Kitty chapter 17 . 12/8/2015
yes, definite mindfuck material right there ;-)
Kaizen Kitty chapter 7 . 12/5/2015
XD okay noe this is just downright weird. It's certainky an original idea (haven't seen this in the Death Note fandom so far, so amazingly dark and uh...detailed?)... but it's not something I can actually believe is part of canon (despite the serious tone of this fic). It's a little bit over-the-top with conspiracy theories for me, and doesn't seem...plausible? There must be easier ways to assassinate L, if that was something the CIA wanted. And why would they even want that? L is their ally. Why kill him? Even at the risk of potentially setting a potentially dangerous criminal supermind (Light Yagami) on the loose?
Kaizen Kitty chapter 4 . 12/3/2015
No, so far I don't thik Light is OOC. Light is very much himself in this fanfic - acting just as you'd expect he would act under the circumstances - characterization, You nailed it. Spot on. And L and Matt and Mello and all the other characters too.

:) I do think this is a rather dark interpretation of L's past...and I don't know how I feel about that yet. It's certainly intrigued me.

The writing style ... well it could help if you used more paragraphs instead of loose sentences? Also, I like the dialogue but the descriptive parts (the narration) could use some editing - as currently they do not display a very wide vocab, and some sentences sound a little awkward. Overall though, great job - this hath potential and I read on :-D
avid reader chapter 4 . 9/13/2015
sorry if i find the part about a biopsy sketchy but that voids human rights, in my opinion and i don't see how light can be alive in his state with the temporal lobe removed. the temporal lobe is one of major sections of the cerebral cortex as such it controls speech, listening and parts of memory, light would be a vegetable.

i'm not an authority on brain surgery though i would assume that the 21st century particularly america would not use practices so outdated for any reason.

all the best to your writing this isn't a flame btw i like the story just a thought when using actual procedures, try to think a little more about what and how you write.
Mika chapter 7 . 4/5/2015
I am begging to love this story so so much. I hate Nix with a passion! And everyone else who has done those horrible things to Light...I hope he gets better and him and L can be happy together.
jyotimeena10 chapter 20 . 11/23/2014
sniff sniff..it was great..
jyotimeena10 chapter 13 . 11/22/2014
I am at chapter 14 and this ff is going bloody well till now..
jyotimeena10 chapter 9 . 11/22/2014
loved it..
Star Child chapter 20 . 9/11/2014
I know this was written a long time ago but I still need to tell you how brilliant this story is.
It's quite possibly the best Death Note story I've read and I don't normally ship LxLight.
I found the story with Nix and Light's multiple personalities compelling and most of all I found that you wrote L in a way that humanized him without making him seem OOC which is damn near impossible, but somehow you did it.
So I'm not even sure if you will ever see this review as you haven't been active in a long time, but if you do I want to let you know how much I appreciate the time and effort which must have gone into writing this piece and thank you for writing this amazing story.
BlueberryFridge chapter 20 . 12/9/2013
I am so RELIEVED you didn't seriously kill Light. Though, god knows I still wouldn't have stopped reading this. The plot just kept haunting me even in my /dreams/ - I couldn't stop thinking what Nix was planning (love him, btw, even if he's an asshole); that is to say before I finally finished reading the whole fic. And even then, I was still craving for more! Gosh, I learnt a lot, too. I hadn't even known taking a chunk of brain could effect TLE!
ElykaEvelyn chapter 20 . 8/16/2013
This was so long ago, but I only just discovered it, and I couldn't stop reading it. It's on of those fanfics that is written so well that it seems like it's actually part of the storyline, like it was written by the professionals. Well done.