Reviews for Phoenix
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
I loved the style in which this is written. I don't think it's scattered at all. Maybe some people can't see the rythmn of it.

And if this comes from an inner turmoil, it's a geat way of getting it out and facing it.

Thank you for a simple but beautifully told tale.
Isabellec chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Beautiful, just beautiful. I wish the aired show would allow us to see more of this.
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Ooh...I really liked this. The style was very intriguing.
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Wow. This was truely...just wow. The darkness of emotion in it was awing in a way I have never read before. Really honestly well written.
Sanderspleen chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
This was TRULY an amazing piece. I felt as though I was actually standing in the heart of Dean. So dark, yet so much emotion just dying to get out, but he can't, he won't. Such an incredible job of using the metaphor of fire throughout it and using actual phrases from the show to give us examples of his turmoil and where it's all coming from.

I can't even begin to get into the depth of this...it was just TRULY amazing! I'm sad to hear that it somehow comes from your own inner-turmoil because it does have such a sense of darkness and depression, but you are TRULY an amazing writer.
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Wow. The deep blackness of emotion I got from this is how it sometimes feels to be depressed. The pain, hope lost, hope found again - defining your life in moments and people - was all very real. I loved how you related it all to fire and mixed in the lines from the show as Dean evolves through the scenes.

I really liked it (felt it touch my own deep turmoil) and think you should be very proud of this.

(Hugs)

Nicole
Mummyluvr chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
That was so awesome that I can't describe it in words. Totally going on my favorites list!
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Oh darlin', I loved this to ashes...k, bad pun. *shrug* I just got in from work, saw that you posted, and came here to look. I almost missed it. (I think I was looking for you other name).

Anwho, just loved this. The thread of fire, and death, ash and resurrection just twines so beautifully into all these scenes, even those I'd never really thought about. For example, the first CRD stating that Dean was lit up with pain. That was an interesting catch. Like it bunches.

"Casting off his soul, knowing life only ever came from ashes." -my favorite line, methinks. '

Would like more of this prosetry. The only thing that made it a little esoteric for me was the centering. I think the visual effect is wonderful, almost like smoke rising above a fire, but it does make it a little harder to read. Not too difficult, since I gobbled up every word.

Tracy
burnmedown chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Wow...gorgeous, and I think very accurate, insight into what makes Dean tick. I love the style, and how you wove in quotes from various episodes. Wonderful job.
rholou chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
wow

i have no words

just

wow
Demonhunter2 chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
oh claire thanx for PMing me! that was amazing, really out did yourself. i like how you likened Dean to the phoenix, he doesn't cheat death, he can't die, he is the phoenix great job!
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Only in my daydreams could I write something with this much imagry, subtle layering, meaning, and purpose. The first time I read it, I ached for Dean. The second time, I ached for you. Pain, loss, confusion, pride, perseverance, hope, joy... each emotion drips from these words like tears.

The character study that you've taken on here is phenominal - with words that just seemed to have punched out of you. Some that hit me:

He was just a boy: Freckled nose, chubby hands, inquisitive green eyes. Until he was reborn of fire: Blood flecked cheeks, fingers dexterous with the trigger, eyes full of pain.

His eyes are amazing - how they capture his emotion, bottle it, and then hide it away all in the space of a breath. This tells *why*.

No matter how hollow. No matter how lifeless. No matter how cold. Each breath came as a reminder of how alive he was.

And he spent a good portion of Season 2 hating that fact. *whimper*

Dean was only alive… When Sam was by his side.

And Gaelic has chills...

It didn’t matter that he knew the next flames he’d face, he wouldn’t return from. It didn’t matter that there would be no light after the dark when Hades opened and swallowed him. It didn’t matter because from his life came one that had meaning.

Guh, Dean. Lump in throat.

Thank so much for sharing this piece of you.
Kira Reed chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
You sure put a lot of feeling into this, I could really feel what it was that Dean was feeling in those points of his life. The comparison to a Phoenix was beautiful. Discribes Dean Winchester very well. This was powerful, the emotion and feeling ring true I believe that wholeheartedly.

*smiles* You really have Dean down, I am so glad you decided to share this with others. It deserves high praise. You do such amazing work. (Even makes me jealous. *hug*) You are an amazing writer and have such great talent. All thoughts and feelings were dead on.

Wonderful work.