Reviews for I Never Really Told You
AquaRibbon chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
EEEEE! This was heartbreaking! My feels!
I think I've always shipped S/A in my heart of hearts, but only just today as I was re-watching the movie did it occur to me to look for fanfic. XD
Beautiful!
ShanaO chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Love it!

Will you do more of this pairing? I haven't looked at your other stuff yet, so maybe there is more?
CrossoverQueen chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Every time I read "The Last Unicorn," I keep wondering what question the unicorn is answering when she tells Schmendrick, "That is why."

This piece is a wonderfully complicated and bittersweet answer to all my questions.
Sonar chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Well I would of never thought of that pairing. Felt angsty but liked it.
White Stone chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Bravo! I love Schmendrick/Unicorn (I know this is weird)!
Frances Geira chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Simply beautiful...

Honest, ethermal, and frankly true. Schmendrick was only ever justified for everything he did when she came to him in the end, and even then, she was only a dream...you portrayed her perfectly. Neither intentionally cruel or kind, but unchangingly harsh, even when she was human, despite not knowing any better.

I'm not quite sure if I believe that Schmendrick loved her in such a way, but he certainly was jealous at times. There was a spark of originality of you own in this piece, which is always nice to see, and like Beagle's own writing, descriptive and magically suiting the theme.

I hardly ever see a well-written piece of fanfiction, so when I come across something like this, I feel inclined to tell the author. And I must say, simply captivating. Your style has a simple grace about it - not brimmed with the unnecesary, but indeed lovely and well-presented.

Thank you for the read, certainly worth the time and thoughts.

All the best...

x
smallfry chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Oh the excitement of reading my semi-sercet pairing. The relationship between Schmendrick and the unicorn, with it's depth and sercet understandings, is something to adore.

This fic is lovely.
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
After not watching the movie for 13 years, I went back and watched it again. Yeah, it was nothing like how I remembered it as a child-it just wasn't beautiful enough. It's amazing how much things change between seeing it as a young child and seeing it as a young adult. But then I read the book for the first time, and all the beauty that I remembered was present struck me by a thousandfold. It's a beautiful story.

You're right: Lir is never good enough for her. But then again, no one is. Your explanation of this obvious and poignant love that Schmendrick has for the unicorn is very human and modern in its doubting, but it does open up a side to his character that is interesting to see. I think, though, that she must have known: when she was mortal, it could very easily have been Schmendrick who courted her. But he was busy searching always for a way to save her and reunite her to her people and her mortality, which he did, risking her hatred forever. There is no doubt that he loved her much deeper than Lir ever could.

Loved it!
Black Cat Stalker chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Bravo! You should really write more Schmendrick/Amalthea (there are so very few of us who ship it, you know). I think that this is the only SxA fic on the internet. Keep up the good work!
Anonymous Chibi chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I really enjoyed reading this. I never really thought of the magician romantically involved with the unicorn...and I sincerely liked reading from his point of view on the whole affair.

I also enjoyed your writing style...it was simple and elegant. Writing at it's best I think. Not so verbose and complicated that the reader gets lost and bored...

Anyway. Good work. I enjoyed your writing and your ideas thoroughly.
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
lovely story
Society's Cavity chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Oh thank GOD! I feel like I have spent an eternity searching for a Schmendrick/Amalthea fic... for whatever reason, everyone seems to write Amalthea/Lir. (Which is completely beyond my understanding... Schendrick so obviously loved her more and for purer reasons.) This short but beautifully written story has finally fulfilled my fruitless search! So, so much love for you. *fav!*
Ovo chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Thank you. This is certainly an insightful look at an angle which rarely, if ever, gets covered around here. _
Suki chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Ah, this is so sad! So the answer to the unspoken question the end . . . because he was in love with her?