Reviews for I Never Really Told You
Eiswolf-Zero chapter 1 . 2/9
Reading through my favorites again, I found this little piece of fiction
and damn, it's as beautiful as back then.

I'm mad at me for not writing a review back then but here it is now.

The word flow is amazing, the aching in them from Schmendricks point of view bittersweet and clearly there.
Thank you for this!
Darkcloud02 chapter 1 . 1/5
Ya know...this may well an truly be one of the only fics on the whole site that visits poor shmens feelings for lady alma...i truly wish there were one just one that had the pairing. Still, side track aside, this was a nice quick read which as i said shows what shmen was feeling and it was an intriguing piece
Lyric Boleyn chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
This is really beautiful. I have been shipping Schmendrick and Amalthea long before I even knew what shipping was. Great job!
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
Wow, so much emotion packed in here! This is wonderfully passionate and amazing
AquaRibbon chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
EEEEE! This was heartbreaking! My feels!
I think I've always shipped S/A in my heart of hearts, but only just today as I was re-watching the movie did it occur to me to look for fanfic. XD
Beautiful!
ShanaO chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Love it!

Will you do more of this pairing? I haven't looked at your other stuff yet, so maybe there is more?
CrossoverQueen chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Every time I read "The Last Unicorn," I keep wondering what question the unicorn is answering when she tells Schmendrick, "That is why."

This piece is a wonderfully complicated and bittersweet answer to all my questions.
Sonar chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Well I would of never thought of that pairing. Felt angsty but liked it.
White Stone chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Bravo! I love Schmendrick/Unicorn (I know this is weird)!
Frances Geira chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Simply beautiful...

Honest, ethermal, and frankly true. Schmendrick was only ever justified for everything he did when she came to him in the end, and even then, she was only a dream...you portrayed her perfectly. Neither intentionally cruel or kind, but unchangingly harsh, even when she was human, despite not knowing any better.

I'm not quite sure if I believe that Schmendrick loved her in such a way, but he certainly was jealous at times. There was a spark of originality of you own in this piece, which is always nice to see, and like Beagle's own writing, descriptive and magically suiting the theme.

I hardly ever see a well-written piece of fanfiction, so when I come across something like this, I feel inclined to tell the author. And I must say, simply captivating. Your style has a simple grace about it - not brimmed with the unnecesary, but indeed lovely and well-presented.

Thank you for the read, certainly worth the time and thoughts.

All the best...

x
smallfry chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Oh the excitement of reading my semi-sercet pairing. The relationship between Schmendrick and the unicorn, with it's depth and sercet understandings, is something to adore.

This fic is lovely.
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
After not watching the movie for 13 years, I went back and watched it again. Yeah, it was nothing like how I remembered it as a child-it just wasn't beautiful enough. It's amazing how much things change between seeing it as a young child and seeing it as a young adult. But then I read the book for the first time, and all the beauty that I remembered was present struck me by a thousandfold. It's a beautiful story.

You're right: Lir is never good enough for her. But then again, no one is. Your explanation of this obvious and poignant love that Schmendrick has for the unicorn is very human and modern in its doubting, but it does open up a side to his character that is interesting to see. I think, though, that she must have known: when she was mortal, it could very easily have been Schmendrick who courted her. But he was busy searching always for a way to save her and reunite her to her people and her mortality, which he did, risking her hatred forever. There is no doubt that he loved her much deeper than Lir ever could.

Loved it!
Black Cat Stalker chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Bravo! You should really write more Schmendrick/Amalthea (there are so very few of us who ship it, you know). I think that this is the only SxA fic on the internet. Keep up the good work!
Anonymous Chibi chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I really enjoyed reading this. I never really thought of the magician romantically involved with the unicorn...and I sincerely liked reading from his point of view on the whole affair.

I also enjoyed your writing style...it was simple and elegant. Writing at it's best I think. Not so verbose and complicated that the reader gets lost and bored...

Anyway. Good work. I enjoyed your writing and your ideas thoroughly.
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 3/23/2008